jets really not interested in branch?

harris5214

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

'HAWKS, JETS ANGLE FOR BRANCH

Published reports indicate that the other team in the hunt for Patriots receiver Deion Branch is the Seattle Seahawks.

Earlier on Friday, we reported that the Jets are one of two teams who have offered Branch a contract worth six years and $36 million.

But we're now told that the Jets don't genuinely expect to land Branch from a division rival, and that they jumped into the fray primarily as a favor to Branch's agent, Jason Chayut, and in order to make it harder for the Patriots to ultimately keep Branch.

In fact, some league insiders are wondering why other AFC teams (specifically division rivals in Buffalo and Miami) haven't matched or increased the financial offer, for no reason other than to pressure the team into moving Branch somewhere.

That somewhere, for now, figures to be Seattle.

The other possibility, in our view, would be a decision by the Patriots to match the offer that Seattle has made. But $36 million over six years might still be more than the Pats are willing to pay.

Either way, something is going to happen within the next two hours -- unless New England chooses to extend the artificial deadline put in place a week ago.

i dont buy it....im sure the pats arent that stupid....if it got out that the MEDIA knows...why wouldnt they know this???

I don't think that anybody in the MSM (main stream media) really KNOWS sp-but it's being theorized that it might just be exactly that...a ploy-I hope we're right-I hate losing those draft picks

I don't think that anybody in the MSM (main stream media) really KNOWS sp-but it's being theorized that it might just be exactly that...a ploy-I hope we're right-I hate losing those draft picks

The story that the Jets were interested in Branch was started by Max. He also arranged the Dell people in India to stuff the box in the SI Jets web site contest to get the JN hits up. It's sweeps week. I hate to say it, but what marketing brilliance!

The story that the Jets were interested in Branch was started by Max. He also arranged the Dell people in India to stuff the box in the SI Jets web site contest to get the JN hits up. It's sweeps week. I hate to say it, but what marketing brilliance!

I know CH-that's the kind of hairpin he is

Archived