Atlanta is NOT back

So please stop everyone who thinks they are.

Steve Smith was OUT of the game. You're taking out one of the best players in the game and one of the best playmakers in the game. Let's see how they do later on this season with Smith in the lineup.

Also, Carolina had a slow start last year, losing at home to New Orleans Week 1. Look how both of those teams ended up.

So please stop everyone who thinks they are.

Steve Smith was OUT of the game. You're taking out one of the best players in the game and one of the best playmakers in the game. Let's see how they do later on this season with Smith in the lineup.

Also, Carolina had a slow start last year, losing at home to New Orleans Week 1. Look how both of those teams ended up.

Yeah but Steve Smith being in the game wouldn't have stopped John Abraham from taking apart the Panthers' offensive line.

As overrated as Abe is, he really stepped it up yesterday and actually looked like the player everyone says he is. That and Michael Vick played a very good game. If Jenkins and Crumpler continue to click with him like that the Falcons are a top 3 team int he NFC

Atlanta IS back.

They will have the best defense in football this year. However, until they get a REAL QB, they will remain bridesmaids.

Wrong.

Atlanta's D will not be the best. John Abraham is OVER-RATED and once again got hurt. They will not even be in the Top 5. Yesterday's performance was a fluke.

Wrong.

Atlanta's D will not be the best. John Abraham is OVER-RATED and once again got hurt. They will not even be in the Top 5. Yesterday's performance was a fluke.

When healthy, that is without question, the best defensive line in football. They have very fast young LBs, and one of the top 5 corners in football. Barring a stampede of injuries, the only defense that can touch them is Chicago.

Isn't this Falcons team essentially the same team we basically gave the game to last year when we completely sucked, and still managed to be competitive with? Being third best in the NFC doesn't amount to much, and I think everyone is wrong with their predictions anyway. It's basically going to be the Eagles coming out of the NFC, with the Bears, Falcons and Panthers playing second fiddle, but it doesn't matter which of those teams is really #2. I like our chances against the NFC, except for the Eagles.

When healthy, that is without question, the best defensive line in football. They have very fast young LBs, and one of the top 5 corners in football. Barring a stampede of injuries, the only defense that can touch them is Chicago.

Incorrect.

I'll take Carolina's DLine, Baltimore's DLine & New England's DLine over Atlanta's.

Isn't this Falcons team essentially the same team we basically gave the game to last year when we completely sucked, and still managed to be competitive with? Being third best in the NFC doesn't amount to much, and I think everyone is wrong with their predictions anyway. It's basically going to be the Eagles coming out of the NFC, with the Bears, Falcons and Panthers playing second fiddle, but it doesn't matter which of those teams is really #2. I like our chances against the NFC, except for the Eagles.

I'm not going to get into predictions and what-ifs, but this is not even close to the same defense.

1) Bryan Scott and Keion Carpenter were replaced with Lawyer Milloy and Chris Crocker

2) Two rookies rotating opposite of Kerney (only played a few series yesterday) were replaced with John Abraham

3) Chad Lavalamp was replaced with Grady Jackson

4) Jason Webster is healthy this year, with Kevin Mathis back from IR and Jimmy Williams in the mix to really boost the CB position

5) Young players like D. Hall (3rd year), Michael Boley (2nd year) and Demorrio Williams (3rd year) have another year of experience.

6) Ed Hartwell, our starting MLB, is still out, though.

It's hilarious seeing everyone cheering on Abe's injury, though. The man had 2 sacks, 2 FFs and 4 tackles for loss. It was a dumb coaching move to have him on the field with the game put away and only 1:52 left. I think it's just a groin strain and at most he'll miss a game, hopefully he'll be ready to go. Abe and Kerney think they'll both be playing Sunday. I know a lot of people on here are praying it's longer so they can somehow justify getting rid of him.

Whatever! I have to listen to this crap here in Atlanta now every day!

All the talk radio down here were on their knees for JA, wait until he decides he doesn't want to give it his all - WHICH WILL HAPPEN - and then the D will suck just as it always does -

Atl goes for names under Rich Mckay but doesn't get anything in return- Come on! Lawyer Milloy? How old is he? Also, they already paid big bucks last year for Ed Hartwell who was hurt and is hurt again this year

M Vick will never be a top qb and as he gets older even Ron Mexico won't be able to help him!!

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying they are Super Bowl bound. Michael Vick will never lead a team to anything significant.

124, you're nuts.

I'm nuts?

You're nuts. **** your man love for John Abraham and **** Atlanta. If you think they have the best DLine in the NFL then holy **** the best DLine in the NFL's standards have lowered. How the hell are they the best? Carolina ran the ball 16 times yesterday you can't really tell how good they are. Jake Delhomme was pressured, yes, but I guarentee you if Steve Smith was in there Carolina would've won the game because Atlanta's DLine isn't doing **** against screen passes to Smith and quick outs.

I'm nuts?

You're nuts. **** your man love for John Abraham and **** Atlanta. If you think they have the best DLine in the NFL then holy **** the best DLine in the NFL's standards have lowered. How the hell are they the best? Carolina ran the ball 16 times yesterday you can't really tell how good they are. Jake Delhomme was pressured, yes, but I guarentee you if Steve Smith was in there Carolina would've won the game because Atlanta's DLine isn't doing **** against screen passes to Smith and quick outs.

You put Carolina ahead of them.

Kris Jenkins makes Abe look like Brett Favre when it comes to getting hurt. Atlanta has three guys that are threats for 10+ sacks on that line, plus one of the five best run stopping tackles in football.

You also put Baltimore ahead of them. They are starting a rookie there. Granted, Ngata looked awesome yesterday and should be a beast for years, but he is still just a rookie. One game does not make him better than Rod Coleman or Grady Jackson.

New England? No one on that line not named Richard Seymour could even START for Atlanta.

If Grady Jackson is so great why did 31 other teams pass up on him in FA? ATL is the only team that wanted his sorry fat ass..

Because of his weight problem. IMO, that doesn't matter. His purpose is to stop the run. His mass and surprising quickness is what makes him a great player.

abe was impressive and his injury at the end of the game wasn't a stupid move. 1, kerney 1 of our 3 des got injured and 2, if he didn't get hurt, this wouldn't be an issue. as for our total defense. the scary part for the qbs we play is we got all that pressure without patrick kerney for the most part in the game. he playd less than 10 defensive snaps and our d line still dominated theirs.

Archived