Sean Ellis: Missing in Action

LionelRichie

Once Ellis recieved his big contract, I knew he would let up a bit. The only time he ever had a really good season was in his contract year.... DROB was benched today, and for good reason. This guy is most definatly gone after this season is over....as is Blaylock and Jmac.

Yeah, the writing is on the wall. Unless he's willing to play for league minimum.

i didn't think drob was that awful today, although the entire run defense stunk. my problem with ellis is that he is one of the highest paid DE's in the league and he can't get any pressure on the qb, none. with the jets up 15 and 2 minutes to go you have to be able to get some kind of rush without bringing rhodes on the safety blitz. if ellis is JAG then find someone who makes the league minimum and spend the $$ somewhere else.

i didn't think drob was that awful today, although the entire run defense stunk. my problem with ellis is that he is one of the highest paid DE's in the league and he can't get any pressure on the qb, none. with the jets up 15 and 2 minutes to go you have to be able to get some kind of rush without bringing rhodes on the safety blitz. if ellis is JAG then find someone who makes the league minimum and spend the $$ somewhere else.

Somebody like Bobby Hamilton? Parcells and his cronies have been bringing Bobby Hamilton in for this purpose for decades.

Ellis is far from the problem...he hustles and plays hard but when the NT does zip they all look like sh$t..focus your energy on #63 or the 3-4 defense

drob had been a major disappointment as a jet but right now he is being played out of position and isn't doing that poor of a job. up 15 w/2 minutes to go you would think that one of the highest paid DE's in the nfl would be able to muster any kind of rush at all.

the closest ellis has been to a QB all season is shaking hands after the game.

If not for Ellis, McGahee would have rushed for 200 yards.

His job in the 3-4 is not to pressure the QB. Its not the 4-3 where you can let these guys loose.

How many sacks does Seymour get a year? 5 or 6 if he's lucky.

Ellis has been good vs the run.

If he is only good at getting in the way so that someone ELSE can make the tackle, then why did we pay him all that money?

If not for Ellis, McGahee would have rushed for 200 yards.

His job in the 3-4 is not to pressure the QB. Its not the 4-3 where you can let these guys loose.

How many sacks does Seymour get a year? 5 or 6 if he's lucky.

Ellis has been good vs the run.

Dude, I told you that for MONTHS.

You still wanted to waste the 4th pick on Mario Williams.

Moral of the story? I am always right.

Archived