Mangini punished team by not throwing much late in game

SouthernJet

I think it was Manginis way of saying 'you guys suck'.

Down by 2 million points in 2nd half and Chad basically ran, ran, ran.

I think he was saying, we cant throw, so we might as well work on our crappy running game.

Very odd, down so many that we ran so much in middle of 3rd quarter on..

I hope to God he didnt give them Monday off, ala Herm.

who cares if the final score is 41 - 0 or 41 - 14? there's no difference in the standings

agree,, I am just saying that I think it was a statement to team,,

you cant throw to save your life today and we will work on stuff no matter how silly it looks

agree,, I am just saying that I think it was a statement to team,,

you cant throw to save your life today and we will work on stuff no matter how silly it looks

that's my theory too SJ-he said hey we lost this game anyway I wanna see if we can get this run blocking thing a little more cohesive-and we'll do it till we get it right-right out of my HS football Coach Gibble's playbook-his phrase was "do EET do eet" (eet=it)

Pure stupidity..punish the players by keeping the starters in risking them to get hurt in a meaningless game. No point proved here

if you looked a few starters were pulled,, but who cares,, if they play like crap they need to fix it, ,those starters MADE IT A MEANINGLESS GAME,, dont adopt the Herm philosopy of coddling these overpriced primadonnas..

only thing that motovates them sometimes is embarrasement..

Pure stupidity..punish the players by keeping the starters in risking them to get hurt in a meaningless game. No point proved here

hey 4H how about Del Rio leaving his starting QB in the whole game and actually throwing to the end zone up by 40-man I was hoping someone on Jacksonville would have gotten hurt-sorry I was-I'm only human I couldn't help it-if any of you say you weren't wishing the same you're a liar

I think the Jags acted classless and was hoping that someone would get hurt. But at the same time this is not a Herm philosophy..Chad had a lousy day and NOTHING was being established. Why not give Clemens reps? why still have Kendall in the game? this is not coddling this is called move on and get ready to win a division game the next week. Would be much harder to win that game if Chad was out.

I think the Jags acted classless and was hoping that someone would get hurt. But at the same time this is not a Herm philosophy..Chad had a lousy day and NOTHING was being established. Why not give Clemens reps? why still have Kendall in the game? this is not coddling this is called move on and get ready to win a division game the next week. Would be much harder to win that game if Chad was out.

sort of like sofla said,, for a while he wanted starters out there looking like clowns in a big defeat doing nothing but running,,

you know they were embarrased out there behind 34-0 running 3 yards and a cloud of dust plays,, they will remember that..

lets also hope the ygot of plane in NY and took a bus to Hempstead and ran sprints ala Bear Bryant

He wasn't "punishing" them. He was trying to establish some degree of a running game. It was a good time for it. A meaningless game, since it had already been decided and somewhat easier to run because the Jags are just trying to stop long passes. It kept the QB from being killed and gave a chance to see Washington warm up. Also shortens the game and keeps it from being 68-0. Besides they had no success passing and a little with Washington running.

He wasn't "punishing" them. He was trying to establish some degree of a running game. It was a good time for it. A meaningless game, since it had already been decided and somewhat easier to run because the Jags are just trying to stop long passes. It kept the QB from being killed and gave a chance to see Washington warm up. Also shortens the game and keeps it from being 68-0. Besides they had no success passing and a little with Washington running.

I know, but it very embarrassing for starters to not be throwing to catch up in a big lead,,

He worked on stuff but also made a point by leaving in starters,,

You dont usually 'work' on stuff with starters in a blowout..

I know, but it very embarrassing for starters to not be throwing to catch up in a big lead,,

He worked on stuff but also made a point by leaving in starters,,

You dont usually 'work' on stuff with starters in a blowout..

I agree it was embarrassing, but not as sad as that last pick Chad threw. The line has been too lame to sub out, they have to work together. Ramsey doesn't deserve to be in and I don't see any point in using too many backups on this team. He could have gone to Clemens sooner, but I think he was worried about the whole inactive, not able to use the other qb thing. I'd have put Clemens in one series sooner. Not a big deal from where I sit. To me they should have been embarrassed enough that not passing should be the least of their worries.

Sorry, not buying your theory. You don't really have any evidence for it, it's just an idea that popped into your head. So last week on 4th and 2, was he punishing Nugent for missing FGs a few weeks ago? C'mon man, he's doing what he needs to, he's not worrying about "punishing" anyone.

Sorry, not buying your theory. You don't really have any evidence for it, it's just an idea that popped into your head. So last week on 4th and 2, was he punishing Nugent for missing FGs a few weeks ago? C'mon man, he's doing what he needs to, he's not worrying about "punishing" anyone.

and what did he need to do?

I'm with 4H here, and I would have put Clemens in at the end of the third quarter.

If Clemens was the 3rd QB, he can't come in before the 4th quarter except in an injury situation. If you bring him in before that, he has to finish the game, the 1st 2 QBs can't come back in. I believe that's the rule.

If Clemens was the 3rd QB, he can't come in before the 4th quarter except in an injury situation. If you bring him in before that, he has to finish the game, the 1st 2 QBs can't come back in. I believe that's the rule.

How about we should've put Brad Smith in quarterback for the third quarter, and then Clemens the fourth. You never know, Brad could've been like lights out. :P

Archived