Gillette Stadium, WTF?

strange_andy

Just an observation from the Pats/Phins game yesterday: What was up with that 80 yard skid mark down the middle of the field? Is that intentional?

It had to have been the worst looking field I have ever seen; pee-wee, high school, college (I-III).

Why not start penalizing teams for field conditions.

Actually, Belichick is a slob on the field as well, so I guess the drummers are just following the drum major.

Just an observation from the Pats/Phins game yesterday: What was up with that 80 yard skid mark down the middle of the field? Is that intentional?

It had to have been the worst looking field I have ever seen; pee-wee, high school, college (I-III).

Actually, Belichick is a slob on the field as well, so I guess the drummers are just following the drum major.

Actually, if there was a playoff game to be played at Gillette, the NFL would require the field to be replaced.

I'm surprised they don't step in during the regular season as well.

Maybe BB is doing that on purpose. Kraft has the $$$ to replace the field 10 times over.

You never saw Giants Stadium during "the replaceable grass trays" years, between the "carpet" and the current FieldTurf?

THAT was the worst field in sports history.

You never saw Giants Stadium during "the replaceable grass trays" years, between the "carpet" and the current FieldTurf?

OH god.

Those were the freakin' years. That was the worst field I have ever saw in my 18 years of life. The field at our HS was better than that.

They put down a grass tray for soccer when Barcelona came to town. Ronaldinho didn't want to play on turf (I don't blame him, soccer is bad/dangerous on turf).

The league should almost mandate that if more than just 1 team's football games are played on the field that they have to use FieldTurf. It'll never happen, but that was one advancement that seems to be a keeper. Looks like grass, feels like grass, holds up like Astroturf. If you could smoke it, I would have it installed in my back yard.

I have heard that Veterans Stadium was pretty bad too.

That was the worst turf in the history of stadiums. I remember Wendell Davis of the Bears bowling out BOTH knees on the same play there.

Didn't the NFLPA make it an issue in one of the contact negotiations? I think I remember that, but I'm not 100% sure.

Archived