A look ahead: 2007 Offseason

Jetme23

Way early, I know. Still have 10 games left to play and all. But lets say the season ended today, and the draft was tommorrow. Who do you want the jets to take, or rather what position is the most obviously depleted?

If it was me, I throw all my chips at Adrian Peterson. hes a beast.

If Jets end the season with at least 10 wins then Jets have a good chance to get a lean DT to play 3-4 end for Jets.

If Jets finish the season as bottom 10 then Jets will need to sign a couple DL via free agency so Jets can pick the best available one on the board instead of being forced to select to fill in the void.

Pitco-k, Okam and Carriker may be better options for any selection AFTER top 10.

Dont forget that Jets are high on 2006 7th round DL who is currently in practice squad. Titus will be a solid 3-4 end when he is ready to play.

As for DT, Mosley could be a legit 3-4 nose within 2 years as Moore and Atf-j keep the position warm for 2 years unless Moore or Atf-j impresses Mangini.

We, Jet fans, should be patient with NT situation because Jets wont be ready to play 3-4 fully before 3rd year experience in 3-4. Vilma and Mosley may gain some weights as they learn how to play 3-4 in first 2 years.

I honestly really like Leon Washington starting and Barlow as a 3rd down / short yardage back. I think our most pressing need is a run-stopping NT. We are horrible against the run. And I do mean horrible. Although I do like what I have seen from Rashad Moore this year.

Washington looks good so far. Washington and Houston may solve the rb situation for next year and beyond that.. I like Houston to carry the load with Washington spelling in for change of pace or speedy attack.

I will say Houston probably carries at least 22 times and Washington does at least 15 carries per game.... 37 rushes per game if Jets control the game well. Good numbers.

Washington looks good so far. Washington and Houston may solve the rb situation for next year and beyond that.. I like Houston to carry the load with Washington spelling in for change of pace or speedy attack.

I will say Houston probably carries at least 22 times and Washington does at least 15 carries per game.... 37 rushes per game if Jets control the game well. Good numbers.

with houston getting healthy & our oline getting better, cedric & leon will be an explosive combo in the backfield. we are gonna get better as the season progresses.

I agree spjet. i'm looking no further ahead than sunday. will teague play?

the jets are gonna be a tough matchup for any team we face this year as we are definetly showing signs of improvement

Archived