The "No I didn't forget about POTW" Edition of POTW - October 25, 2006

GreenBeans

(NOTE: I didn't forget, I just had a minor issue to deal with at home and left work early today. Sorry to not have this always anticipated post in the books prior to my escape from work today.)

Welcome to POTW for this week kids - I'm the legume that gets to bring this to you each week, and even if the POTW under me has jumped the shark, you all still love it. Admit it to yourselves, people - winning POTW is better than winning the lottery - no taxes, lots of fame. You can't beat that, people.

Before we get started, how about a moment of silence for Tarheel head coach John Bunting - a great man, a terrible head football coach. Times up - bring on Butch Davis. Sorry Jetcane, once you leave you can never return - no Davis for you. :)

On to the candidates for this week - some good stuff below, hope you enjoy!

------

Originally Posted by afosomf

Chad's lack of ability puts a cramp on everything, opposing D's just box us in, which makes running the ball very difficult and his short passing game is just not effective.

-----

Originally Posted by SouthernJet

listen youngster,,

I MEANT arrogant to think the Jet fans didnt want to win the whole thing..

You talk to us like you invented football, you putz,,

I was around for Namath Super Bowl, so I know what its like to have a great team,,You act like you are the guide in Canton because RECENTLY you have had a great team,,Big deal, that doesnt annoint you as the sage of guidance to fans whose teams arent winning right now..

Thats what I meant as arrogant..

kids,,what a pain

(Editor's Note: Hey look, it's Grandpa SJ being cranky! :))

-----

Originally Posted by Boozer76

Ranked 24th in YPA. Also ranked 30th in comp percentage. Does he not even have the armstrength to connect on 5 yard swing routes?

Discuss

-----

Originally Posted by shutout

oh...When I saw the title of the thread,for some reason I read it as "Tx's first x rated dialogue"

Originally Posted by greengal

that would be something like...

"Oooooo loook at that 5 yd pass of pennys....ahhhhhh....ooooohhhhh...nuge missed a 19 yard fg with 5 secs left.... mmmm ...soo. ...close .......yes ...yes.... ohhhh is that dfat eaattting a cheeseburger...yesssssssss baby yessssssssssssssssssss ..........................!!!!!!!!!

hey mom!!!! could you throw a box of tissues down here in the basement"

(Editor's Note: This really ought to win something this week, but the mental image is too much for me to take. Thanks gg. ;))

-----

Originally Posted by Jetcane

Lots of fun! Some posters get off on being trolls, and some of us get off on slamming trolls. Everyone's idea of "fun" may not be the same.

Remember that computer game where you slam the mallet down on the gopher when he sticks his head up from his hole? That's fun, too. :D

Gophers=trolls

:mrgreen:

Originally Posted by The Big Green Douche

Maybe you just hit on something, they can remake the game with Mumbles popping in an attempt to steal another million dollars.

(Editor's Note: Nice, we have the return of "stealing from the dead" at JN!)

-----

(Topic: LETS GO METS)

Originally Posted by JonEJet

I believe in you guys!!

(Editor's Note: All Jets fans should buy an NFL team for JonEJinx - we'll never win anything with him as a fan. Voodoo on the Metropolitans is EXCELLENT, though! )

-----

(Topic: Just Believe)

Originally Posted by 124

It's not over.

Getting texts messages from my buddy whose a Cardinal fan ever since that HR that the Cards are going to the Series.

1st & 2nd, 0 out, Floyd up. It's not over.

-----

Originally Posted by Barton

(Topic: tick tick tick)

tick tick tick

..........hmmmmmmmm..............

yeaaaaaaaa. tick tick tick.

(Editor's Note: tick,,tick,,tick,,,,,)

-----

(Topic: Don't swallow Ocean water)

Originally Posted by Smizzy

On a side note...Maxman has been at the beach all day and won't get out of the water.

-----

(Topic: Don't swallow Ocean water)

Originally Posted by Brenjetsfan

a spitter's a quitter

(Editor's Note: THIS POST SHOULD WIN POTW EVERY WEEK. Max, however, tells me this debate should be left off the sportsspider newsfeed.)

-----

Originally Posted by G.O.B.

Hahaha

I'm ready to give some lucky lady the best 2 1/2 seconds of their life.

Originally Posted by JetFanByMarriage View Post

I was going to respond but max would kill me! LOL

-----

(Topic: Tiki Retiring)

Originally Posted by Max - for bitonti - from a long time ago - ehhh, whatever....

anyone else surprised by this? I think back to the time Bitonti said that he didn't want Vilma here. He made a comment -- something like he would rather have players doing coke off of strippers at halftime.

-----

(Topic: Great win, piss poor fan support)

Originally Posted by PatsFanTX

You forgot poor product on the field.

Originally Posted by jetophile

Weak. Hearing you spew is like hearing someone having their testicles shocked. You yell out the first thing that comes to your mind without wit, rhyme or reason.

-----

Originally Posted by Max

You beat who the put in front of you. That is the Jets new motto. It is a variation of the Pats old motto:

You beat who the refs let you beat.

-----

Originally Posted by BwanaZulia

If Saban leaves at the end of this year, the Dolphins are looking at a 2 year tailspin and crash.

BZ

Originally Posted by SouthernJet

crash in 2 years? what do you call this season? a Fender bender?

(Editor's Note: My dad's a TV repairman, he's got the ultimate set of tools. I can fix it....)

-----

Originally Posted by DW10

you guys kill me. You barely beat a horrible team in the Lions, which, btw, is all you can beat... horrible teams. Your QB has the weakest arm in the NFL. He's a joke. There's a long way to go. If we get rid of Saban and Mularkey TODAY, we have a chance at 10-6 and slipping into the playoffs. If we don't, then our season may be over. I said, "may" be over. Things aren't done yet. The only thing done is your QB's pathetic and laughable arm strength. You're going nowhere. Trust me. Penyboy can't beat good teams.

Originally Posted by joewilly

here's the deal dw10...... noodle arm penny doesn't have to beat any good teams and we still got a shot at the playoffs. you guys will be mathmatically eliminated in 2 weeks. we as jetfans will continue to suffer thru watching penny float the ball into the hands of jet wr's while joey rifles it into the breadbasket of the opposing teams

(Editor's Note: joewilly, it's not nice to pick on the mentally ill. Say you're sorry.)

-----

Originally Posted by Byrd#90

Being in England I often thought I should have chosen New England

all those years ago when it came to picking a team, but they had such a lame logo with that fat guy over the ball, I really could`nt stomach seeing them win another one, I have faith however this time next year, we`ll be ready and it`ll be a looooooooooong time before the pats get anywhere near the playoffs, but I`m english so what the hell do I know...

(Editor's Note: Pip pip, cheerio, Guv'nor)

-----

(Topic: TD/INT Ratio)

Originally Posted by GreenMachine

Chad Pennington: passer rating 91.3

Cindy: 86.9

Noodle Arms Longest pass completion : 71 yards

Cynthia: 35 yards

Discuss.

-----

(Topic: TD/INT Ratio)

Originally Posted by GreenMachine

Pennington 3 fumbles

Brady 5 fumbles.

I guess Brady has small, girly hands

-----

Originally Posted by JetFanByMarriage

Our 11 year old is going as the burger king king, our seven year old as a spider woman, and our three year old as either a cowboy with a horse or winnie the pooh. Max will be going as a straight guy! :)

(Editor's Note: As our readers in San Fransisco morn the passing...)

-----

the bottom line is that stats are for geeks & dickheads.

the good news is you are no geek tx ;)

(Editor's Note: Ouch!)

-----

(Topic: Is David Barrett on a milk carton yet?)

Originally Posted by Can't Hackett

There wasn't enough room on the milk carton. They had Kimo's picture on it for the past 7 weeks.

-----

(Topic: Ummm Max.....)

Originally Posted by SoFlaJets

where's our frickin Flag Girls pictures that you promised?

Originally Posted by NJ

He tried to scan 'em so he could put them on the site but they were all stuck together.

(Editor's Note: EEEEEEWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww)

-----

(Runner-up of the Week Sponsored by PatsFanTX)

(Topic: What are your kids dressing up as for Halloween?)

Mine are going as trolls.

(Editor's Note: Hat's off to TX finally coming out of the closet!)

-----

(Topic: What are your kids dressing up as for Halloween?)

Originally Posted by blackout806

just like their father?

Originally Posted by Alk

Gee, nothing gets by you does it quickdraw?

-----

Originally Posted by Dirtywater

Oh how cute!

Maybe some day, if you pray real hard, you'll get a Super Bowl trophy!

Originally Posted by Max

Please feel free to post any other suggestions.

Try finding a real NFL QB.

That would be a good start.

-----

Originally Posted by bitonti

there's a better chance that Chad keeps it up than Clemens becomes a franchise starting QB

Doesn't matter, you would leave before the game ended anyway!

(Editor's Note: ZIP! ZOP! ZING!)

-----

Originally Posted by blackout806

but all that matters is that we do enough to win 10 games and then we're in the playoffs and the REAL season starts

Good luck facing a 1-win team in the playoffs. ;)

(Editor's Note: Barton, TX needs to be the Dooshey for this comment right here...)

-----

(Topic: WTF, Jets-Browns NOT in HD This Week)

turns out the problem is that chads passes are already too crisp. high definition can add nothing to the sharpness of his throws so they decided to save the money

-----

Yea, it does kinda suck each year chalking up two automatic wins.

max how many jetfan members we got here. blow us all tx ;)

-----

Originally Posted by Max

HE named his penis Reggie? That is kind of cool actually.

Originally Posted by PFSIKH

Max what is yours named? Smizzy?

-----

Originally Posted by PFSIKH

Yeah, but you got Par$ells, Belichick, Curtis Martin and 4 years of Pete Carroll.

Originally Posted by Jet Moses

We gave you Mo Lewis hit on Bledsoe.

Top that!

-----

Good stuff, right? Now for the winner. This week's winning post was:

(Topic: before we put pennyboy out to pasture)

RING!! RING!!

TX: Hello?

BZ: Hey TX, thought I would catch you up on the NFL.

TX: Ok.

BZ: Yeah, did you see Chad beat the Miami Defense this last week? Yeah, they are ranked 4th in total defense. Just thought I would give you a call.

TX:

BZ: Not much to say?

TX:

BZ: Ok, well, enjoy your week.

BZ

BZ wins by popular vote - and the fact that this is a hysterical post. I'm violating a rule - sort of - i nthat I usually do not pick posts that are about a particular poster. TX, however, I'm sure will deal with it just fine. If not, Max can maybe chuck him a timeout. ;) Congrats, BZ - enjoy the week as reigning POTW winner.

And that's all I have for you guys today - sorry again that I was a late with this. See y'all next week - enjoy the games this weekend - and be nominatin'!

gb

I was happy to get two nominations this week.

I know that bob will not think they are funny but that is okay!;)

remember JFBM it's not about the award-it's about the nomination and for you TWO.Now I don't expect to EVER win this award Greenbeans has something against me and I want to know what it is...

LMAO. If he isnt winning with that one, he aint never winning.

g_davis2_il.jpg

Ya think he'd look good in Tar Heel blue?

If we can get this guy in green and orange, we'll all be happy...

a_chow_i.jpg

LMAO. If he isnt winning with that one, he aint never winning.

;)

g_davis2_il.jpg

Ya think he'd look good in Tar Heel blue?

If we can get this guy in green and orange, we'll all be happy...

a_chow_i.jpg

Davis would look great in Tarheel Blue. I know several women that will have his child if he's in 'heels gear this time next year. :) Old Norm would be a good fit at The U - he'd have a boatload of athletes to work with if nothing else. Who would he tap to be the DC, though - that would be the key to his success IMO.

remember JFBM it's not about the award-it's about the nomination and for you TWO.Now I don't expect to EVER win this award Greenbeans has something against me and I want to know what it is...

Wow, you and TX have something in common now, SoFlaJets: a persecution complex. ;)

;)

Davis would look great in Tarheel Blue. I know several women that will have his child if he's in 'heels gear this time next year. :) Old Norm would be a good fit at The U - he'd have a boatload of athletes to work with if nothing else. Who would he tap to be the DC, though - that would be the key to his success IMO.

Just as important is who Davis would hire as his OC.

And congrats to BZ for a well deserved win.

True enough - maybe he keeps Cignetti on from Bunting's staff. He's got a good rep from his previous job at Fresno State.

I was thinking Tim Walton, the current Miami dbs coach who was on saban's staff at LSU, might stay and pick up the DC job if he lucks out with the interview.

My bad, I'm incorrigible.

I'm going back to the lounge now to hear Verde talk about her breasts

I still wanna know what the pencil test is-I keep checking back too Jetcane-me and Tex have been feverishly PMing each other back and forth all day to see when it gets answered

I was happy to get two nominations this week.

I know that bob will not think they are funny but that is okay!;)

Oh, stop. You're plenty funny. It's just that the week you DID win, it was on a sub-par effort that won because GG was the judge and she hates men.

I was thinking Tim Walton, the current Miami dbs coach who was on saban's staff at LSU, might stay and pick up the DC job if he lucks out with the interview.

Could be a good choice, although I'd see him going after an SC assistant (not sure of any names, just a feeling)

Oh, stop. You're plenty funny. It's just that the week you DID win, it was on a sub-par effort that won because GG was the judge and she hates men.

not all men... just a few! sorry bob, you are in a small minority.

Archived