Jets vs. Bears - Amazing Story

meanandgreen

It's almost time. I'm driving up with my friend all the way from Virginia to go to this game. I'm a die-hard Jets fan, and he is a die-hard Bears fan. Should be amazing!

Ok, I need some advice. We're gonna make a weekend out of this. I need to know where to go party in NYC the night before the game, and where is goof food and a good hotel to crash at. We are 25 yrs old and want to make this trip a true experience.

Not only is this gooing to be a great game, but there is a much bigger story behind this journey of ours. My friend you see, was born with CF, a genetic lung-destroying disease. He waited 25+ years for a lung transplant to save his life...and he got his chance just in time. Before he went under the knife, I told him when he gets better I would take him to see his Bears play the Jets.

4 Months later, we are going. His double lung transplant was a success. If that's not a reason to celebrate I don't know what is.

So, please let us know the secrets to a good time in NYC and at the Jets game...it would be cool to tailgate with you guys as well if you are up for partying!

Thanks all.

Chris

It's almost time. I'm driving up with my friend all the way from Virginia to go to this game. I'm a die-hard Jets fan, and he is a die-hard Bears fan. Should be amazing!

Ok, I need some advice. We're gonna make a weekend out of this. I need to know where to go party in NYC the night before the game, and where is goof food and a good hotel to crash at. We are 25 yrs old and want to make this trip a true experience.

Not only is this gooing to be a great game, but there is a much bigger story behind this journey of ours. My friend you see, was born with CF, a genetic lung-destroying disease. He waited 25+ years for a lung transplant to save his life...and he got his chance just in time. Before he went under the knife, I told him when he gets better I would take him to see his Bears play the Jets.

4 Months later, we are going. His double lung transplant was a success. If that's not a reason to celebrate I don't know what is.

So, please let us know the secrets to a good time in NYC and at the Jets game...it would be cool to tailgate with you guys as well if you are up for partying!

Thanks all.

Chris

welcome to JetNation Chris and invite your friend to post as well-we all should be blessed with friends like you

man, you guys are great. i am shocked at the good response already.

it means alot more than football when you still have your friend alive after a surgery like that. he is an inspiration to all who know him, and he is also a badass fighting machine of a person. this is the kind of day/game that puts life into perspective. i love being a jets fan and great competitors like the bears make the game that much better

thanks everyone. you rock.

Thanks all.

Chris

Chris --

This is a great story. Even on the best days, football is just a game.

You and your friend are invited to tailgate with us at the Classic Harley tailgate. No charge (well maybe a small charge for the Bears fan, lol). Really though it is not the biggest tailgate going but we have a good time.

PM me and I can give you the details on where we are, etc. You should definitely hang out with us. Oh and they get there at midnight on most days. So that might solve your pre game party dilemna as well!

We fly up from FL for a game or 2 every year and often we stay in Jersey near the Meadowlands and take a bus into NY City to party. Unless you want to pay big bucks for a room, this is the way to go. We've stayed at the Crown Plaza, Meadowlands Plaza and Fairfield Inn near the stadium. THey were all fine.

Great story - I hope you and your friend have a fabulous trip.

P.S. We like hitting the Irish Pubs in the city and there's one on just about every corner.

Archived