my thoughts on the game...

gg

i figured with a title like that... some people would look ... just out of curiosity... "whoa is gg going to write something about fb?" :lol:

anyway... i was at the game and i had some thoughts... and yes they might have all been said in eaarier threaads by other posters but i dont have time to read through it all...

geeeeez it isnt like i am here 24/7! ;)

ok... to the game.

1. our defense looked good. although i wish they would have pressured rex somemore

2. chicago's offense sucks.. i really cant see them being SB champs with grossman as the QB... he is just awful.

3. the game came down to three plays... the onside kick, the long pass of grossman's to bradley ...and the int in the endzone...

4. that brings me to chad... i think he must be hurt... honestly he is not throwing like he did in the first 3 weeks... he is throwing like he did last year when he came back too soon. that being said... ramsey is NOT the answer...

5. it waas nice to see justin miller trying to get the crowd pumped up!

6. i like nugent...but it is now more then obvious that he cant get the job done... maybe if he had a pane of glass to break thru, it would help ;)

7. graham is amazing!!!!!!!! he is incredible! too bad the kicking motion is so different and he cant do kickoffs and fg's.

8. i wish i knew what all these guys favorite songs were! ( aactually not...but i had to do a silly lyrics based point )

ok thats it.... back to the lounge for me... ;)

Greengal- is right on I think with Nugent- the staff has no confidence in him to try a long field goal.

Also Grossman for much of the game looked terrible-I do not see him leading Bears to a championship no matter how good their defense can play.

Greengal- is right on I think with Nugent- the staff has no confidence in him to try a long field goal.

Also Grossman for much of the game looked terrible-I do not see him leading Bears to a championship no matter how good their defense can play.

we're the only team in the NFL that will not under any circumstances try a FG when we're at the 35 yard line-Nugent needs to be gone next summer if we can find a kicker with a stronger leg-or again like a lot of us have been saying use Graham on KOs and the longer FGs-he is a pro and learned what he had to about the nuances of being a punter in the league now if it takes him some summer schooling to learn more about the other parts I'm sure he'd do what it takes-for the team.

On Nugent.

You know what you want to be able to say to yourself when your team has the ball on opponents' 25 - 30?

Something like..."at least we're in field goal range and should come away with something"

I don't find myself thinking that until we're on the 10 -15.

Not good.

On Nugent.

You know what you want to be able to say to yourself when your team has the ball on opponents' 25 - 30?

Something like..."at least we're in field goal range and should come away with something"

I don't find myself thinking that until we're on the 10 -15.

Not good.

have to agree vD... he seems like a nice young man, but that jujst doesnt cut it on the field.

He seemed to be on the sideline alone most of the game. it didint seem as if they even consulted with him before making the decisions aboujt whether to go for the fg... it is just a given that a 49 is too much for him.

Archived