Is there a chance Vilma is gone after this season???

CoachTsurfing

I'm actually ok with it either way.

If some are so hell-bent on getting a Brady Quinn, then this is how you get him. You package a first-rounder you get for Vilma with our orig one. Vilma's clearly not a difference-maker in this defense but he could (or would) be elsewhere.

If we pick around 18-ish and pair that up with a pick around that same area of round 1, it would be enough to trade up into the top-5.

But I wouldn't part with our 1st, two 2nd's, and then-some for him.

Vilma's a terrific talent & exactly the type of smart player Mangini likes, but it's just tough to justify passing up on a first-round talent who would fit so we could watch Vilma being wasted as a sub-par or mediocre 3-4 ILB. Plus, Vilma has 2 years left here maximum. We aren't going to give him a blockbuster contract when his rookie deal is over.

I'm actually ok with it either way.

If some are so hell-bent on getting a Brady Quinn, then this is how you get him. You package a first-rounder you get for Vilma with our orig one. Vilma's clearly not a difference-maker in this defense but he could (or would) be elsewhere.

If we pick around 18-ish and pair that up with a pick around that same area of round 1, it would be enough to trade up into the top-5.

But I wouldn't part with our 1st, two 2nd's, and then-some for him.

Vilma's a terrific talent & exactly the type of smart player Mangini likes, but it's just tough to justify passing up on a first-round talent who would fit so we could watch Vilma being wasted as a sub-par or mediocre 3-4 ILB. Plus, Vilma has 2 years left here maximum. We aren't going to give him a blockbuster contract when his rookie deal is over.

Bingo. Vilma could be used as trade up package for Brady Quinn, if the Jets felt the need to make the trade up for him.

I think Vilma will definetly improve in the 3-4, but 3-4 ILBs can be taught. Our defense isnt even all that bad, and Vilma is frickin invisible out there.

Archived