1052 Yards to go... rooting for Brees

ECURB

Dan Marino - Most Passing Yards, Season: 5,084 in 1984

Drew Brees currently has 4,033

He needs 1,052 yards in his last 3 games to beat the record, you think Sean Payton will lean heavier on the pass and help coach Brees to beat Marinos record??? It would look good for both of their careers and would give yet another good comeback story for NO...

On the other hand a 350ish yards per game average isnt going to be easy for Brees...

They play

Washington

@Giants

Carolina

Im pulling for him, is anyone else here?

Dan Marino - Most Passing Yards, Season: 5,084 in 1984

Drew Brees currently has 4,033

He needs 1,052 yards in his last 3 games to beat the record, you think Sean Payton will lean heavier on the pass and help coach Brees to beat Marinos record??? It would look good for both of their careers and would give yet another good comeback story for NO...

On the other hand a 350ish yards per game average isnt going to be easy for Brees...

They play

Washington

@Giants

Carolina

Im pulling for him, is anyone else here?

I certainly would not count him out with the way he has thrown the ball this year! As far as pulling for him goes, I don't get that. I'm not taking any shots, but if he is not a Jet, I don't care about his stats. The Saints are a nice, feelgood story this year, but I could not care less. I guess it would be better for Brees to have that one over Marino, but dosen't matter all that much to me.

I dont like the Dolphins, I would love to see a Dolphin great have his record broken.

I like Brees too, never understood why SD always wanted him to fail and get out of there... oh well he is playing better than Rivers again... at least they made the right choice to dump Eli...

Chris Weinke just threw for over 400 yards against the Giants. Brees might be able to get half of that against the Giants' secondary :)

Plus, if I was someone on the Saints, I would still be fuming over having to play a "home" game at Giants' stadium last year, and come out looking to embarrass them in front of their fans :)

Archived