The Legend of Broadway Joe

JetCane

You know what was weird about this program? For 40 minutes it's all about Namath-then a little bit about George Sauer Jr and then it completely switches direction and starts doing features about Newport News HS football quarterbacks Aaron Brooks,Allen Iverson, and the Vick brothers WTF?

You know what was weird about this program? For 40 minutes it's all about Namath-then a little bit about George Sauer Jr and then it completely switches direction and starts doing features about Newport News HS football quarterbacks Aaron Brooks,Allen Iverson, and the Vick brothers WTF?

The part about Sauer was very interesting. He was one of my favorite players on that team (aside from Namath of course) along with Jim Hudson, who i thought was vastly underrated.

I was very disappointed when Sauer retired, and being a kid, I really didnt understand why. That was a good segment.

GeorgeSauer1968Topps270w.jpg

Thanks for the heads up on this.

For those that don't know, the NFL network on TW cable in NYC is channel 199. It's not high def. They are calling it the NFL "freeview," how creative - now just give me the damn channel already.

Interesting. Any bets that them showing a special on a NY Jets great at this time has anything to do with the NFL trying to push their network on TM full time now?

The part about Sauer was very interesting. He was one of my favorite players on that team (aside from Namath of course) along with Jim Hudson, who i thought was vastly underrated.

I was very disappointed when Sauer retired, and being a kid, I really didnt understand why. That was a good segment.

GeorgeSauer1968Topps270w.jpg

I always thought Sauer was the best WR in Jets history until Toon came along. Maynard was a great player but I always felt Sauer was a much more complete reciever.

Archived