Brickashaw's first half

lancemehl

was embarrassing.I know he's a rookie,but for the sake of discussion,He got punked in that first half.

He settled down eventually,but damn,no pass protection,no run blocking at all.

It'll be interesting to see what a year does for him and mangold.Year 2 is usually a breakout year.

was embarrassing.I know he's a rookie,but for the sake of discussion,He got punked in that first half.

It'll be interesting to see what a year does for him and mangold.Year 2 is usually a breakout year.

Are you talking about the first half of the season? Because I completely disagree. The best news is no news about offensive linemen. Ferguson gave up few sacks and only committed 1 penalty the whole year. The run blocking will improve as he gets bigger and plays with this line more.

Are you talking about the first half of the season? Because I completely disagree. The best news is no news about offensive linemen. Ferguson gave up few sacks and only committed 1 penalty the whole year. The run blocking will improve as he gets bigger and plays with this line more.

I think he meant of the game, and he didnt play great (in the beginning) but he picked it up and contributed after the half.

You gotta realize he's playing a 16 game schedule for the 1st time against stiffer competition than he has ever seen not to mention an additonal playoff game. Its a grueling position and his body needs to get adjusted to the longer season. Now that he has a year under his belt he will start picking up better off season techniques and will be able to prepare himself better now that he knows how it feels. I think both Mangold and Dbrick did great and will de even better next year.

No no no no.The first half of THE PATRIOT GAME.

He's been great for a rookie and more so Mangold.I mean he had a bad first half in Foxboro.The pocket collapsed every time Pennington dropped back and the run was being gobbled up at theline.

I think he meant of the game, and he didnt play great (in the beginning) but he picked it up and contributed after the half.

You gotta realize he's playing a 16 game schedule for the 1st time against stiffer competition than he has ever seen not to mention an additonal playoff game. Its a grueling position and his body needs to get adjusted to the longer season. Now that he has a year under his belt he will start picking up better off season techniques and will be able to prepare himself better now that he knows how it feels. I think both Mangold and Dbrick did great and will de even better next year.

bingo mo lew. great post. our o line is gonna be scary good for years to come. Mangini has already proved to us he understands the importance of shoring up the line. I hope we draft a rt & guard on day 1. I really do

That's what will usually happen when a rookie LT goes up against a 5-time Pro Bowl DE.

D'Brick will be fine.

All in all, he had a fine rookie season.

bingo mo lew. great post. our o line is gonna be scary good for years to come. Mangini has already proved to us he understands the importance of shoring up the line. I hope we draft a rt & guard on day 1. I really do

Me too. Once your O-line is set, you can bring in and exchange the skill positions fairly easily, and see if they're any good or not too. It'll also be set for a good part of the decade. Yes the defense needs upgrades, and I want it upgraded, but I'd rather set the offense for good now than set the defense and then have to change it in 3 years anyway. We want everything to be able to come together at once, that's how you win SBs.

Archived