My Thoughts On Chad Pennington

Smizzy

Chad Pennington is a good quarterback. If he can play with the lead and dink and dunk his way down the field he will pick you apart 8/10 times. That man is a leader and he is a very accurate qb.

The problem is he is useless without a lead or having to come from behind. The man does not have the arm strength to throw the ball down the field. Any DB worth his a NFL contract has plenty of time to knock down or intercept a chad Pennington pass over 25-30 yards. The man throws lame ducks. He does not have the ability to bring the Jets back from down 17 with his arm. That says a lot for a such a smart QB. If this kid had Carson Palmer's or Jay Cutler's arm....He would be top 5 QB in the league stats wise. But his arm just doest cut it. He runs this offense well. You are silly if you think he doesn't limit our offensive play calling or hinder our offense in any way.

The man got hurt and came back. I give him all the credit in the world for showing he is a warrior and capable of coming back. However his play on the field has shown me he is a guy who limits an offense and handcuffs offensive coordinators.

:character0255:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chad Pennington is a good quarterback. If he can play with the lead and dink and dunk his way down the field he will pick you apart 8/10 times. That man is a leader and he is a very accurate qb.

The problem is he is useless without a lead or having to come from behind. The man does not have the arm strength to throw the ball down the field. Any DB worth his a NFL contract has plenty of time to knock down or intercept a chad Pennington pass over 25-30 yards. The man throws lame ducks. He does not have the ability to bring the Jets back from down 17 with his arm. That says a lot for a such a smart QB. If this kid had Carson Palmer's or Jay Cutler's arm....He would be top 5 QB in the league stats wise. But his arm just doest cut it. He runs this offense well. You are silly if you think he doesn't limit our offensive play calling or hinder our offense in any way.

The man got hurt and came back. I give him all the credit in the world for showing he is a warrior and capable of coming back. However his play on the field has shown me he is a guy who limits an offense and handcuffs offensive coordinators.

all i can say is past performance is no indication of future returns...

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?p=513102#post513102

I will go out on a limb (maybe an oak branch) and say Chad will be a top five QB this year... not less than top 10... and i'm saying this perfectly sober and not drug induced.

if the jets have a weakness it's on the defensive side, which i don't think they did enough to upgrade. Ellis, Robertson and Vilma really need to produce and personally I'm skeptical. the whole coleman bowens haynes thing i have no confidence in until i see it happen (and if it works then Mangenious should be coach of the year). i'm also skeptical in revis and harris producing until maybe the end of the season. that could hurt.

whoever's knocking chad with comments like he needs a top defense to win, i'd like to know which QB has won the superbowl without a good defense. even the best QB in the NFL, peyton manning, couldn't win the big game without his defense playing on a high level. how many years has manning and brady played in the same system? how many has Chad?

'noff said.

Then we're going to need to draft or sign someone that can be a legitimate top QB in this league. Clemens can't even unseat Patrick Ramsey, I don't know how anyone can have faith in the guy.

Clemens can't beat out Patrick Ramsey. He can't even beat out a flat out scrub like Marques Toiletbowlsopo for the back-up spot. He's the next Brett Favre all right.

Clemens can't beat out Patrick Ramsey. He can't even beat out a flat out scrub like Marques Toiletbowlsopo for the back-up spot. He's the next Brett Favre all right.

Will Clemens be a bust? Maybe, maybe not.

But he's not a bust because he was the #3 his rookie year (he actually was put at #2 when our starting QB was floundering after losses to the browns and such). He was later put back to #3 as the playoff picture became more clear because you want your backup to be a veteran in case of an emergency with a potential playoff chance on the line.

You can look throughout history of very good to great QBs who were #3 QBs their rookie year. Its really silly to say Clemens cant beat out Ramsey, when Ramsey was cut so Clemens could take over the #2 spot in 2007 (he will, write it down). And its even sillier to say he's a bust because he was #3 his rookie year.

The kid needs to play before we judge him. Maybe thats just how I feel though.

Will Clemens be a bust? Maybe, maybe not.

But he's not a bust because he was the #3 his rookie year (he actually was put at #2 when our starting QB was floundering after losses to the browns and such). He was later put back to #3 as the playoff picture became more clear because you want your backup to be a veteran in case of an emergency with a potential playoff chance on the line.

You can look throughout history of very good to great QBs who were #3 QBs their rookie year. Its really silly to say Clemens cant beat out Ramsey, when Ramsey was cut so Clemens could take over the #2 spot in 2007 (he will, write it down). And its even sillier to say he's a bust because he was #3 his rookie year.

The kid needs to play before we judge him. Maybe thats just how I feel though.

Not being able to beat out Ramsey his rookie year is understandable, but if he can't beat out Tuaisosopo, a crap QB, his second year there is something wrong with him.

Archived