My Thoughts On Chad Pennington

Smizzy

LTBE incentives stands for likely to be earned incentives (I'm not talking down to you; this is in case you or others didn't know).

If incentives are LTBE they don't come "off" the cap at the start of the season, but the cap room for these incentives must be left there in the "likely" case that he reaches them.

So Chad had $6M in LTBE incentives. That means that the Jets had to keep their cap under $96M instead of $102M.

There are also UNLIKELY to be earned incentives as well. Let's say Tomlinson got a $10M bonus for 30 TD's in a season. Now THAT is pretty unlikely. But he DID it. So what happens? It comes off next year's cap.

Now what about LTBE incentives that aren't reached? The team gets a credit for next season. Basically it's looked at as the team was unnecessarily penalized with their cap the prior season. So if Chad didn't start 11 games or whatever it was, then we would've had an additional $6M on next year's cap.

got it.so Chad's "restructuring" saved us no cap $?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Smizzy I forgot to tape Palmer and Cutler's play-off game last w/end.....please advise if you have a copy.

We all know Chad's strengths and weaknesses but I guess until every board member starts a thread on them we will continue to discuss.

8 play-off QB's took the field last w/end....... Only Brady and Peyton played better then our guy so I am sure that sure fire QB upgrade many want is staring us in the face.

So I'm assuming in 1967 you would have prefered Pete Beathered over Joe Namath.

Chad Pennington is a good quarterback. If he can play with the lead and dink and dunk his way down the field he will pick you apart 8/10 times. That man is a leader and he is a very accurate qb.

The problem is he is useless without a lead or having to come from behind. The man does not have the arm strength to throw the ball down the field. Any DB worth his a NFL contract has plenty of time to knock down or intercept a chad Pennington pass over 25-30 yards. The man throws lame ducks. He does not have the ability to bring the Jets back from down 17 with his arm. That says a lot for a such a smart QB. If this kid had Carson Palmer's or Jay Cutler's arm....He would be top 5 QB in the league stats wise. But his arm just doest cut it. He runs this offense well. You are silly if you think he doesn't limit our offensive play calling or hinder our offense in any way.

The man got hurt and came back. I give him all the credit in the world for showing he is a warrior and capable of coming back. However his play on the field has shown me he is a guy who limits an offense and handcuffs offensive coordinators.

*whew* I'm sure glad we got that... I mean, I was waiting on pins and needles for this. Now, I can finally sleep at night ;)

Chad > Big Ben

and the steelers D got the job done, I think we can match last years steelers D with some holes filled this offseason...

Chad is NOT better than Big Ben, because Big Ben can actually make something happen whenever a play is busted. He also forces the defense to respect the deep ball, which in turn, helps the running game.

Everyone always talks about how the running game is no help to Chad. That goes both ways. His inability to stretch the field invites teams to put 8 men into the box. Our offense would have been deadly in 2004 if we had a QB that defenses respected.

Chad is NOT better than Big Ben, because Big Ben can actually make something happen whenever a play is busted. He also forces the defense to respect the deep ball, which in turn, helps the running game.

Everyone always talks about how the running game is no help to Chad. That goes both ways. His inability to stretch the field invites teams to put 8 men into the box. Our offense would have been deadly in 2004 if we had a QB that defenses respected.

Chad > Big Ben

Also, even when teams would drop 2 LB's in coverage and leave 6 guys in the box we STILL couldnt run...

Give Chad a running game and we go further next year.

Chad > Big Ben

and the steelers D got the job done, I think we can match last years steelers D with some holes filled this offseason...

Actually,I think Chad is better than Terry Bradshaw ever was..hands down..you just can't compare the 2..you're right ecurb!!Chad Pennington!!superstar!!:yahoo:

He's a GREAT QB!!You were right all along!!!:lol:

Chad > Big Ben

Also, even when teams would drop 2 LB's in coverage and leave 6 guys in the box we STILL couldnt run...

Give Chad a running game and we go further next year.

delusional:

Noun

1. a. The act or process of deluding. b. The state of being deluded. 2. A false belief or opinion: labored under the delusion that success was at hand. 3. Psychiatry A false belief strongly held in spite of invalidating evidence, especially as a symptom of mental illness: delusions of persecution.

Etymology

Middle English delusioun, from Latin d*l*si*, d*l*si*n-, from d*l*sus, past participle of d*l*dere, to delude ; see delude.

Other forms

de

Nice reply, when you run out of whitty responses on the topic thats what you revert to? Sad

So basically your trying to find a way to tell me that Chad WOULD NOT get better next year with a run game....

And your calling me delusional???

Actually,I think Chad is better than Terry Bradshaw ever was..hands down..you just can't compare the 2..you're right ecurb!!Chad Pennington!!superstar!!:yahoo:

He's a GREAT QB!!You were right all along!!!:lol:

I have made a conscious decision not to discuss Chad "HOF" Pennington with ecurb. I would suggest you follow my lead!

Nice reply, when you run out of whitty responses on the topic thats what you revert to? Sad

So basically your trying to find a way to tell me that Chad WOULD NOT get better next year with a run game....

I am calling you delusional for thinking that Chad Pennington is better than Ben Roethisberger.

And, of course, Chad would get better with a running game, but he is not going to get as good as we need him to be. Two years ago, he was handing off to the NFL's leading rusher and where did that get us? Sitting at home watching the inferior Ben Roethlisberger play in the AFC Championship game.

I have made a conscious decision not to discuss Chad "HOF" Pennington with ecurb. I would suggest you follow my lead!

I have come to the conclusion that it is impossible!!

Gainzo..you missed it last night..he started like 50 threads on Chad..the whole front 2 pages were loaded with ecurb threads about Chad..he would not be denied.:lol:

Gainzo..you missed it last night..he started like 50 threads on Chad..the whole front 2 pages were loaded with ecurb threads about Chad..he would not be denied.:lol:

Actually I proved in the lounge today most were about toher players... and most got a fair amount of replies....

I posted about relevant topics, most people liked it, you and troll dont...

Oh well I will take my 500000 posts a day, all the good rep I got and my POTW banner and laugh at you allll day long.... :)

Good idea Gainzo, we get along... a little more Chad talk and we might kill eachother... :)

You saw my post last night. I simply gave up and went to bed.

It's like arguing with a brickwall when you try to discuss Chad with ecurb.

The funny thing is I like ecurb. He is pretty normal when not discussing Chad :) .

Actually I proved in the lounge today most were about toher players... and most got a fair amount of replies....

I posted about relevant topics, most people liked it, you and troll dont...

Oh well I will take my 500000 posts a day, all the good rep I got and my POTW banner and laugh at you allll day long.... :)

Good idea Gainzo, we get along... a little more Chad talk and we might kill eachother... :)

ecurb..at least you can take some ball busting for all the maniacal Chad posting you do..it's all good!!:P

The funny thing is I like ecurb. He is pretty normal when not discussing Chad :) .

I guess you're right ;):P

This is kind of a little known fact/theory, but the Civil Rights movement probably would have gone nowhere without more militant people like Malcolm X. It takes that kind of extremism to force people to choose to negotiate in good faith, basically to actually work with a guy like MLK. madmike1 is the extremist, and as nutty as ecurb looks sometimes, he is pretty clearly not nearly as bad. So I look at ecurb and I don't really mind him that much myself. He stopped calling us haters at least, that really did get on my nerves before.

This is kind of a little known fact/theory, but the Civil Rights movement probably would have gone nowhere without more militant people like Malcolm X. It takes that kind of extremism to force people to choose to negotiate in good faith, basically to actually work with a guy like MLK. madmike1 is the extremist, and as nutty as ecurb looks sometimes, he is pretty clearly not nearly as bad. So I look at ecurb and I don't really mind him that much myself. He stopped calling us haters at least, that really did get on my nerves before.

Yeah, but Malcolm X and MLK had valid points!

Perhaps you should read "the future of Chad, Coles unceratain" thread and see where Chad himself states that he needs to improve to make his teammates better. You see its not just about improving everything for him, he understand that he needs to improve as well.

"Pennington, after his Comeback Player of the Year, 10-wins-and-the-playoffs season, said he didn't know if he proved to Mangini and general manager Mike Tannenbaum that he's the QB who could, some day soon, take them to the Super Bowl.

"My performance on the field over the last seven years speaks for itself and I feel confident in that. I think my teammates feel confident in that," he said. "How Coach sees that, how Mike sees that is up to them. They're going to do what is best for the organization, just like they did last year.

"I have to focus on me, on what I can do to make myself better, which in turn makes my teammates better when I step out on the field."

LOL yeah sorry about the "hater" thing...

I dont dislike anyone here, and Gainzo is one of the Best Pats fans I have ever spoken to. But "pretty normal" thats pushing it... Im far from normal.... lol

We all have different views on Chad, dont get mad at me for voicing mine (no matter how loud I am) its just as Valid as yours. Dont get all "TX" on me and start calling me delusional... ect.

Just dont reply to my Chad topics and I will be forced to talk about other players... ;)

just to add...

Troll, this is a message board for sharing thoughts, we can get along... Its really a matter of knowing its not changing eachothers minds on something, if we disagree, then we can agree to disagree... you can tell me how bad Chad is till your blue in the face and I will still say your wrong.

Troll, this is a message board for sharing thoughts, we can get along... Its really a matter of knowing its not changing eachothers minds on something, if we disagree, then we can agree to disagree... you can tell me how bad Chad is till your blue in the face and I will still say your wrong.

That's fine and good, but I am not one that makes the million Chad topics. If you don't wanna hear my opinions on Chad Pennington, then quit telling me how great you think is.

That's fine and good, but I am not one that makes the million Chad topics. If you don't wanna hear my opinions on Chad Pennington, then quit telling me how great you think is.

If you dont want to read it, do the following...

If you see a thread with these words anywhere in the title

Chad

Pennington

I love Chad (my personal fav)

Dont even look at them.....

Oh and by the way... this is Smizzy's thread...

Chad

Pennington

You are the one that gets upset when I talk about Chad. Why would I ignore Chad threads just to please YOU? You are not even making sense anymore.

You are the one that gets upset when I talk about Chad. Why would I ignore Chad threads just to please YOU? You are not even making sense anymore.

Why would I stop making them just to please you?

You get upset when I defend him.

Your not even making sense anymore...

Can we just end this? Its getting silly, I know both of us will want the last word but eventually one of us has to cave in.... :)

Chad

Pennington

Ohhh I see, so you've loosened up the straight jacket just enough to get your hands on a key board.

Hey am I the only one that thinks Chad's arm will be stronger next year then this year. Having had my share of knee ops I can tell you my knee was not as strong at month 12 as it was at month 24 or 36. Chad's a workhorse, I just feel he is going to get stonger in the next couple of years. Now he will never have a cannon, but if he can improve 15 20% he could be very good. Lets face it most QB's never reach his level of smarts stong arm or not, question we have to answer is can he be good with an avg arm?

Archived