Running Back or Nose Tackle?

lancemehl

Well, considering the nt class coming out this year it isn't very good. I would go running back it's a deeper class. However, if one of the first round nt that grades high slips take the nt, because you can still get a very good rb in the second. I actually would go cb or nt in the first depending on who slides and take the chance that bush is going to fall to the second. that being said, LOL, the combine makes or breaks guys so if bush has a great combine take him with our first if he is still there. get all that????

It has been proven over and over that you do not need to draft a running back in the first round- always go with the best available player but I want us to fortify our defense.

I agree with that,just look at all the first round busts and late round stars.The list is endless,that wasn't really my point though.I was just using the draft scenerio to ask the question.I guess the first one was better.

Again,you're right though,Terrell Davis comes to my mind,he was a 6th rounder i think.

Well, considering the nt class coming out this year it isn't very good. I would go running back it's a deeper class. However, if one of the first round nt that grades high slips take the nt, because you can still get a very good rb in the second. I actually would go cb or nt in the first depending on who slides and take the chance that bush is going to fall to the second. that being said, LOL, the combine makes or breaks guys so if bush has a great combine take him with our first if he is still there. get all that????

Got it and I agree.I wasn't necessarily asking about our draft,even though i did.lol

I think NT is a deeper concern because defense wins championships but I think we are better off with Robertson at NT and a starting calibear RB than Leon / Barlow / Houston and a steller NT, even though there's really no true NT out there besides Terdell Sands of Oakland. The ideal would be to get Michael Turner for our 1st round pick (or possibly aquire him in a trade) or trade up for Peterson or Lynch and sign Sands, then we'd be looking good.

6'7" is not true NT height - he's a better fit at 4-3 DT or 3-4 DE

I was trying to make that point yesterday... once he gets stood up he will be no good with that bad of leverage...

What exactly happened to Tui? Wasnt he a rookie?? How bad was the injury that he wont come back...

Also, is there anyone in the draft that is SURE FIRE better than Pouha and Drob and Moore? Otherwise why bother? Get other needs...

I think NT is a deeper concern because defense wins championships but I think we are better off with Robertson at NT and a starting calibear RB than Leon / Barlow / Houston and a steller NT, even though there's really no true NT out there besides Terdell Sands of Oakland. The ideal would be to get Michael Turner for our 1st round pick (or possibly aquire him in a trade) or trade up for Peterson or Lynch and sign Sands, then we'd be looking good.

All the FA NT's are either Old,small or both.Plus not many play in the 3-4.Hollis Thomas from NO has the most impressive #'s as far as size and tackles,but he's a 4-3 DT.I'll be watching him closely this weekend.

Alvin Mckinley from the Browns is a solid 3-4 DE,maybe D-Rob can beef up and McKinley replaces Kimo.

But,I'd get DT and ILB early in the draft,sign Musa Smith and draft one or two RB's later.(Musa wouldn't be too expensive,he hasn't played much but he's been good when he has.Between him and a couple roll of the dice we gotta find our guy)But what do i know?lol

This is gonna be real interesting!!!!

Archived