The Patriots fans

Scott Dierking

You people are so wrong it's comical.

Have you watched the Pats SB's?? The Pats are have always been "bullyish" Remember the flying eagle-T.O. - dance????

Funny thing is - if Jets players did the very same thing after an improbable win - many (not all) of you would revel in it and say San Diego "deserved" it for running their mouths.

'gimme a break already.

you may be right garb. some jet fans would most likely say it was ok for our jet players to dance on logo. that would make us biased of course. a fan of another team may look at the same dance as classless.

my direct question to you garb is this:was colvins dance on the bolts logo after the game a classless act or not ? please start with a yes or no, then defend or elaborate all you want, thanks

Class is class no matter who has it. The fact of the matter is that the dance in the middle of the field was classLESS. It's funny to see you compare the Pat's obnoxiousness this weekend to TO's!!!!! That's speaks volumes.

I meant that the Patriot Players were MIMICKING T.O's Eagle Dance after every touchdown and INT in that particular SB......an example of Pats players being "obnoxious" - perhaps I did not convey that message very well, or maybe a Jest fan wants to see a Pats fans post through green colored bias.....

I meant that the Patriot Players were MIMICKING T.O's Eagle Dance after every touchdown and INT in that particular SB......an example of Pats players being "obnoxious" - perhaps I did not convey that message very well, or maybe a Jest fan wants to see a Pats fans post through green colored bias.....

lol... probably a little of both.

you may be right garb. some jet fans would most likely say it was ok for our jet players to dance on logo. that would make us biased of course. a fan of another team may look at the same dance as classless.

my direct question to you garb is this:was colvins dance on the bolts logo after the game a classless act or not ? please start with a yes or no, then defend or elaborate all you want, thanks

It was certainly over the top - Hobbs and Wilfork partipipated as well. Classless? Too strong of a word for me. However, I am a Pats fan, so I have some bias here too. Disppointed, yes. That said - Colvin screaming "There's a power outage here! Lights Out!" while running through the tunnell did make me laugh. I'll admit that. Does that make me a bad person? I 'dunno...you tell me ;) I think it was retaliation - truth be told. Should they have retaliated? Not on the logo.....for some reason mid-field stadium logos are sacred. I suspect that if San Diego ever wins another game at Gillette (they play next year) there will be some kind of something going on at midfield after the game. Would I blame them? No. Although two wrongs do not make a right - human nature desires "revenge."

so, is what you are saying is that the pats have ALWAYS been classless? or at least since that superbowl?

so, is what you are saying is that the pats have ALWAYS been classless? or at least since that superbowl?

Mimicking TO's "Eagle dance" or Steve Smith "Muscle Man" or waving "terrible towels" (Pats have done all three of those things) aren't "classless" acts to me. It's rubbing it in. It's "showy." It's obnoxious. I suppose every celebration after a sack is stupid too, right?

I think too much is being made of this. I think every Jets fans hatred of the Pats perpetuates it. 'gotta hang your hat on something.

Mimicking TO's "Eagle dance" or Steve Smith "Muscle Man" or waving "terrible towels" (Pats have done all three of those things) aren't "classless" acts to me. It's rubbing it in. It's "showy." It's obnoxious. I suppose every celebration after a sack is stupid too, right?

I think too much is made is being made of this. I think every Jets fans hatred of the Pats perpetuates it. 'gotta hang your hat on something.

yes, every OVER THE TOP celebration after a sack is stupid too...pumping your fist or something is fine, but doing a fricken dance is dumb as hell.

and those acts aren't classy are they? i wouldn't say that mimicking dances or towel waving is classy...

and if they aren't classy...

that would make them classless.

I think too much is made is being made of this. I think every Jets fans hatred of the Pats perpetuates it. 'gotta hang your hat on something.

I don't think the Jets fans have anything to do with this. This went beyond a silly chant or waving towels. This was a giant FU to the Chargers and their fans. An FU well beyond the norm. It's why TO should have had his head handed to him after his little dance in the middle of the Dallas star.

It was certainly over the top - Hobbs and Wilfork partipipated as well. Classless? Too strong of a word for me. However, I am a Pats fan, so I have some bias here too. Disppointed, yes. That said - Colvin screaming "There's a power outage here! Lights Out!" while running through the tunnell did make me laugh. I'll admit that. Does that make me a bad person? I 'dunno...you tell me ;) I think it was retaliation - truth be told. Should they have retaliated? Not on the logo.....for some reason mid-field stadium logos are sacred. I suspect that if San Diego ever wins another game at Gillette (they play next year) there will be some kind of something going on at midfield after the game. Would I blame them? No. Although two wrongs do not make a right - human nature desires "revenge."

I had no problem with belly hugging his kids, I had no problem with any tunnell banter. they're happy, they're excited, they deserve to celebrate.

one more question for you. do you think TO's attempt to celebrate on the cowboys logo was classless?

I don't think the Jets fans have anything to do with this. This went beyond a silly chant or waving towels. This was a giant FU to the Chargers and their fans. An FU well beyond the norm. It's why TO should have had his head handed to him after his little dance in the middle of the Dallas star.

True. Is was a giant FU to the Chargers.

Kind of like when the Chargers left the field after beating the Pats at Gillette last year and shouting (several players) "PHUCK NE" to the fans.

Listen, I'm not saying is was right.....but I do think much more is being made of this then there should be. And please, being a Jest fan - you must relish in the "classless" angle. C'mon now....

I had no problem with belly hugging his kids, I had no problem with any tunnell banter. they're happy, they're excited, they deserve to celebrate.

one more question for you. do you think TO's attempt to celebrate on the cowboys logo was classless?

God no.....I hate the Cowboys! :)

I think players are animals, for the most part. They have a competitive spirit that you and I can't understand, I suspect. Endrenalin is flowing - fire coming out of their noses. In other words - some players act stupid.

I'll guarantee you one thing. You won't be seeing any excessive celebrations going forward.....either because they lose Sunday or because BB and the Captains (Brady, Bruschi, Brown, Seymour) won't let 'em.

True. Is was a giant FU to the Chargers.

Kind of like when the Chargers left the field after beating the Pats at Gillette last year and shouting (several players) "PHUCK NE" to the fans.

Listen, I'm not saying is was right.....but I do think much more is being made of this then there should be. And please, being a Jest fan - you must relish in the "classless" angle. C'mon now....

ahh...the grand ole, "well someone else started it" excuse.

so, because the chargers were classless in the past, that means that its ok for the pats to do something similar now? no, it is not, it just makes both acts classless.

Garb-Not directed at you, but there have been other Patriot fans on this board telling Lt to worry about his in house problem (Merriman and steroids) and not talk about what the Pats did.

That would be called deflecting the point to avoid another. "You hit my car." "Well, I don't like liver."

ahh...the grand ole, "well someone else started it" excuse.

so, because the chargers were classless in the past, that means that its ok for the pats to do something similar now? no, it is not, it just makes both acts classless.

Want to know something? Sure, the Pats shoudl have taken the high road. But I will be 100% honest here - I'm not so sure I would have. If I have to listen to crap all week....all game...all whatever......and I show you up.....shoot, I may have a few things to say too in the heat of the moment. I suspect many of us would.

One more thing. Where was the outrage after the terrible towels waving by the Pats after defeating Pitt? Where was teh outrage after the Muscle Poses in SB 38 or the outrage after the Eagle Dance in the last SB? LT says something after a loss and it's a free-for-all? It kind of smells, no?

Want to know something? Sure, the Pats shoudl have taken the high road. But I will be 100% honest here - I'm not so sure I would have. If I have to listen to crap all week....all game...all whatever......and I show you up.....shoot, I may have a few things to say too in the heat of the moment. I suspect many of us would.

thats fine, its your right to be classless if you want to.

Thank you! I think I'll go start a Brady is gay thread now.

ok? if you are insinuating that starting a brady is gay thread is classless, well, that is fine, i have never started one. i have also never stated that i am the classiest individual around. just that lt was right, those pat acts were classless.

ok? if you are insinuating that starting a brady is gay thread is classless, well, that is fine, i have never started one. i have also never stated that i am the classiest individual around. just that lt was right, those pat acts were classless.

It was a joke. Classless folks can joke, can't they? ;)

One more thing. Where was the outrage after the terrible towels waving by the Pats after defeating Pitt? Where was teh outrage after the Muscle Poses in SB 38 or the outrage after the Eagle Dance in the last SB? LT says something after a loss and it's a free-for-all? It kind of smells, no?

True, but how great would it have been if the Pats had gone into the week geting bashed by the classless Chargers, come away with a W, and left the field without being obnoxious? Think about it... it would be tough for anyone to say the Pats have no class and are a bunch of clowns (except BB... he would have been a classless clown with or without the antics). They would have been the team that no one really CAN hate. They were underdogs. Went into the game not falling into any verbal traps. Come away with a W. And left as class acts. OH how things would have been different.

As for the Jets... I can't think of anyone on the team that would be an ambarrassing role model. We have no TOs. We have no major ego issues. It's actually rare in the NFL. So when it comes to class... yes I'm going with the classy Jets angle. The fans? That's another story. Some of us are God awful.

espn's TMQ article

"The faces of the Chargers' players suggested they expected to win by 20 points, and when LaDainian Tomlinson scored to make it 21-13 with eight minutes to go, they decided to act as if they were ahead by 20 points. With eight minutes remaining, the Bolts were celebrating on the sidelines, and the clueless Schottenheimer did not tell them to get their heads back in the game. Schottenheimer was oblivious to the 16-ton weight about to be dropped on his head -- even though the opponent was the most efficient, unflappable team in NFL history! When New England's players saw some Chargers celebrating on the sidelines with eight minutes remaining as if it was already over, and realized the clueless Schottenheimer was oblivious, they smelled blood. I'll never forget the look on Michael Jordan's face when he saw Charles Barkley start to dance and clown around with a minute left in an NBA Finals game that Barkley thought Phoenix had already won. Jordan smelled blood, and a moment later the NBA crown was his."

Found this article to suit my agenda! LOL!!

It wasn't right. I agree. As stated before, I "understand" it. And, I repeat, I'm not so sure I wouldn't have done the same. Shame on me.

Archived