The Patriots fans

Scott Dierking

Condemnation and wanting to villify Merriman because he gets caught cheating by using the dreaded "roids".

Good God, no Patriot player would ever have done "roids" and cheated in that manner right? And they certainly would never knowingly bring in any cheater that would have used, correct?

Look no further than your punter. Maybe one of the biggest roid heads the game has known. And a knucklehead with a rap sheet to boot (pardon teh pun).

Get off the high horse and recognize the NFL for what it is. Your team is no different than any other, nor no cleaner. Your villification of Merriman, because he got caught is hypocritical.

Condemnation and wanting to villify Merriman because he gets caught cheating by using the dreaded "roids".

Good God, no Patriot player would ever have done "roids" and cheated in that manner right? And they certainly would never knowingly bring in any cheater that would have used, correct?

Look no further than your punter. Maybe one of the biggest roid heads the game has known. And a knucklehead with a rap sheet to boot (pardon teh pun).

Get off the high horse and recognize the NFL for what it is. Your team is no different than any other, nor no cleaner. Your villification of Merriman, because he got caught is hypocritical.

Who did that?

My guess is that almost every NFL player does things he should not. Think about it - you have three hundred pound linemen who have LB speed and necks the size Brooklyn. C'mon.....

aren't you just reinforcing his point?

I have no idea what you are talking about. I haven't said a word about Merriman and his steroid use. Maybe other Past fans have. I have not. I am just agreeing that Merriman's problem is that he got caught.

I know someone that used to play for the Giants - he was busted for Endephra????? I'm not even sure if it was an illegal substance - just frowned upon? Not sure. Anyway, - it was kept "in-house" - but his getting "caught" did manage to get him in the dog house.

:pats:

That is all.

I have no idea what you are talking about. I haven't said a word about Merriman and his steroid use....I am just agreeing that Merriman's problem is that he got caught.

I know someone that used to play for the Giants - he was busted for Endephra????? I'm not even sure if it was an illegal substance - just frowned upon? Not sure. Anyway, - it was kept "in-house" - but his getting "caught" did manage to get him in the dog house.

Garb-Not directed at you, but there have been other Patriot fans on this board telling Lt to worry about his in house problem (Merriman and steroids) and not talk about what the Pats did.

Well, the problem is everywhere. Should Colvin and co. been worrying about their steroid problem in house and not acting like freshmen on a date? Of course not.

I view LT's comments as fresh and candid and a rarity for sports today. Somebody actually spoke about what he felt like without a filter. It did not serve as a self serving agenda rant (like TO, etc), but was someone speaking from his heart about what he felt.

We should only be so lucky to see more of that from athletes.

I have no idea what you are talking about. I haven't said a word about Merriman and his steroid use. Maybe other Past fans have. I have not. I am just agreeing that Merriman's problem is that he got caught.

you say that your guess is that the majority of the players are doing something illegal, so wouldn't it be wrong of the pats to be hypocritical of one roider just because he got caught. i think so...

and if you agree, well then you are just reinforcing the original post.

you say that your guess is that the majority of the players are doing something illegal, so wouldn't it be wrong of the pats to be hypocritical of one roider just because he got caught. i think so...

and if you agree, well then you are just reinforcing the original post.

The post was referring to the "hypocricy" of Pats fans, I thought? I haven't heard any Patriot players comment on Merriman's roid use......they made fun of his dance by mimmicking it - Hobbs and Vrable, I believe. Colvin screaming "lights out" after the game. Lights Out being Merriman's nickname. No offense, but if you have a pep rally - and your main speaker is Merriman - and he's sportin' some Lights Out hairdo - and he says that he will punch Tom Brady in the face and then starts a "Brady Sucks" chant - well, after you do all that - some players may stick it in your face. It's real interesting to me that Merriman and Co can make fun of Chad Johnson and his speil- but I wonder if it would be okay the other way around? So, what is good for the goose is not good for the gander here? Wait - when the Chargers beat NE last year and the players screamed "phuck New England" to the fans - that's cool? It's ALL bull, if you ask me.

I'm not saying that what some of the Pats players did was right. I do however understand getting riled up and getting caught up in the emotion of the moment. Just like LT's comments - I don't think that was right either - but I understand the emotion behind it.

The post was referring to the "hypocricy" of Pats fans, I thought? I haven't heard any Patriot players comment on Merriman's roid use......they made fun of his dance by mimmicking it - Hobbs and Vrable, I believe. Colvin screaming "lights out" after the game. Lights Out being Merriman's nickname. No offense, but if you have a pep rally - and your main speaker is Merriman - and he's sportin' some Lights Out hairdo - and he says that he will punch Tom Brady in the face and then starts a "Brady Sucks" chant - well, after you do all that - some players may stick it in your face. It's real interesting to me that Merriman and Co can make fun of Chad Johnson and his speil- but I wonder if it would be okay the other way around? So, what is good for the goose is not good for the gander here? Wait - when the Chargers beat NE last year and the players screamed "phuck New England" to the fans - that's cool? It's ALL bull, if you ask me.

I'm not saying that what some of the Pats players did was right. I do however understand getting riled up and getting caught up in the emotion of the moment. Just like LT's comments - I don't think that was right either - but I understand the emotion behind it.

i guess you can't expect anything more from a pats fan :( sad sad human.

The GB fans have a tradition where they moon the opposing team's players. Randy Moss pantomimed doing the same thing to the fans, and got killed by the national media for it. The fans were not criticised.

Tom Brady refused to shake the Charger's hands last year. No one mentioned anything about it.

TO went to the Dallas star and celebrated, and was levelled by Teague, and then subsequently fined. Teague, if I recall, was not fined, and said he was protecting the home field. Nobody criticised Teague. TO had his share of supporters, and continues to have them.

Now LT, precisely because he is a nice guy, has people tearing him down. This is because human beings, for the most part, are absolutely terrible creatures. When they see someone who leads their life the right way, they become extremely jealous and there is an underlying hatred of that person. They can't justify criticizing him for being an upstanding person, because that is allegedly something they claim to aspire to be, and want their children to be like. But that is far from the truth, in reality, they are flawed, evil creatures, who can relate to the negatives of humanity. So when they see a jackass like TO or Romanowski, there will be no shortage of people defending these types of people, because they are closer to what most human beings are like. When they see a guy like LT react in a human way, far, far less than what the jackasses do on a regular basis, they will all immediately jump in to condemn him, gleefully, tearing him down.

LT should become an *******. He should talk trash non-stop, tell opposing teams and players that they can't stop him, say he is the greatest player that ever lived, and have TD celebrations. You know what would happen if he did that? You ****s on this board, and the dicks in the media, would all jump on his jock and talk about how he "backs up what he says" and he can "say it because it is the truth, he is the best." Then the type of behavior everyone loves would continue, everyone can go back to blaming everyone else and be happy, because everyone really is a schmuck. LT is going about life the wrong way, he's trying to be a good guy in a ****ed up society. I would love to say the Pats and their fans are at the bottom rung of society, but that isn't true at all, they're just the norm. Good work *******s, thanks for ruining a guy that was worthy of our respect.

The GB fans have a tradition where they moon the opposing team's players. Randy Moss pantomimed doing the same thing to the fans, and got killed by the national media for it. The fans were not criticised.

Tom Brady refused to shake the Charger's hands last year. No one mentioned anything about it.

TO went to the Dallas star and celebrated, and was levelled by Teague, and then subsequently fined. Teague, if I recall, was not fined, and said he was protecting the home field. Nobody criticised Teague. TO had his share of supporters, and continues to have them.

Now LT, precisely because he is a nice guy, has people tearing him down. This is because human beings, for the most part, are absolutely terrible creatures. When they see someone who leads their life the right way, they become extremely jealous and there is an underlying hatred of that person. They can't justify criticizing him for being an upstanding person, because that is allegedly something they claim to aspire to be, and want their children to be like. But that is far from the truth, in reality, they are flawed, evil creatures, who can relate to the negatives of humanity. So when they see a jackass like TO or Romanowski, there will be no shortage of people defending these types of people, because they are closer to what most human beings are like. When they see a guy like LT react in a human way, far, far less than what the jackasses do on a regular basis, they will all immediately jump in to condemn him, gleefully, tearing him down.

LT should become an *******. He should talk trash non-stop, tell opposing teams and players that they can't stop him, say he is the greatest player that ever lived, and have TD celebrations. You know what would happen if he did that? You ****s on this board, and the dicks in the media, would all jump on his jock and talk about how he "backs up what he says" and he can "say it because it is the truth, he is the best." Then the type of behavior everyone loves would continue, everyone can go back to blaming everyone else and be happy, because everyone really is a schmuck. LT is going about life the wrong way, he's trying to be a good guy in a ****ed up society. I would love to say the Pats and their fans are at the bottom rung of society, but that isn't true at all, they're just the norm. Good work *******s, thanks for ruining a guy that was worthy of our respect.

nice post.

And now we have a blood fued, this is from the San Diego Union Tribune:

Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers said he saw some Patriots pointing to the scoreboard, doing Merriman's “Lights Out” dance and stomping on the Chargers helmet logo at midfield.

“They won and they deserve a lot of credit,” Rivers said. “Personally I was disappointed in the way they handled winning. I mean, for as much as everybody said they expected them to win, they didn't act like it. But that's neither here nor there. They're playing next week and we're not.

“I think what got LT, and I was right there, was just a little of the taunting. Hey, celebrate – we'd have been sprinting on the field, too, I guarantee you. But it was a little finger pointing and I don't know where it came from.”

The teams will play in Foxboro next season, and Chargers linebacker Shaun Phillips said he can't wait.

“Every time I will play New England it will be a personal grudge,” Phillips said. “That was very classless. .utbullet.gif .utbullet.gif . When we went in and beat their head in New England (last season), blew them out (41-17), we did nothing but compliment them and say they were a good team. We would never disrespect a team like that. We have class, and that's how classless individuals are. Shaun Phillips will have a grudge against them the rest of his career.”

Added Phillips: “What it is, they didn't expect to win and they won, so they were excited.” The Patriots were not available to answer the Chargers' comments, although linebacker Rosevelt Colvin said San Diego's players “talked from the beginning to the end. We'll take the win.”

--------

When the Chargers blow the Pats out next year, and start stomping and celebrating mid-field, and Tom Brady whines like a little baby, I will bump this thread, and I better not hear any Pats fans complaining about the Chargers. You reap what you sow and all that. What a pathetic organization. The Chargers showed the Pats respect, and the Pats return it with this crap, and then make excuses and refuse to take accountability. You better believe every coach in the NFL is going to tell his team what happens if the Patriots win at your house now. You better believe the next time the Pats come to San Diego, I will do my best to get as many fans to be as hostile as possible. Pathetic.

That is funny. The Patriots' players recollection of that event is a little different. Chargers players walking off the field saying they beat their a$$ and similar things. Hmmmm.

The only problem with LT's comments is that they are not also directed at his own teamates also. Want to blast the Patriots after winning an emotional game. Fine and their is some truth to what he said. However, look at the players wearing the same uniform. They might have talked crap after the game was won, but they were not there acting an ass last weekend on a halftime show. Or at a pep rally. They ran their mouths all week. That is one thing the Patriots do not do.

But LT didn't say anything, yet the Patriots disrespected him and all of San Diego by stomping on the logo midfield. It's like if I was mugged by a black person, is it okay for me to then go out there and insult all black people because of what one person did? Obviously not. If the Patriots had a problem with Merriman and others, they should have said something TO HIM SPECIFICALLY, not disrespected all of the Chargers and all of San Diego. I'm incredulous at the fact that you INSIST on casting blame on LT, even though at least now you've backed off somewhat. It isn't LT's job to direct it towards his teammates, because he is responding to an act towards him and everyone else. Brady would defend his teammates for trash talk though, just as any good teammate should. You take care of these problems in house, behind closed doors, NOT in the public. I'm sure LT said something in the locker room afterwards, or maybe during the week, but once something is made public like what the Patriots did, then it's an insult to everyone on the Chargers and you don't focus on your teammates first. Again, I believe you guys are letting your homerism affect your thoughts. I know Alk and Garb get emotional after games, and I am sure you do too, so maybe now isn't the best time for you to have a final thought or comment on this. If the issue is still alive in a few weeks, then it's probably not a bad idea to revisit it, but who knows.

But LT didn't say anything, yet the Patriots disrespected him and all of San Diego by stomping on the logo midfield. It's like if I was mugged by a black person, is it okay for me to then go out there and insult all black people because of what one person did? Obviously not. If the Patriots had a problem with Merriman and others, they should have said something TO HIM SPECIFICALLY, not disrespected all of the Chargers and all of San Diego. I'm incredulous at the fact that you INSIST on casting blame on LT, even though at least now you've backed off somewhat. It isn't LT's job to direct it towards his teammates, because he is responding to an act towards him and everyone else. Brady would defend his teammates for trash talk though, just as any good teammate should. You take care of these problems in house, behind closed doors, NOT in the public. I'm sure LT said something in the locker room afterwards, or maybe during the week, but once something is made public like what the Patriots did, then it's an insult to everyone on the Chargers and you don't focus on your teammates first. Again, I believe you guys are letting your homerism affect your thoughts. I know Alk and Garb get emotional after games, and I am sure you do too, so maybe now isn't the best time for you to have a final thought or comment on this. If the issue is still alive in a few weeks, then it's probably not a bad idea to revisit it, but who knows.

First, I said last night I have no problem with what LT said.

Second, here is the problem. You want to blast the Patriots and one or two players for acting an ass. Fine. You want to blast the coach for allowing this behavior. Fine. There is nothing wrong with his thought process. However, what do they say about glass houses? It might not have been LT on a stage saying Brady sucks and saying he is going to pop him in the mouth, but it was a Charger and he is a Charger. It was also a Charger calling a Patriot and saying they are planning the parade and doing his 'lights-out' after knocking Brady down. Not sacking him, not even hitting him that hard, but knocking him down to the ground.

Again, if LT is going to blast the Patriots he needs to blast his team and coach for doing the same things the Patriots are getting killed for. Maybe if Schottenheimer checked his players and LT did the same, the Patriots are just celebrating an improbable win over a very good team.

First, I said last night I have no problem with what LT said.

Second, here is the problem. You want to blast the Patriots and one or two players for acting an ass. Fine. You want to blast the coach for allowing this behavior. Fine. There is nothing wrong with his thought process. However, what do they say about glass houses? It might not have been LT on a stage saying Brady sucks and saying he is going to pop him in the mouth, but it was a Charger and he is a Charger. It was also a Charger calling a Patriot and saying they are planning the parade and doing his 'lights-out' after knocking Brady down. Not sacking him, not even hitting him that hard, but knocking him down to the ground.

Again, if LT is going to blast the Patriots he needs to blast his team and coach for doing the same things the Patriots are getting killed for. Maybe if Schottenheimer checked his players and LT did the same, the Patriots are just celebrating an improbable win over a very good team.

maybe, but I think there's a difference between trashtalking leading up to a game & taunting after a game , especally on the midfield logo.

this was a hard fought emotional game & the bolts saw there season flushed down the toilet in the final seconds. all LT wanted at that moment was the darkness of the tunnel leading to the locker room. Pats danced on their grave & wouldn't let him alone.

maybe, but I think there's a difference between trashtalking leading up to a game & taunting after a game , especally on the midfield logo.

this was a hard fought emotional game & the bolts saw there season flushed down the toilet in the final seconds. all LT wanted at that moment was the darkness of the tunnel leading to the locker room. Pats danced on their grave & wouldn't let him alone.

You are talking semantics JW.

The Chargers reaped what Merriman sowed. Maybe, he should have displayed a little class and toned down his act upto and during the game. He did not and the Patriots responded after they won the game. They did their trash talking when there is no doubt.

BTW Reche and Hobbs restrained LT, not taunted him. As far as I know, no Patriot taunted him.

I think there's a difference between trashtalking leading up to a game & taunting after a game , especally on the midfield logo.

Agreed. I think it's a huge difference.

It is customary to shake hands and bury the hatchet once the final gun sounds. Most players seem to understand that the gamesmanship that goes on before and during the game comes to an end when the game is over. There is trash talk going on in every game, but but when it's over, the teams meet on the field and put it behind them. Stomping on the logo after the game almost never happens in the pros. NE effed up, and LT spoke his mind. But now he has to let it go, which I think he will do.

You are talking semantics JW.

The Chargers reaped what Merriman sowed. Maybe, he should have displayed a little class and toned down his act upto and during the game. He did not and the Patriots responded after they won the game. They did their trash talking when there is no doubt.

BTW Reche and Hobbs restrained LT, not taunted him. As far as I know, no Patriot taunted him.

you weren't watching very closely then.

Agreed. I think it's a huge difference.

It is customary to shake hands and bury the hatchet once the final gun sounds. Most players seem to understand that the gamesmanship that goes on before and during the game comes to an end when the game is over. There is trash talk going on in every game, but but when it's over, the teams meet on the field and put it behind them. Stomping on the logo after the game almost never happens in the pros. NE effed up, and LT spoke his mind. But now he has to let it go, which I think he will do.

good post jetcane. nice job of expanding on my comment. I have to agree that logo dance was just plain uncalled for as a payback for merrimans actions & words.

Seymore was all class leading up to the game in the interviews I saw. Brady & lots of players were not involved.

Even though it was a handful of players involved in the dance, I doubt a Bellichek coached team of earlier years would have allowed such a celebration

Has he changed?

good post jetcane. nice job of expanding on my comment. I have to agree that logo dance was just plain uncalled for as a payback for merrimans actions & words.

Seymore was all class leading up to the game in the interviews I saw. Brady & lots of players were not involved.

Even though it was a handful of players involved in the dance, I doubt a Bellichek coached team of earlier years would have allowed such a celebration

Has he changed?

You people are so wrong it's comical.

Have you watched the Pats SB's?? The Pats are have always been "bullyish" Remember the flying eagle-T.O. - dance????

Funny thing is - if Jets players did the very same thing after an improbable win - many (not all) of you would revel in it and say San Diego "deserved" it for running their mouths.

'gimme a break already.

You people are so wrong it's comical.

Have you watched the Pats SB's?? The Pats are have always been "bullyish" Remember the flying eagle-T.O. - dance????

Funny thing is - if Jets players did the very same thing after an improbable win - many (not all) of you would revel in it and say San Diego "deserved" it for running their mouths.

'gimme a break already.

Class is class no matter who has it. The fact of the matter is that the dance in the middle of the field was classLESS. It's funny to see you compare the Pat's obnoxiousness this weekend to TO's!!!!! That's speaks volumes.

Archived