Can Briggs play the 3-4?

4HCrew

I agree with you. Briggs is better than Urlacher, despite what the hype machine tells us.

He might be able to play in the 3-4, but at the money it will cost to get him, I don't want to take the chance.

I also agree that LB is better than Urlacher, but I would rather have Adalius Thomas...we all know he is a force in the 3-4.

word out of Baltimore is that Thomas will be franchised if they cannot reach a deal. With all of the schemes the Jets have I find it hard to believe they could not build a defense around the talent they have including Briggs. Hell with Vilma and Briggs could go back to the 4-3

Completely agree. I would rather have Thomas.

If he isn't available, I'd consider taking a shot with Briggs.

I read an article on A. Thomas that detailed how versatile a player he really is.

Ryan, the Ravens d. coordinator even had him lined up at corner, which he was succsesful doing.

He's the defeinition of striking gold on a tweener.

I'd love to see him come to New York.

Adalius Thomas is also 30 years old. No thanks.

If we were running the 4-3, sure, take a look at Briggs, but, Briggs did turn down monster money in Chicago so he's going to be getting one big time deal this off-season and I'm not ready to see Tangini give a guy whose played a 4-3 all his life a lucrative deal to play the 3-4 OLB role.

Archived