Vilma in 2007 - Predictions

ECURB

OK time to predict what kind of year he will have...

I say...

150 Tackles

4 Sacks

2 INTS

4 Forced Fumbles

and he will once again be the leader of our D and help us improve to a top 10 D in the 3-4 next year....

I have to see what the Jets do on the DLINE first. If we get a big fat fuk to go with Robertson, Ellis, Vilma will put up those numbers you suggested not to mention Thomas Barton ect. Numbers will grow as well.

Jon Vilma, until last year, hadnt ever played within a 3-4. Its a much different system and not ideally suited to his strengths as a player. But thats not to say he cant suceed within the system, it just takes time. He steadily imporved thoughout the year and I fully expect him to be the linebacker he has proven he can, and should, be. So, I would rather not attempt to quantify my hopes for him this season as I think it would be better to say that if he doesent have a big year I would be suprised.

Jon Vilma, until last year, hadnt ever played within a 3-4. Its a much different system and not ideally suited to his strengths as a player. But thats not to say he cant suceed within the system, it just takes time. He steadily imporved thoughout the year and I fully expect him to be the linebacker he has proven he can, and should, be. So, I would rather not attempt to quantify my hopes for him this season as I think it would be better to say that if he doesent have a big year I would be suprised.

Chicken! :)

OK time to predict what kind of year he will have...

I say...

150 Tackles

4 Sacks

2 INTS

4 Forced Fumbles

and he will once again be the leader of our D and help us improve to a top 10 D in the 3-4 next year....

Not only will Vilma get those numbers, he will be an all pro, annnnnnnnddddddd. On one or more of his tackles next year he will actually kill the ball carrier. He will hit him so hard his heart will stop for the first RB, and will colapse the lungs of the second.

The only reason i see his numbers being less than what you posted is because he will be spending multiple weekdays in court for the murders of Corey Dillon, and Michael Vick (QB turned RB).

Here are the numbers I expect Vilma to have next year:

Lead a Jets defense that is in the top 15 agains the run and the pass.

Lead a Jets defense that is in the top 15 in sacks and take aways.

Lead a Jets defense that contributes to a 10 win regular season and reaches the AFC championship game.

If the defense and the team put up those numbers then I could give a rats ass what his individual numbers are next season.

Here are the numbers I expect Vilma to have next year:

Lead a Jets defense that is in the top 15 agains the run and the pass.

Lead a Jets defense that is in the top 15 in sacks and take aways.

Lead a Jets defense that contributes to a 10 win regular season and reaches the AFC championship game.

If the defense and the team put up those numbers then I could give a rats ass what his individual numbers are next season.

Not a big stats guy myself especially on D it can be very misleading. As long as he isn't missing gimme sacks like he did in the playoffs I can't be more estatic to have him on the Jets.

Archived