NE makes another HUGE FA splash

Jetlag

I was watching Jets Nation a little while ago and both Ray and Buttle said Clemens will get another year in the system but when he takes over watch out-he can sling it

I can only hope they are wrong and Clemens takes over in 2007.

If his 1st game action isnt until 2000 facking 8, then we arent gonna make a run until 2010 at the earliest. That would suck.

Jets arent making the playoffs next year with either QB under center, there is absolutely no reason to start Pennington in 2007.

I was watching Jets Nation a little while ago and both Ray and Buttle said Clemens will get another year in the system but when he takes over watch out-he can sling it

Exactly.

Obviously Mangini & Co. are bringing Kellen along slowly but that's okay because this team wasn't and isn't posed for a Super Bowl run until at least 2008 or 2009 when Mangini got here and we all admitted that. Nobody here was talking Super Bowl next season until Novemer or December when the Jets were making their playoff run.

Whether it's Chad Pennington, Kellen Clemens, Peyton Manning, Joe Montana or Johnny Unitas under center in 2007 the New York Jets are not going to sniff the Super Bowl.

That being said, Kellen SHOULD be playing to he can be more accustomed to the offense and the personal when he takes over in 2008 or 2009, rather then have him come in then and struggle at that point. I don't see the reasoning in playing Pennington in 2007 but we'll see what happens.

Point is: the Jets were not ready for a SB run in 06, not ready in 07 and most likely not ready in 2008 either. Kellen Clemens will be the QB to take them there, not Chad Pennington and the sooner they delay the emergence of Clemens, the window of opportunity becomes even smaller.

I can only hope they are wrong and Clemens takes over in 2007.

If his 1st game action isnt until 2000 facking 8, then we arent gonna make a run until 2010 at the earliest. That would suck.

Jets arent making the playoffs next year with either QB under center, there is absolutely no reason to start Pennington in 2007.

So now we're punting 07?

hey here it is March 3rd and I'm going ON RECORD with my proclamation that the Jets WILL be in the hunt for the next SB in Arizona-Again-this is a funny game and there is no team out there head and shoulders above what we can be this year...anything can and usually DOES happen

So now we're punting 07?

You actually think we have a chance to win the superbowl in 2007?

Get real. Maybe that why we didnt sign a 30 yr old LB to a big contract, because by the time Clemens gets his chance and has enough experience if he pans out, Adalius will be 34 or 35.

The Jets wont spend big time on FA (who are on the wrong side of 30) until we get a long term solution at QB.

Deal with it.

You actually think we have a chance to win the superbowl in 2007?

Get real. Maybe that why we didnt sign a 30 yr old LB to a big contract, because by the time Clemens gets his chance and has enough experience if he pans out, Adalius will be 34 or 35.

The Jets wont spend big time on FA (who are on the wrong side of 30) until we get a long term solution at QB.

Deal with it.

Do we have a chance RIGHT NOW. Probably not.

If they would've signed Thomas + a few other role players and had a good draft? Yes/ There is no reason this team couldn't make a deep playoff run.

Do we have a chance RIGHT NOW. Probably not.

If they would've signed Thomas + a few other role players and had a good draft? Yes/ There is no reason this team couldn't make a deep playoff run.

Thats where I disagree.

We'll never make a deep playoff run with Chad Pennington.

The Jets will make their splash on draft day with young players. Not 30 yr old guys.

Thats where I disagree.

We'll never make a deep playoff run with Chad Pennington.

The Jets will make their splash on draft day with young players. Not 30 yr old guys.

Your blind chad hatred continues to be amazing. If the jets had built a great team here they would've made a playoff run with Chad or without chad.

And if this FO really felt that Chad had no future as the jets QB, Clemens would be the starter.

Your blind chad hatred continues to be amazing. If the jets had built a great team here they would've made a playoff run with Chad or without chad.

And if this FO really felt that Chad had no future as the jets QB, Clemens would be the starter.

Do we have a game this week, madmike?

There's no point in signing big time money FAs over 30, if we arent gonna win with the current QB we have. By the time we put in a new QB (hope its Clemens), those FAs we signed in 2007 that were 30, will be on their last legs.

I wanted Adalius Thomas too, but did I look at him as a long term answer? No, I though he'd give us 3 good years, and be a great player to have while we find a long term answer at the position.

If the FO thought Chad was the future and could win us a SB, we might have gone hard after guys like Adalius Thomas and Nate Clements..........

Archived