Coach K does his best Isiah impression

Matt39

And then, rather shamefully, Kryzyzewski fired a subtle but unmistakable shot right back at Roy Williams. After saying all the right things, he had to say one catty thing.

(There was only so much falling upon the sword K could tolerate, right there in the Dean Dome after getting his head handed to him. Taking the high road is always easier when you're beating Carolina on a regular basis, which Duke isn't doing anymore.)

"The game was over before that," he said. "I mean the outcome of the game, let's put it that way. That's unfortunate, too, that those people were in the game in that play. Maybe this wouldn't have happened."

So there. Hansbrough had it coming for playing mop-up minutes in a double-digit win.

For the record, Krzyzewski later said, "We should have probably both had our walk-ons in."

Also for the record, Krzyzewski was calling timeout with 50 seconds left and his team down by 13. So he clearly didn't think it was walk-on time at that point."

And then, rather shamefully, Kryzyzewski fired a subtle but unmistakable shot right back at Roy Williams. After saying all the right things, he had to say one catty thing.

(There was only so much falling upon the sword K could tolerate, right there in the Dean Dome after getting his head handed to him. Taking the high road is always easier when you're beating Carolina on a regular basis, which Duke isn't doing anymore.)

"The game was over before that," he said. "I mean the outcome of the game, let's put it that way. That's unfortunate, too, that those people were in the game in that play. Maybe this wouldn't have happened."

So there. Hansbrough had it coming for playing mop-up minutes in a double-digit win.

For the record, Krzyzewski later said, "We should have probably both had our walk-ons in."

Also for the record, Krzyzewski was calling timeout with 50 seconds left and his team down by 13. So he clearly didn't think it was walk-on time at that point."

In regards to your bolded quote:

http://www.carolinawatercooler.com/Unfortunate.html

This was typical duke class, just like last year when Dockery hit Tyler in the face in the last minute. K has this pristine reputaion tot he nat'l media but the real K is coming out. Anyone who follows ACC basketball knows who the treal K is- the guy who exiled Pete gaudet from men's CBB, the guy who lied to William Avery about his draft status to get him to return, the guy who scolded Mike dunleavey for leaving, the guy who makes every rumored early NBA entrant a Capatin to try to bring them back, they guy whop only looks out for himslef and never develops his players, the guy who started a walk on against Wake 2 years ago so he could foul Chris Paul(then came off the court to huge hugs from the rat), etc... I can't stand this man and hopefully thre Nat'l media will start writing facts about him so the Country can learn what a jerk this guy really is.

So what if both teams had their starters still in the game. UNC/Duke is a heated rivalry and you have to keep your guys in. None of that BS he said excuses him from the fact that a hard foul was committed that now has resulted in Hansbrough having a broken nose. Whether it was intentional or not doesn't matter, the end result is the same. Coach K and Duke should be embarrassed for what happened.

The fact that he puts blame on the teams for having their starters still in is yet another example of what an ass he is.

So what if both teams had their starters still in the game. UNC/Duke is a heated rivalry and you have to keep your guys in. None of that BS he said excuses him from the fact that a hard foul was committed that now has resulted in Hansbrough having a broken nose. Whether it was intentional or not doesn't matter, the end result is the same. Coach K and Duke should be embarrassed for what happened.

The fact that he puts blame on the teams for having their starters still in is yet another example of what an ass he is.

especially when the link I provided in my last post shows the starters he ahd on the floor at the buzzer in blowout wins. I am so sick of K and his phoniness.

Archived