Rangers / Islanders tonight

Ortmeyer was bound to have something coming to him for all the ridiculous boarding he's done the last two years, but gosh I didnt think he'd get THAT. Simon completely lost his noodle.

As for the review, i though the booth made the right call. That puck probably went in but it was not conclusive 100%. If the ref would have initially called it a goal the booth doesnt reverse it either.

Bottomline is the Islanders take way too many penalties and their PP is a pile of steaming dung. And thats a quick recipe for an early playoff exit. If they make it.

Ortmeyer was bound to have something coming to him for all the ridiculous boarding he's done the last two years, but gosh I didnt think he'd get THAT. Simon completely lost his noodle.

As for the review, i though the booth made the right call. That puck probably went in but it was not conclusive 100%. If the ref would have initially called it a goal the booth doesnt reverse it either.

Bottomline is the Islanders take way too many penalties and their PP is a pile of steaming dung. And thats a quick recipe for an early playoff exit. If they make it.

It was Hollweg who Simon hit, not Ortmeyer btw. And I haven't seen that no-goal call although I was listening to the radio at the time and it sounded like a pretty tough call. I guess it's just bad karma for the Islanders.

I don't know WHAT the refs were smoking. That was clearly a goal...

They got it right, the entire puck must cross the redline and in this case it didn't.

Isles deserve to lose anyway for what that moron did, he should not be allowed to play hockey again.

They got it right, the entire puck must cross the redline and in this case it didn't.

Isles deserve to lose anyway for what that moron did, he should not be allowed to play hockey again.

Look at the pic jetman posted. thats CLEARLY a goal.

Listen, Im not making excuses, If the Islanders capitalize on one of their PPs and dont take mindless penalty after penalty they come away with 1 or 2 points regardless.

BUT a retarded monkey can tell from the pic I posted above that the puck cleared the red line. I actually said after the game the booth made the right decision not overturning it because i didnt see any conclusive evidence. But taht pic is conclusive.

Just be objective Ranger fans and admit you got a gift. It was good karma for what after Simon did. Take the 2 points and run.

there is no way that was conclusively a goal to overturn the refs decision- anyone that thinks that is just hating on the Rangers. MSG showed so many different times and angles last night and all of them were inconclusive.

I'd be shocked if Simon doesn't get the rest of the season, including the playoffs. Then he is a FA, and in my mind has played his last game in the NHL. The guy has been suspended 5 times already, this is probably his 6th and final suspension.

As for his postgame comments, this clueless idiot actually apologized...TO HIS OWN TEAM!!! He said he was sorry that he cost his team the game for taking a penalty, he NEVER apologized for the assault he put on Hollweg with a stick to the jaw! He said he has to wait to talk to Colin Campbell before he comments on it?!?!? what a jackass!!

I'd be shocked if Simon doesn't get the rest of the season, including the playoffs. Then he is a FA, and in my mind has played his last game in the NHL. The guy has been suspended 5 times already, this is probably his 6th and final suspension.

As for his postgame comments, this clueless idiot actually apologized...TO HIS OWN TEAM!!! He said he was sorry that he cost his team the game for taking a penalty, he NEVER apologized for the assault he put on Hollweg with a stick to the jaw! He said he has to wait to talk to Colin Campbell before he comments on it?!?!? what a jackass!!

The guy is a true whack job. I never liked him, then begain to despise him when he was with the Rangers and he tried to start a fight with David Scatchard who was wearing a harness on his shoulder due to a shoulder separation. He started punching on a guy who was pretty much defenseless.

I tolerated him on teh Isles and he played very well for us this year and can still throw down, but i really hope he doesnt put on an Islander jersey ever again.

Simon is a douchebag.

Suspended for the remainder of the regular season and 7 playoff games.

In my mind, this is NOT enough. If the Islanders go onto play 8 playoff games (meaning they play in the 2nd round) he should not be allowed to play. However, you know his buddy coach will not do the right thing and bench him so now I will be cheering against the Islanders even harder to not make the playoffs.

Oh and...

2-0 Rangers, Mid 2nd.:yahoo::beer:

Haha. If you get up on the Pens, you better shut them out, cause after they score that next goal they're going to get their legs quick, and you'd better watch out.

they did the same thing to Ottawa earlier in the week. They were down 4-1 going into the 3rd on the road, and won 5-4 in a SO. They will be a very tough out in the playoffs.

need to beat Carolina today. I'm actually hoping Jagr is able to play, would love to see all 3 locals in the playoffs for a change

He is but he hasn't done jack ****. Of course he can miss the 3rd period & OT yesterday but he's back and ready to go today. Give me a break. He's a drama queen but the sad thing is we cannot win without him so we have to deal with it.

Archived