Quarterback Analysis

Cotch-Rocket

From what was made available to the public it sounded to me as if Chad was a major reason we won 10 games and made the playoffs last year.

Of course, that could just have been Mangini blowing smoke up our butts.

Well, Mangini and the coaching staff can tell me what I saw, or I can judge it myself.

I'm not questioning his leadership or character, if that is what you are insinuating was a major factor of Pennington's contribution. Too bad it doesn't take a good guy to win a Super Bowl, but a good quarterback.

There are a group of elite QB's whose physical talent allow them to make throws into the teeth of the D and complete passes. Chad certainly isn't one of those.

On the other hand, Chad can make plays with his brain that changes games. Problem is, we can't see it. Maybe, it doesn't really happen. On the other hand, we do see Chad step to the LOS and set the next play based on what he sees and feels happening on the field. At its best, this surpasses what a remotely position OC can do.

There are a lot of strong armed QB's who give points away by not thinking clearly. We saw some of this from VT during his tenure here.

I like Chad. He does a lot for the Jets. Yes, he needs a strong running game to be effective. But I would love to see him running the Schott O with a strong running game. His play calling and play action fakes will make life difficult for the D. In 2006, the D didn't have to respect those fakes. In 2007 (hopefully with a rebuilt OL), that may not be the case. If so, Chad will win some games for us, just not with a rifle arm.

There are a group of elite QB's whose physical talent allow them to make throws into the teeth of the D and complete passes. Chad certainly isn't one of those.

On the other hand, Chad can make plays with his brain that changes games. Problem is, we can't see it. Maybe, it doesn't really happen. On the other hand, we do see Chad step to the LOS and set the next play based on what he sees and feels happening on the field. At its best, this surpasses what a remotely position OC can do.

There are a lot of strong armed QB's who give points away by not thinking clearly. We saw some of this from VT during his tenure here.

I like Chad. He does a lot for the Jets. Yes, he needs a strong running game to be effective. But I would love to see him running the Schott O with a strong running game. His play calling and play action fakes will make life difficult for the D. In 2006, the D didn't have to respect those fakes. In 2007 (hopefully with a rebuilt OL), that may not be the case. If so, Chad will win some games for us, just not with a rifle arm.

Ladies and gentlemen allow me to introduce you to ecurb 2. Chad makes plays with his brain that change games and we cant see them and it doesnt really happen

What's the big deal about Clemens? Rivers and Big Ben made runs without any prior experience. So did Brady.

Exactly.

Have you ever seen so much arbitrary BS in all your life? "Well, see, uh... we have to get Clemens in their now, so that when the team is actually ready to "make a run", he'll be ready too..."

They all have a crystal ball; they know Chad can't get it done, they know the Jets aren't gonna win "more than 8 games" in 2007 with or without Chad, they know the Jets won't be "ready to compete" for a SB until 2009 or 2010 (or maybe it's 2011?)...

clemenade1.gif

Archived