NHL looking at C-SPAN as next network

SouthernJet

I could care less if other people watch hockey. Versus puts on a much better broadcast then ESPN ever did and for a hockey fan it's great.

possibly true. But if no one watches, it will eventually effect game. They need the ratings numbers more than they need a few extra bucks and a better broadcast that no one sees due to Versus's poor cable presence.

possibly true. But if no one watches, it will eventually effect game. They need the ratings numbers more than they need a few extra bucks and a better broadcast that no one sees due to Versus's poor cable presence.
It's not going to effect the game. The NHL has had piss poor ratings for a decade and the league isn't going under.

I could care less if other people watch hockey. Versus puts on a much better broadcast then ESPN ever did and for a hockey fan it's great.

It's not going to effect the game. The NHL has had piss poor ratings for a decade and the league isn't going under.

SJ is right, and the NHL isnt exactly doing great....

How will the bad ratings for hockey effect me? The answer is it won't.

Yes it will, it means less money, which means pissed of players and owners, which usually leads to bad things...

your crazy if you think a pro sports league doesnt need to be running healthy to be a good product...

Southern Jet is right on the money! There are a zillion cable stations and the NHL winds up on The Out Door Network, ie;Versus. Pathetic! Now, CNN2?

Bettman is a total ass! The product will never grow if no one is watching it!

Archived