albany conquest

jetsrule128

um the albany conquest are a pro team

Holy ..... LOL

Dude, please tell me you're a Ryan Hart fan and that's why you're interested in the Albany Conquest?????

So Mr. Reality TV fan, are you also a fan of that "hunky" carpenter, Ty Pennington from Extreme Makeover? I ask because, he and his crew, and their semis and equipment are in my town. A friend of our family has the great fortune ;) of being in the neighborhood their working in.

Would you like me to ask him to join your chat tomorrow night?

Holy ..... LOL

Dude, please tell me you're a Ryan Hart fan and that's why you're interested in the Albany Conquest?????

So Mr. Reality TV fan, are you also a fan of that "hunky" carpenter, Ty Pennington from Extreme Makeover? I ask because, he and his crew, and their semis and equipment are in my town. A friend of our family has the great fortune ;) of being in the neighborhood their working in.

Would you like me to ask him to join your chat tomorrow night?

How in the heck did this wind up in Basketball? The Conquest are a semi-pro girls lacrosse team.

They are an AFL2 Franchise, and are not too bad actually.

Yes, I agree. If winning, and, (and this is a huge problem here) fan base, are not important, then yeah, they aren't too bad.

I actually say the second part with a heavy heart. This area simply does not seem capable of supporting a semi-pro team of any sport.

Yes, I agree. If winning, and, (and this is a huge problem here) fan base, are not important, then yeah, they aren't too bad.

I actually say the second part with a heavy heart. This area simply does not seem capable of supporting a semi-pro team of any sport.

You still have the River Rats? How about AA baseball?

You still have the River Rats? How about AA baseball?

Yes, we have the River Rats and they seem to have a decent fan base. But it did come at the expense of the Adirondack Red Wings. The Red Wings were further north in Glens Falls, so I won't clump them in with the other "Capital Region" teams that have folded due to lack of fan base, but the inception of the River Rats drew from the Red Wing fan base, hence the Red Wings demise. And I have yet to see a Mario Lemeaux or his likeness on the River Rats.

We did have the Yankees, double A or triple A, at Heritage Park in Colonie for a few years. I think the only time the crowd was interested was when Ron Guidry, recovering from an injury, pitched one game.

That team left soon after, as well. The Diamond Dogs, a semi-pro team eventually replaced them to play at the stadium, but that too was short lived, (probably because of Bruno's team at HVCC dividing up an already small fan base) and now there is no baseball in Colonie. Just a bunch of politics on what to do with the land.

We had the Basketball Patroons, (who actually tried to make a comeback) unfortunately to not much interest.

We also had a semi-pro soccer, now gone.

Oh, and a semi-pro Lacrosse, that I'm not honestly sure if they are still here or not.

Archived