100+ Million for 92 MPH .. Another Irabu?

Green Jets & Ham

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually think Matsuzaka will be good. He's boston's best pitcher.

Then you've been fooled by the Boston/ESPN hype machine, cause this guy is a 120 Million bust waiting to happen .. the fastball was over-hyped and the Gyroball is a farce .. Just another Junkballer waiting to get his head handed to him

DICE-K <==== HA HA HA .. This is Gonna be funny :lol:

Any nickname with "K" in it is reserved for flame throwers, not some clown who tops out at 92 :rolleyes:

Then you've been fooled by the Boston/ESPN hype machine, cause this guy is a 120 Million bust waiting to happen .. the fastball was over-hyped and the Gyroball is a farce .. Just another Junkballer waiting to get his head handed to him

DICE-K <==== HA HA HA .. This is Gonna be funny :lol:

Any nickname with "K" in it is reserved for flame throwers, not some clown who tops out at 92 :rolleyes:

I thought he was going to be good WAY before he signed with boston. I'm not very prone to hype i can assure you.

I thought he was going to be good WAY before he signed with boston. I'm not very prone to hype i can assure you.

Why did you think he was going to be good before Boston signed him?

Did you see him pitch?

I rest my case, Mike .. you bought into the hype .. that old Japanese Nolan Ryan bull$hit

DICE-K = 120 MIllion Dollar Bust .. You heard it here first

The second I heard this guy tops out at 92 I knew it, I knew the sox had been sold a bill of good

This guy was supposed hit 100 on the gun, that was the hype, but the reality is a pedestrian fastball major league hitters will crush

This is going to be the most expensive bust in Red Sox history, 120 million clams down the tubes :lol:

Why did you think he was going to be good before Boston signed him?

Did you see him pitch?

I rest my case, Mike .. you bought into the hype .. that old Japanese Nolan Ryan bull$hit

DICE-K = 120 MIllion Dollar Bust .. You heard it here first

The second I heard this guy tops out at 92 I knew it, I knew the sox had been sold a bill of good :lol:

Uh yes i actually did see him pitch and I was following his career before you ever knew his name I can guarantee you. Your arguemnt that he will be a bust is based on nothing but velocity and thats a really bad argument...

Uh yes i actually did see him pitch and I was following his career before you ever knew his name I can guarantee you. Your arguemnt that he will be a bust is based on nothing but velocity and thats a really bad argument...

You saw him pitch in Japan?

What channel .. what channel do you watch Japenese baseball on?

You saw him pitch in Japan?

What channel .. what channel do you watch Japenese baseball on?

I saw him pitch in Japanese league games, I saw him pitch in the WBC, I saw his career stats and i knew what he was a long time before he was posted.

I saw him pitch in Japanese league games, I saw him pitch in the WBC and i knew what he was a long time before he was posted.

You lived in Japan?

Saw him while you were on vacation in Japan?

I'm just trying to understand how you are so familiar with this player, Mike .. can you be a little more specific?

You saw him once in the WBC .. When MLB Players were in full spring training mode

Okay, I'll buy that .. but how did you see him in Japan?

You lived in Japan?

Saw him while you were on vacation in Japan?

I'm just trying to understand how you are so familiar with this player, Mike .. can you be a little more specific?

You saw him once in the WBC .. When MLB Players were in full spring training mode

Okay, I'll buy that .. but how did you see him in Japan?

You hear of this newfangled invention called the "internet" it allows you to watch TV in other countries and Japan falls into that category...

You hear of this newfangled invention called the "internet" it allows you to watch TV in other countries and Japan falls into that category...

You actually scour the internet to watch Japanese baseball?

Are you a scout, or do you actually do this because you want too?

Is it free, or do you actually pay for this?

And can you give me the web address {right now}, just so I see what it's all about?

You actually scour the internet to watch Japanese baseball?

Are you a scout, or do you actually do this because you want too?

Is it free, or do you actually pay for this?

And can you give me the web address {right now}, just so I see what it's all about?

No i'm not a socut. I was interested in Matsuzaka so i did research without making stupid blanket statements based on one game where he threw 92 MPH.

If you want to see videos of him pitching in japan use google. They aren't hard to find if you're willing to take 5 mins...

No i'm not a socut. I was interested in Matsuzaka so i did research without making stupid blanket statements based on one game where he threw 92 MPH.

If you want to see videos of him pitching in japan use google. They aren't hard to find if you're willing to take 5 mins...

Actually I watch Japanese baseball too, all the time, on the internet {just like you} .. I didn't wanna bring that up, but now I have no choice .. and when I watched this guy I thought he would get killed in the states .. I'm not surprised to learn he tops out at 92, that was my impression when I watched him too, low 90's fastball that would get crushed in the states

BTW, I've seen him pitch at least 50 times, on the internet, just like you

I highly doubt you would be making some of the statements you have in this thread OR that you would call him a product of boston hype if you had seen him as much as you say you have or if you had really be following his career.

Well I highly doubt that you watch Japanese baseball on the internet, so that makes two of us :rolleyes:

Well I highly doubt that you watch Japanese baseball on the internet, so that makes two of us :rolleyes:

You'd be wrong. So i guess you're lying about seeing him on the internet huh? The bottom line is that you're making stupid statements about a guy you know nothing about based on spring training radar gun readings which couldn't be more moronic.

You'd be wrong. So i guess you're lying about seeing him on the internet huh? The bottom line is that you're making stupid statements about a guy you know nothing about based on spring training radar gun readings which couldn't be more moronic.

No I'm not lying, because any fool could see I was simply mocking you for being a bold faced liar by telling an even bigger whopper .. in other words, when you say you watch Japanese baseball on the internet, I think you're full of hooey .. I don't buy that crap for one second .. I think you're just a B.S. Artist

No I'm not lying, because any fool could see I was simply mocking you for being a bold faced liar by telling an even bigger whopper .. in other words, when you say you watch Japanese baseball on the internet, I think you're full of hooey .. I don't buy that crap for one second .. I think you're just a B.S. Artist
Well you're wrong. You think I would just defend a Boston player because i love the red sox so much? Your statements are so moronic and so out of the realm of reality that i felt the need to say something. I was following Matsuzaka because i wanted the YANKEES to sign him but unlike you I'm not a blind homer so i'm not going to change my opinion of him based on what uniform he's wearing.

Well you're wrong. You think I would just defend a Boston player because i love the red sox so much? Your statements are so moronic and so out of the realm of reality that i felt the need to say something. I was following Matsuzaka because i wanted the YANKEES to sign him but unlike you I'm not a blind homer so i'm not going to change my opinion of him based on what uniform he's wearing.

So why don't you share this vast wealth of Japanese baseball knowledge you seem to possess .. which other gems are just waiting to be plucked out of the Japanese leagues, oh Mr. Watcher of Japanese baseball on the internet .. can you name them quickly, RIGHT NOW, without looking it up?

Go ahead, name five .. you have one minute .. GO!! :lol:

So why don't you share this vast wealth of Japanese baseball knowledge you seem to possess .. which other gems are just waiting to be plucked out of the Japanese leagues, oh Mr. Watcher of Japanese baseball on the internet .. can you name them quickly, RIGHT NOW, without looking it up?

Go ahead, name five .. you have one minute .. GO!! :lol:

Good job there buddy. Change the subject because your statements about Matsuzaka have been proven moronic.

That was the topic, your whole argument was based on your viewing of Japanese baseball on the internet :rolleyes:, that was your whole lame argument, and you couldn't even name one much less five, which means you just got ...

EXPOSED :lol:

This thread was about YOU making retarded statements about Matsuzaka. I'm not going to, like a trained monkey list the names of other good Japanese players because you don't care about that. You don't care about having a real discussion about baseball you just want to keep repeating stupid crap about a player you know nothing about.

This thread was about YOU making retarded statements about Matsuzaka. I'm not going to, like a trained monkey list the names of other good Japanese players because you don't care about that. You don't care about having a real discussion about baseball you just want to keep repeating stupid crap about a player you know nothing about.

At least I don't lie to make my case, unless I'm just lying to be sarcastic, to mock you for being a bold faced liar, which has now be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, Mr. watcher of Japanese baseball on the internet :rolleyes:

At least I don't lie to make my case, unless I'm just lying to be sarcastic, to mock you for being a bold faced liar, which has now be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, Mr. watcher of Japanese baseball on the internet :rolleyes:
I'm not lying. I was the first person to bring up Matsuzaka on this board because when i'm interested in something I do some research, not just talk out of my a** like you.

The next graet japaneese player is a guy named Kaz Saito and hopefully the yankees will get him. But if not i'm sure you'll be the expert saying how horrible he is if another team were to sign him...

Yeah okay, now that you had enough time to search for it :lol:

But when I put you on the clock you paniced, you blinked, because you knew the gig was up, the sham was over, you had just been exposed as a fraud

But when I put you on the clock you paniced, you blinked, because you knew the gig was up, the sham was over, you had just been exposed as a fraud

http://jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19823&highlight=matsuzaka

Like I said I was the FIRST person to bring him up on this board.How did I know about him before everyone else? Because I do research. Not talk out of my ass like you.

Why the hell would i panic over your stupid little game. My posting track record proves i know what i'm talking about and that you are just being a homer and attacking a red sox player.

http://jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19823&highlight=matsuzaka

Like I said I was the FIRST person to bring him up on this board.

Okay, you knew the name, I admit the hype was out there, but that doesn't mean you saw him play

Why can't you just admit it, Mike .. why can't you just say you heard the hype and he sounded like a beast, so you wanted him for the Yankees .. SO DID I, FOR THE SAME REASON .. if you could just admit that there would be no argument, BUT NO, you have to take it the extra mile and insist you watch Japanese baseball on the internet .. common man, you don't really expect me to buy that .. but it's cool, I know sometimes we can take it too far when we want to win an argument, I won't hold that against you, unless you continue to sell that bill of goods .. just say I bought the hype like everyone else and it's a dead issue, you and a zillion others, including the suckers from Boston who shelled out 120 Million for this 92 MPH Japanese Nolan Ryan

Okay, you knew the name, I admit the hype was out there, but that doesn't mean you saw him play

Why can't you just admit it, Mike .. why can't you just say you heard the hype and he sounded like a beast, so you wanted him for the Yankees .. SO DID I, FOR THE SAME REASON .. if you could just admit that there would be no argument, BUT NO, you have to take the extra mile and insist you watch Japanese baseball on the internet .. common man, you don't really expect me to buy that .. but it's cool, I know sometimes we can take it too far when we want to win an argument, I won't hold that against you, unless you continue to sell that bill of goods .. just say I bought the hype like everyone else and it's a dead issue, you and a zillion others, including the suckers from Boston who shelled out 120 Million for this 92 MPH Japanese Nolan Ryan :lol:

No because thats not how i operate. I knew his name before ANYONE ELSE because i bothered to find out about the guy before i started talking out of my ass about him unlike you. One of the things involved with finding out about a player is wanting to see them pitch and since i have some research skills online it's really not hard to dig up videos of the guy throwing. It's friggen common sense. Why would i mention his name and say the yankees HAVE to get him if i knew nothing about him?

No because thats not how i operate. I knew his name before ANYONE ELSE because i bothered to find out about the guy before i started talking out of my ass about him unlike you. One of the things involved with finding out about a player is wanting to see them pitch and since i have some research skills online it's really not hard to dig up videos of the guy throwing. It's friggen common sense. Why would i mention his name and say the yankees HAVE to get him if i knew nothing about him?

BIG DEAL, you watched highlight video's of this guy strinking out other little Japenese guys, that's what highlight video's are for, to portray the player in a positive light, not to show guys taking him deep .. and that says nothing about how he'll pitch in the states .. I got news for you, Hideki Irabu "REALLY WAS" the Japanese Nolan Ryan when he was facing other little Japanese Guys, but in America he was just a Fat Pussie Toad who couldn't strikeout my @$$

So let me be clear, stop portraying this guy as Sandy Koufax, you'll thank me when he gets his @$$ handed too him, when that 92 MPH fastball is getting crushed

How bout we let this @$$wipe throw a pitch in the majors before we put him in Cooperstown?

BIG DEAL, you watched highlight video's of this guy strinking out other little Japenese guys, that's what highlight video's are for, to portray the player in a positive light, not to show guys taking him deep .. and that says nothing about how he'll pitch in the states .. I got news for you, Hideki Irabu "REALLY WAS" the Japanese Nolan Ryan when he was facing other little Japanese Guys, but in America he was just a Fat Pussie Toad who couldn't strikeout my @$$

So let me be clear, stop portraying this guy as Sandy Koufax, you'll thank me when he gets his @$$ handed too him, when that 92 MPH fastball is getting crushed

Wrong again. I wanted videos of FULL GAMES, I looked at his stats and read every scouting report I could find on him. I.E. I educated himself about him so i wouldn't make stupid statements comparing him to Irabu like you are. I guarantee if the yankees had signed him this thread wouldn't exist. You're just being a homer.

Archived