Michael Turner To Visit Buffalo Today-from Jetscentral

SoFlaJets

Uh oh-now THIS I do NOT want to see happen...

Posted on Wed, April 4, 2007 - 07:30AM by Gary Grund

Terry McCormick of the Nashville Tennessean reports that restricted free agent RB Michael Turner will visit with the Buffalo Bills today. With current Bills RB Anthony Thomas the most likely candidate to start the season in the backfield, you have to believe the Bills could make a strong push for Michael Turner.

The Bills will look to work out a trade with Chargers GM A.J. Smith who has lessened his demand of compensation in return for Ladanian Tomlinson's backup.

The Bills traded away their franchise RB Willis McGahee to the Baltimore Ravens in return for a 3rd and 7th round pick as well as a pick from the 2008 draft.

Michael Turner was tendered at the highest value, a 1st and 3rd round pick. The Chargers are not expected to see that happen with Turner yet to play as a full-time running back in the league.

...My opinion on Turner is still to unknown. I think he has the potential to be good, but I don't think he's capable of being an every down back yet, which makes me wonder if this trade would benefit the Jets if we face him or if it will hurt them. While Turner has shined as LT's backup, playing 20-25 downs a game could mean something else. I think I'd rather see him go elsewhere though, just to be safe. I'd much rather go into the season facing Anthony Thomas starting in the Bills backfield than Turner...

SFJ -

If Buffalo gets him, prepare yourself for endless, tiring threads in Sept-Oct about how we should have grabbed this guy when we had the chance.

Agree he's an unknown about carrying the load, and sat out a few games due to injury last season as a backup. He looked amazing when he was given whatever carries he was given. If he can stay healthy, he's a top-notch back.

But if Frank Gore was on the Chargers with LT the last 2 years everyone would be wondering if he could carry the load in the NFL also.

SFJ -

If Buffalo gets him, prepare yourself for endless, tiring threads in Sept-Oct about how we should have grabbed this guy when we had the chance.

Agree he's an unknown about carrying the load, and sat out a few games due to injury last season as a backup. He looked amazing when he was given whatever carries he was given. If he can stay healthy, he's a top-notch back.

But if Frank Gore was on the Chargers with LT the last 2 years everyone would be wondering if he could carry the load in the NFL also.

I just hope he doesn't end up in our division-I like it right now with what looks like to me,the Jets having perhaps the best running attack we've had since Freeman McNeil and Johnny Hector-and the best in the AFCE

I just hope he doesn't end up in our division-I like it right now with what looks like to me,the Jets having perhaps the best running attack we've had since Freeman McNeil and Johnny Hector-and the best in the AFCE

Not if Buffalo gets Turner, then WE'RE SCREWED BIG TIME!

Ok, I'll stop now. I'm actually nuts about the TJ acquisition simply because I keep running into Bears fans and when I mention that I'm a jets fan they immediately get this "you just took my favorite puppy and you're not giving him back" look. It's priceless, try it out.

Jones Washington and Houston=even better

I'm not banking on Houston being used much outside of, possibly, a goal-line/short yardage back. Anything we can get out of him will be gravy for our running game.

Then again, our strength at RB will be meaningless unless we get a mauling, run-blocking guard or 2 here to help out.

I'm not banking on Houston being used much outside of, possibly, a goal-line/short yardage back. Anything we can get out of him will be gravy for our running game.

Then again, our strength at RB will be meaningless unless we get a mauling, run-blocking guard or 2 here to help out.

well we got a true run blocking/leading FB now and a damn good #1 halfback-the OLine WILL be addressed on the 1st day I'm sure in 3 and 1/2 weeks

I guess the Buffalo visit is putting a fire to Floyd Reese's butt

Titans | Team ready to talk trade with Chargers for M. Turner

Wed, 4 Apr 2007 06:36:02 -0700

Teresa M. Walker, of The Associated Press, reports the Tennessee Titans remain interested in San Diego Chargers restricted free agent RB Michael Turner after meeting with him Monday, April 2, and have begun trade talks with the Chargers. "We've had some general discussions with Bus as far as compensation and with San Diego to see what they might want," Titans general manager Mike Reinfeldt said of Turner's agent, Bus Cook. "Everything is under discussion."

well we got a true run blocking/leading FB now and a damn good #1 halfback-the OLine WILL be addressed on the 1st day I'm sure in 3 and 1/2 weeks

Agreed. If 2 of our first 5 picks are used to find starters to replace Moore and Clement, I'll be very happy. Otherwise, we'll have to depend on June 1st cuts because there has been NOTHING out there on the free agent market.

Agreed. If 2 of our first 5 picks are used to find starters to replace Moore and Clement, I'll be very happy. Otherwise, we'll have to depend on June 1st cuts because there has been NOTHING out there on the free agent market.

BTW JF80 a belated happy birthday my young Jets brother

Archived