Just got a free ticket to NFL Players Gala

LionelRichie

so i just got back from the nfl players gala. i had the chance to meet chad pennington tonight. he has that awe shucks thing going wherever he is - i wonder if that is really who he is or if its just a public act.

do you think chadwick does the whole country boy routine at home with his wife?

anyways, i met chadwick and told him that I have been a huge jet fan all my life and all i want to see is 1 super bowl in my lifetime. to be honest, i really didn't like him - i don't know why but he the whole awe shucks thing just doesn't fly with me. other people were much more "real" - guys like brian mitchell, michael lewis, scott fugita - these guys seemed like real people and chad seemed like arod without the talent. every sentence was well thought out and every answer was what he thought people wanted to hear rather than his opinion.

on a positive note, the players who were honored at the event really are the good guys of the nfl. john lynch, jason taylor, and troy vincent were all very outspoken about the new player conduct policy. they are all for it and have no problem with the pacman suspension. jason taylor and scott fujita both have tv/movie careers ahead of them.

so i just got back from the nfl players gala. i had the chance to meet chad pennington tonight. he has that awe shucks thing going wherever he is - i wonder if that is really who he is or if its just a public act.

anyways, i met chadwick and told him that I have been a huge jet fan all my life and all i want to see is 1 super bowl in my lifetime. to be honest, i really didn't like him - i don't know why but he the whole awe shucks thing just doesn't fly with me. other people were much more "real" - guys like brian mitchell, michael lewis, scott fugita - these guys seemed like real people and chad seemed like arod without the talent. every sentence was well thought out and every answer was what he thought people wanted to hear rather than his opinion.

on a positive note, the players who were honored at the event really are the good guys of the nfl. john lynch, jason taylor, and troy vincent were all very outspoken about the new player conduct policy. they are all for it and have no problem with the pacman suspension. jason taylor and scott fujita both have tv/movie careers ahead of them.

Chads a educated person just how he is. But sounds like a great expierence you had. I much rather hear him talk then Kellen Winslow or Chad Johnson talk the whole football is the projects thing gets to me more then the simple Chad way.

Thanks for the recap. I'm sorry that Chad disappointed you. That sucks.

As much as I don't like Lynch and Taylor on the field I always had the utmost respect for them off the field.

So educated and well spoken = fake? and what thuggish and adopting a prison mentality = real?

saying what you think "people want to hear" and speaking from the heart. chad is absolutely a class act and he does a lot of good for the community. that doesn't mean that the things he says aren't scripted and robotic. sometimes it's nice to get a view into someone's thoughts rather than be limited to the "public persona".

guys like chadwick, a-rod (up until this season), kobe bryant - these guys always say the same scripted things. sometimes it's nice to see someone like charles barkley (or pete kendall on the jets) who has the balls to speak his mind.

saying what you think "people want to hear" and speaking from the heart. chad is absolutely a class act and he does a lot of good for the community. that doesn't mean that the things he says aren't scripted and robotic. sometimes it's nice to get a view into someone's thoughts rather than be limited to the "public persona".

guys like chadwick, a-rod (up until this season), kobe bryant - these guys always say the same scripted things. sometimes it's nice to see someone like charles barkley (or pete kendall on the jets) who has the balls to speak his mind.

Unfortunately in this day and age I think anyone in the spotlight has to be careful

with everything they say because every word is dissected.

Yeah ARod spoke his mind this year and was raked over the coals for it.

Even Chad a few years back said things about the media and they tore him apart.

I don't blame guys for scripting what they have to say.

Archived