Costanzo's Been on Fire

JetNation

This is the first of a four-part series on the four Jets participating in NFL Europa this spring. With this new-fangled Internet, word about an NFL team's draft choices not only gets around pretty quickly. It gets around the world very quickly.So it's no surprise that Rhein Fire linebacker Blake Costanzo got wind of the New York Jets' second-round selection of David Harris."Yeah,...

More...

This is the first of a four-part series on the four Jets participating in NFL Europa this spring. With this new-fangled Internet, word about an NFL team's draft choices not only gets around pretty quickly. It gets around the world very quickly.So it's no surprise that Rhein Fire linebacker Blake Costanzo got wind of the New York Jets' second-round selection of David Harris."Yeah,...

More...

Both he, and Jamie Thompson have lead their respective teams in tackles. I'm not sure about JT, but Costanza was considered a ST stand-out... I wouldn't mind making room for him on a crowded LB'ing roster, opposed to Thompson who's looking at some stiff competition at the safety spot.

Both he, and Jamie Thompson have lead their respective teams in tackles. I'm not sure about JT, but Costanza was considered a ST stand-out... I wouldn't mind making room for him on a crowded LB'ing roster, opposed to Thompson who's looking at some stiff competition at the safety spot.

the diff is thompson was on the 61 man roster last year and costanza was not

the diff is thompson was on the 61 man roster last year and costanza was not

also, Thompson had a really good preseason and played well for the Jets in his limited opportunities. Barring a major shift at SS Thompson will battle Leonard Peters for a roster spot behind Coleman and Smith.

also, Thompson had a really good preseason and played well for the Jets in his limited opportunities. Barring a major shift at SS Thompson will battle Leonard Peters for a roster spot behind Coleman and Smith.

Would Justin Miller at SS be considered a "major shift" cause I have an inkling that is what his true position should be.

Would Justin Miller at SS be considered a "major shift" cause I have an inkling that is what his true position should be.

Wow, never even thought of JM at safety, you're right he fits in better there!! He's hard hitting and fast...there's not much else you would need from a backup ss.

I'm not so sure about that. He's a sucker and takes bad angles. The things that make him a bad corner make him a bad safety. He hits well, but he doesn't wrap up and he's fairly small so he's not going to be any big help taking on blockers. Not a bad idea, but far from a guaranteed success.

Archived