Who would you start your NFL Franchise with? - ESPN.com

I can't believe none of the experts picked Tom Brady.

In inclement weather with the game on the line, Tom Brady is cash money.

It's almost like he wants the game to get close and that's when he plays his best. Some people crumble under pressure, Brady thrives under pressure.

I'll start my fictional NFL franchise with that guy and probably cross party lines to vote for him in politics. The guy is a first ballot HOF'er and in the prime of his career. He's got 3 rings!

Call me a traitor? so be it. Tom Brady is a scary guy to face with the game on the line, is that true or false Jets fans? He's the guy every spring every Jets fan secretly hopes goes down with an injury, and the maddening thing is he never ever does. If you made me bet that week 1 Tom Brady will be under center, that injury or circumstances would not stop him from playing, I could easily sleep at night with that bet, he's Tom friggin Brady. (Make that bet on Chad? anyone?)

has everyone forgotten that Tom Brady has made a deal with the devil himself?

RB Ladanian Tomlinson I could see as a viable pick. Merriman is nasty but could juice himself out of the league Mark Gastineau style. he's lightning in a bottle.

Payton won last year, ok great for him... he's still bitter beer face Payton Manning 9 times out of 10 against Brady.

Let me take this one step further, if and when Bellichek moves on from NE it will be to prove he can win without Brady (and Vinatieri) that he's better than his players. We shall see... I'll put my money on Brady, the guy knows how to win very big games.

Joe Theismann: Tom Brady, QB, Patriots

The guy I'd start my franchise with is Tom Brady for a number of reasons. The first reason is because he's still fairly young at 29 years old so he can lead a team for seven or eight years. Two, he has no baggage in terms of off-field issues. The third reason is because he's one of the best leaders in football. He's a guy who leads his team on and off the field. He's one of the first people in the morning meetings, always gives his all in the offseason and makes sure to put in the practice time with both the veterans and the younger players.

The final reason is probably the biggest. Brady is the type of guy you want to be the face of an organization. He's handsome, smart, talented and easily marketable

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2884722

Seneca Wallace is better than Vick. I would take Palmer, if Roethlisberger never crashed maybe him, but Drew Brees would make it in for me. Sure, New Orleans is probably a one-time Lifetime Channel kind-of story, but Drew Brees gets it done. Alex Smith should do better this year, so maybe he would fill out the bottom. For one-year, Peyton Manning. BLAH BLAH BLAH TOM BRADY IS SOOOO GREAT! Without Vinatieri, Tom Brady would be Jim Kelly and the Pats coaching was so much better than the rest of the league those years.

I agree.

It was awesome in those two Super Bowls whenever Adam Vinatieri marched the team downfield with under two minutes left and then kicked a game-winning field goal.

Archived