Wii for BZ?

BwanaZulia

I was at a friends house this weekend and literally had 5 minutes to play the Wii (boxing and tennis) against the wife. She loved it. I loved it.

So tell me, is it really that much fun? Anyone owned it for months and STILL playing?

BZ

BTW: I am not a gamer, just a geek but my friend (also a Jets fan) who had it is exactly the same but loves the Wii.

the Wii is a very fun system with easy access to non-gamers

some downsides to note:

-gotta have a large space with room to move around and probably a good flat screen for the sensor to balance off of.

-it has yet to be proven than anyone except nintendo can make good games for this sy

system.

i will probably get one but after the next generation of games come out and also i feel i need to re configure my family room before it can be wii friendly.

I am on the fence... it helps that they aren't exactly easy to find...

Every time I play I think I need one the next day... but I cant buy one because I wonder if I will play Wii Bowling for 2 hours and have just wasted $250 because I wont play it again...

Well, if you compare it to other things, $250 isn't that much.

$200 - 5 hour Jets game (park/food/tickets)

$220 - 2 hour broadway play

$22 - 2 hour movie

Hell, if you played it for 20 hours over a two year period it is only $12.5 an hour which is basically movie prices.

BZ

I was at a friends house this weekend and literally had 5 minutes to play the Wii (boxing and tennis) against the wife. She loved it. I loved it.

So tell me, is it really that much fun? Anyone owned it for months and STILL playing?

BZ

BTW: I am not a gamer, just a geek but my friend (also a Jets fan) who had it is exactly the same but loves the Wii.

We've had ours since Christmas. I absolutely love it.

There are a number of good games. I am hooked on the Tiger Woods golf game. There's a driving game that comes with a steering wheel that's good, and my kids like Call to Duty 3 a lot.

I always had trouble figuring out all the buttons on the previous controllers. The golf game you just step up and swing. Most of the games are like that, pretty intuitive.

Add in the fact that i'ts only 2/3 of the price of an XBOX, and I think it's definitely a great purchase.

I have had my Wii since Jan. I think the console is a good value, very fun. It seems to cater to all crowds, my Mom is 65 and enjoyed it when she came to visit, she would never touch a video game before that.

As for replay value, we still play Wii Sports often, the bowling is a blast and the beer is cheaper at home, still no 300 game though. :)

The system has a good amount of quality titles and many more on the way. $250.00 with a game is a steal.

• 2 weeks later...

I was pondering the same thing, I have 360 and I get kind of bored just sitting in the chair pressing buttons.

I want to be able to get up and virtually play the game, via the wii.

I'm strongly considering trading in my 360, (which will be about 290 dollars, and getting a wii and a game (maybe tiger woods)

I was pondering the same thing, I have 360 and I get kind of bored just sitting in the chair pressing buttons.

I want to be able to get up and virtually play the game, via the wii.

I'm strongly considering trading in my 360, (which will be about 290 dollars, and getting a wii and a game (maybe tiger woods)

EA nailed Madden, but Tiger Woods not so much, they still need to work out some kinks in the Tiger game, IMO Super Swing Golf is better.

If you can keep the 360 AND get a Wii, that's the best way to go. Then you have a power house and a pure fun machine.

Can't wait for Madden 08 Wii, online baby!

EA nailed Madden, but Tiger Woods not so much, they still need to work out some kinks in the Tiger game, IMO Super Swing Golf is better.

If you can keep the 360 AND get a Wii, that's the best way to go. Then you have a power house and a pure fun machine.

Can't wait for Madden 08 Wii, online baby!

Read this and you'll be really happy.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/795/795634p1.html

• 2 weeks later...
Well, if you compare it to other things, $250 isn't that much.

$200 - 5 hour Jets game (park/food/tickets)

$220 - 2 hour broadway play

$22 - 2 hour movie

Hell, if you played it for 20 hours over a two year period it is only $12.5 an hour which is basically movie prices.

BZ

B-day is next week so the wife has been trying to find one and initially told her to stop because I figured it would be too much of a hassle. But based on this analysis it's a no-brainer. Mr. Yamauchi, thank bz. :)

yes, I just plugged my own b-day.

B-day is next week so the wife has been trying to find one and initially told her to stop because I figured it would be too much of a hassle. But based on this analysis it's a no-brainer. Mr. Yamauchi, thank bz. :)

yes, I just plugged my own b-day.

Got mine from Circuit City (shipped). Retail price.

BZ

Archived