NFL | Morton knocked out in MMA debut, suspended by CSAC

Smizzy

NFL | Morton knocked out in MMA debut, suspended by CSAC

Sun, 3 Jun 2007 13:09:48 -0700

ESPN.com reports former NFL WR Johnnie Morton was knocked out 38 seconds into the first round of his debut Mixed Martial Arts match Saturday, June 2. H e was then suspended by the California State Athletic Commission after refusing to supply a urine sample for drug testing. The Los Angeles Times reported that Morton was not available to comment on the fight or the suspension.

:rl:

I dont know why "athletes" think they can try to fight in MMA. Someday these guys will realize that most of these fighters have been doing this since childhood. Its not something someone in their 30's can just decide to do and be successful at. It takes years of training to become good at this sport.

I dont know why "athletes" think they can try to fight in MMA. Someday these guys will realize that most of these fighters have been doing this since childhood. Its not something someone in their 30's can just decide to do and be successful at. It takes years of training to become good at this sport.

That's true, but OTOH, these guys have been working out on their bodies non-stop for 20 or so years and are probably at or near the top of their game physically. Also, I'm sure some have been training martial arts, judo or boxing since childhood as well. It's not so farfetched that they'll do well and the sport gets a "name" and a few people that wouldn't have watched otherwise check it out.

Archived