Knicks Rumors: Ron Artest &/or Rashard Lewis?

PeterNorth09

Isiah seems to be aggressively pursuing Rashard Lewis, and for good reason, the guy can play.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/basketball/317759_campbok30.html?source=mypi

Apparently the deal could end up being a sign and trade involving Jamal Crawford, Nate Robinson or Renaldo Balkman and this year's draft pick. There is also rumors that the Knicks are interested in Ron Artest, who the Kings are shopping. I would love to see either one of these guys on the Knicks next year and adding either of them with the other young players (Curry, Frye, Lee) developing would make this a playoff team.

Just one thing of caution, DO NOT TRADE CHANNING FRYE.

Isiah seems to be aggressively pursuing Rashard Lewis, and for good reason, the guy can play.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/basketball/317759_campbok30.html?source=mypi

Apparently the deal could end up being a sign and trade involving Jamal Crawford, Nate Robinson or Renaldo Balkman and this year's draft pick. There is also rumors that the Knicks are interested in Ron Artest, who the Kings are shopping. I would love to see either one of these guys on the Knicks next year and adding either of them with the other young players (Curry, Frye, Lee) developing would make this a playoff team.

Just one thing of caution, DO NOT TRADE CHANNING FRYE.

nothing like bringing in "king thug" to mentor the younger thugs.

Rasheed Wallace is five years older. Well past his prime. Unless you think he'd be a better thug mentor.

Rashard Lewis and Ron Artest never been on a winning team, why not take someone who's experienced enough and give him a chance ? He's also not going to ask for too much money if he's past his prime.

Rashard Lewis and Ron Artest never been on a winning team, why not take someone who's experienced enough and give him a chance ? He's also not going to ask for too much money if he's past his prime.

If they can get him on the cheap sure. I tend to think that Isiah isn't going to want to work with a strong willed veteran big man.

F Channing Frye. I would trade him for something. The one player you do not trade is David Lee.

Why this team can't simply just release Francis and go with:

PG - Marbury

SG - Crawford

SF - Lee

PF - Frye

C - Curry

is beyond me.

Lil' Nate, Q-Rich & a few big boys off the bench.

If the Knicks trade Channing Frye he will become an all-star. If he's such a stiff then why has every team that has discussed a trade with the Knicks for the past two years wanted this guy? Keep Frye and let him develop. Eddy Curry was nothing his first few years in the league.

I don't care if Artest is a thug. If anything the Knicks need a tough guy who won't back down from anyone and play some defense, two of Artest's strong points. As for the comments about Artest teams never winning anything, well if you mean championships then yes your right, but Artest did go to the playoffs several different times with the Pacers. Rashard Lewis went to the playoffs with the Sonics and it wasn't like he's ever played on a good team anyway.

Any moron could coach a team with a front line of Sheed and Curry to the playoffs in the east.

Think big! Eighth seed in the east is a huge accomplishment. Those extra 2 games while they are swept in the first round will electrify MSG. Just like they did against the Nets a few years ago. Yipee!

Think big! Eighth seed in the east is a huge accomplishment. Those extra 2 games while they are swept in the first round will electrify MSG. Just like they did against the Nets a few years ago. Yipee!

Thats better than winning 35 games... At least they would be semi watchable with sheed.

Thats better than winning 35 games... At least they would be semi watchable with sheed.

Sorry. I worked at MSG for over ten years. I left April '06 and the Knicks had been a joke for a couple of years already. It's tough to take the 8 seed seriously after years of deep playoff runs, but I could see how it would be a huge improvement over the current situation if I were forced to watch on a daily basis. Knicks should have hired Rod Thorn when they had the chance. I believe he was waiting for that job and I have faith in him.

I would love either Artest or Lewis but I wouldn't want to trade someone like Balkman. He's gonna be a great 6th man for us for years to come. I would love to get Sheed too. I remember Isiah pursued him heavily 3 years ago when he came here.

I wouldn't trade Balkman for Lewis but I want no part of Artest and I would trade anything the knicks have except maybe curry for sheed.

Archived