Thursday Player Interviews

JetNation

Transcripts of interviews with Chad Pennington and Jonathan Vilma following Thursday's morning minicamp practice: QB CHAD PENNINGTONOn his approach to the upcoming season ...For me, it’s about being available and making sure that I’m available for another 16 games. The only way I can do that is by taking it one game at a time and one day at a time. That’s my challenge, t...

More...

Chad playing in another 16 games this season would be a very good thing. Sorry to all the people who dislike him. But he gives them the best chance to win games this year!

over at JI they have about 100 pictures up from the mini camp Max-there's one shot of Chad stretching his right arm up while kneeling-he has bulked up-just like we've been saying he would with not having to be rehabbing all off season

over at JI they have about 100 pictures up from the mini camp Max-there's one shot of Chad stretching his right arm up while kneeling-he has bulked up-just like we've been saying he would with not having to be rehabbing all off season

Maybe Chad could play guard

I’m hoping Clemens beats out Chad in TC. I don’t think it will happen, but I would love having a QB better than Chad starting. Having Chad as a backup would get us great depth at QB. And it would help the Cap big time next year.

Hutch stated today that Clemens is in a battle with Tui for the 2nd spot; supposedly both looked good

http://www.nj.com/jets/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/1181881355275260.xml&coll=1

-- An interesting battle is shaping up for the backup quarterback job between second-year pro Kellen Clemens and free-agent signing Marques Tuiasosopo.

Each player threw the ball well in both sessions during the opening of yesterday's no-pads minicamp at Hofstra. Both displayed strong arms.

It was an especially good day for Clemens, who had looked sluggish in several organized team activities (OTA) that were open to the media the past two weeks.

Hutch stated today that Clemens is in a battle with Tui for the 2nd spot; supposedly both looked good

http://www.nj.com/jets/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/1181881355275260.xml&coll=1

-- An interesting battle is shaping up for the backup quarterback job between second-year pro Kellen Clemens and free-agent signing Marques Tuiasosopo.

Each player threw the ball well in both sessions during the opening of yesterday's no-pads minicamp at Hofstra. Both displayed strong arms.

It was an especially good day for Clemens, who had looked sluggish in several organized team activities (OTA) that were open to the media the past two weeks.

and this from the other day...

Will second-year QB Kellen Clemens solidify his hold on the backup job?

Clemens, a second-year pro and heir apparent to Chad Pennington, has been underwhelming during the off-season workouts and this is his last chance to leave a positive impression on the coaching staff.

LAST CHANCE....

and this from the other day...

Will second-year QB Kellen Clemens solidify his hold on the backup job?

Clemens, a second-year pro and heir apparent to Chad Pennington, has been underwhelming during the off-season workouts and this is his last chance to leave a positive impression on the coaching staff.

LAST CHANCE....

Last chance? In OTA's? Lets wait till TC at least :lol:

yea keep hoping on that one CH....Clemens is too small to be an effective starting QB for the New York Jets-there....I said it...

So is Drew Brees, who is SHORTER than Clemens, too small to be an effective QB for the Jets??? :rl:

So is Drew Brees, who is SHORTER than Clemens, too small to be an effective QB for the Jets??? :rl:

Im not bringing size into this as that is ridicoulous but Barton, Clemens isnt even the solidified backup yet. What in the Hell makes him a more suitable starter than Pennington.

How many years did it take Brees to be a good QB? How much of it was raw ability and how much of it was good coaching (some by our own OC)?

You seem to forget that MOST QB's the size of Brees/Clemens flat out FAIL at the next level... just keep that in mind...

Clemens might be great, he might suck too.

it's not only size it's also stature-he's too small-height and width
Actually I was on the sidelines for the Jets/Miami game last year and was standing in front of Kellen while he was warming up. I was very surprised, because he is not a small person. He is very thickly built and definitely looked the part. Whether or not he becomes a player remains to be seen, but I'm a big guy and I was quite surprised standing next to him....

Actually I was on the sidelines for the Jets/Miami game last year and was standing in front of Kellen while he was warming up. I was very surprised, because he is not a small person. He is very thickly built and definitely looked the part. Whether or not he becomes a player remains to be seen, but I'm a big guy and I was quite surprised standing next to him....

look baamf,I HOPE I'm wrong but I saw him close-up that night too and he was a lot smaller than Ramsey and Chad...I can see him being inactive half the season again this year

it's not only size it's also stature-he's too small-height and width

Width? He's stronger built than Chad.

And Joe Montana, the best QB ever some say, was about 6'1. Brees is 6'0 flat.

Clemens might bust, but it wont be because he is too short. Bottom line.

Width? He's stronger built than Chad.

And Joe Montana, the best QB ever some say, was about 6'1. Brees is 6'0 flat.

Clemens might bust, but it wont be because he is too short. Bottom line.

Being short might and most likely will have a lot to do with it though... you named two good short QB's.... ill bet the list of ****ty ones is a lot longer...

Just like Chad has to make up for his arm with other parts of his game, Kellen will need to make up for his height... if you think thats possible then you also need to understand its possible for Chad as well...

Archived