Rangers add two big free agents

lawngnome o-line

Rangers so far have had no problem opening their wallets to get big free agents.

They went out and got Chris Drury from Buffalo and Scott Gomez from the Devils. Not only did they get 2 of the top free agents on the market, they took them away from 2 big teams within their conference.

:sign0163:

85 million for 2 guys who avg 58 and 64 points a season? They REALLY overpaid and you build champions from the blue line out. The Strangers still have a mediocre defense.

As for the Devils, Lou is passed his prime. Him doing nothing to replace Gomez and Rafalski is a joke.

Dumb thing to say.

Never mind, look who i'm talking to. Mr. GM of every sport ever.

His horrible FA signing costs the Devils their first round pick and now he lowballs the team's no 1 center and best PP dman. Yeah he's great.

His horrible FA signing costs the Devils their first round pick and now he lowballs the team's no 1 center and best PP dman. Yeah he's great.

He's been one of the absolute, undisputed best front office men in ALL of sports for the last fifteen years. To say he's past his prime is asinine. For every bad FA signing Lou has made he's brought 5 good young players up.

He's been one of the absolute, undisputed best front office men in ALL of sports for the last fifteen years. To say he's past his prime is asinine. For every bad FA signing Lou has made he's brought 5 good young players up.
You know what really helps you get good young players? Giving away first round picks to get yourself out of HORRIBLE FA signings you've made.

I thought all Devils fans loved Scottie Gomez & Rafalski? Oh no, wait, Gomez signed with the Rangers so immediately he sucks, will do nothing and be gone in 2 years because of his bloated contract.

Riiight.

I thought all Devils fans loved Scottie Gomez & Rafalski? Oh no, wait, Gomez signed with the Rangers so immediately he sucks, will do nothing and be gone in 2 years because of his bloated contract.

Riiight.

The only thing that deserves a "Riiiight" here is the notion that you are actually in tune with what's going on with the Devils......or with hockey for that matter.

The only thing that deserves a "Riiiight" here is the notion that you are actually in tune with what's going on with the Devils......or with hockey for that matter.

I could care less on whats going on with the Devils. When it comes to Rangers, I'm very in tune. All I see from the Devils is them losing 2 of their better players, but, please, enlighten me as to what direction they're planning on going. You want Nylander? I'm sure if you sign him he'll be the next coming of Christ, right?:character42:

I could care less on whats going on with the Devils. When it comes to Rangers, I'm very in tune. All I see from the Devils is them losing 2 of their better players, but, please, enlighten me as to what direction they're planning on going. You want Nylander? I'm sure if you sign him he'll be the next coming of Christ, right?:character42:

The Devils don't normally go the overpriced FA style that the Rangers do.

Zach Parise and Travis Zajac will MORE than make up for the loss of Gomez.

Losing Rafalski is where the Devils have a problem.

I like Parise a lot, I think he'll do a decent job, Zajac I don't know too much about but I remember watching a few Devils games last year and hearing his name.

Rafalski will hurt the most, but I still think, until I see it, that the loss of Gomez will hurt, somewhat.

Rafalski was a turnover machine most of the year. They can replace him. It's the first line center who's 50 assists they can't replace.

Parise is going to be a star for a long time, and I'm a firm believer in Zajac to take over on the 2nd line.
Parise is great but that doesn't change that fact that they either have to move him to C (which kills the 2 line) or just not have a legit first line center. Either way it's not good.

The Rangers got two good players and hurt rivals in the conference in the process- a win -win situation.

agreed. Gomez will be awesome taking Nylander's spot playing along side Jagr. the loss of Gomez will hurt an already mediocre offense the Devils have, but losing their only puck handling defensmen that can score will hurt even more. lou thinks andy greene is ready to step into that role, I'm not so sure.

either way it is impossible to deny that yesterday was a great day for the Rangers and horrible days for the Devils and Isles. how it plays out over the winter we'll just have to see.

Damn what a couple of great signings by the Rangers, not only does it immediately improve their offense but it hurts two of the top teams in the conference.

Gomez may have only had 60 points last year but that is going to change now that he will be playing on a much more offensive minded team and will be playing on the same line as Jagr.

Man I cannot wait for hockey season now.

Remmber the Devils philophosy is never geared to one player scoring lots of points so Gomez or anyone else not having lots of points is really misleading on their overall play.

agreed. Gomez will be awesome taking Nylander's spot playing along side Jagr. the loss of Gomez will hurt an already mediocre offense the Devils have, but losing their only puck handling defensmen that can score will hurt even more. lou thinks andy greene is ready to step into that role, I'm not so sure.

either way it is impossible to deny that yesterday was a great day for the Rangers and horrible days for the Devils and Isles. how it plays out over the winter we'll just have to see.

if you think that Gomez is going to be a good wing you have another thing coming. The best part of his game is carrying the puck...

if you think that Gomez is going to be a good wing you have another thing coming. The best part of his game is carrying the puck...

where did I say he would be a good wing? he will center the Jagr line, and have a ridiculous amount of assists while Jagr racks up 40+ goals....and the best part of his game is passing and NOT finishing at the net!.

85 million for 2 guys who avg 58 and 64 points a season? They REALLY overpaid and you build champions from the blue line out. The Strangers still have a mediocre defense.

As for the Devils, Lou is passed his prime. Him doing nothing to replace Gomez and Rafalski is a joke.

And you were in heaven over Zubrus signing with NJ. Who the Sabres made NO attempt at resigning. :rl:Sounds like sour grapes Mike.

And you were in heaven over Zubrus signing with NJ. Who the Sabres made NO attempt at resigning. :rl:Sounds like sour grapes Mike.

The Sabres lost alot of players this off season. And why the hell would a Devils fan be sour grapes at the strangers? we've been beating you like a rented mule for 13 years...

The Sabres lost alot of players this off season. And why the hell would a Devils fan be sour grapes at the strangers?

Maybe because we took a giant step foward. At your expense? Just a guess but of course you have an answer for eveything. Thank goodness for honest posters like Toon.

Maybe because we took a giant step foward. At your expense? Just a guess but of course you have an answer for eveything. Thank goodness for honest posters like Toon.

Stranger fans said that exact thing when you signed Holik. Howd that work out?

Like I said an answer for everything, sour grapes.....
Why should a team that wins every year be jealous of a team that has been one of the all time laughingstocks in the sports world? That makes no sense at all. And one player jumping ship won't change that.

Archived