High powered offense = Jets success

Greenseed3

In the second year of Shotty's offense Chad is figured to take this offense to new heights. The introduction of Mr. Jones allows the seven-in-the-box defensive strategy to become a legitimate gamble. I predict an offense similar to the Duece & Reggie productivity experienced in N.O. Leon sliding out to LB-ing pass-coverage becomes a defensive liability, and an effective running-game allows for the patented play action pass-fakes our noodle-armed wonder made his fortune on.

Excelling in YAC with our die-hard recieving corps, and a freed TE (no longer needed to hang-out in pass protection), means our team can now put points up on the board. With our newly acquired running stability; I am less afraid our our star-QB playing "keep away" than "catch-up"....

This team has the new-found ability to score consistantly in the first quarter, and the second... and everytime it touches the ball. Similarly, every kick-off, or punt poses the ability to achieve the same result.

Defensively, if we can control the run, like I think we can; I would imagine the pass-defense staying the same (at worst) is more than adequate in controlling the game.

In short, our new high powered offense = more success.

While I hope the Jets offense is high powered, I will believe it when I see it. The offensive line needs to get more physical for this to happen. So much of what they did last year was because they could not control the line. The line getting a year older will help as will Thomas Jones. But they have a lot to prove before they are going to be considered high powered.

Chad Pennington and high powered are antonyms.

Drew Brees is a MUCH better athlete than Pennington.

Comparing the two, in my opinion, is pointless.

Our offense will once again be quirky -- with masked plays left and right to fuel the dink and dunk style. If Chad stays off the ground, we will have a sound offense, but far from 'high powered.'

Excelling in YAC with our die-hard recieving corps, and a freed TE (no longer needed to hang-out in pass protection), means our team can now put points up on the board.

I also believe that offense wins championships, but with the Jets, I'll believe it when I see it. I have some faith in Schottie, but I'd've paid Kendall. If he goes, the sophomore years of Mangold and -more importantly- D'Brick become bigger question marks. Brick didn't play like the #4 overall last year, and I haven't heard about him beefing up as much as I would've liked this year.

And why isn't TE a bigger priority on this team? You'd think Mangini coming from the Belichick tradition of first round TE's (dating back to missing out on Kyle Brady), and Schottie seeing first-hand what Antonio Gates can do for an offense/QB, that the position would have some importance around here. I'm not gonna jump in on the Chad bashing, but his arm is below average strength-wise, maybe a big target over the middle of the field would be beneficial?

I'm hoping they employ a lot of H-back looks, with either Stacy Tutt getting out in patterns, or Pociask (or whatever blocking TE/FB they keep) helping in pass protection allowing Baker to get out more. I love Coles and Cotch, but they need some pressure relieved from them. As does Chad.

I know the Chadadites will attack me for this, but, whatever, facts are facts. The Jets will never have a high powered offense with a game manager / dink & dunker behind center. No team ever would.

Plus, this Offensive Line is a big question mark right now until how we see what happens with Pete Kendall. Also, is this line a good enough run protecting line to give Thomas Jones enough room to be effective on a weekly basis?

In the second year of Shotty's offense Chad is figured to take this offense to new heights. The introduction of Mr. Jones allows the seven-in-the-box defensive strategy to become a legitimate gamble. I predict an offense similar to the Duece & Reggie productivity experienced in N.O. Leon sliding out to LB-ing pass-coverage becomes a defensive liability, and an effective running-game allows for the patented play action pass-fakes our noodle-armed wonder made his fortune on.

Excelling in YAC with our die-hard recieving corps, and a freed TE (no longer needed to hang-out in pass protection), means our team can now put points up on the board. With our newly acquired running stability; I am less afraid our our star-QB playing "keep away" than "catch-up"....

This team has the new-found ability to score consistantly in the first quarter, and the second... and everytime it touches the ball. Similarly, every kick-off, or punt poses the ability to achieve the same result.

Defensively, if we can control the run, like I think we can; I would imagine the pass-defense staying the same (at worst) is more than adequate in controlling the game.

In short, our new high powered offense = more success.

Only Jet fans can in one breath come up with thousands of reasons why the Patriots new additions will cause their team to fall apart, yet in the very next breath use the Jets new additions as the reasons why they will have more success. :P :p Keep dreaming Jet fans, because in a little more than 30 days your dreams are over. Think the season before last when you thought you were headed to the Super Bowl, and K.C. showed you what kind of team you really had on opening day. Get ready, it's coming, and all the big talk and bold predictions won't change it. ;)

Only Jet fans can in one breath come up with thousands of reasons why the Patriots new additions will cause their team to fall apart, yet in the very next breath use the Jets new additions as the reasons why they will have more success. :P :p Keep dreaming Jet fans, because in a little more than 30 days your dreams are over. Think the season before last when you thought you were headed to the Super Bowl, and K.C. showed you what kind of team you really had on opening day. Get ready, it's coming, and all the big talk and bold predictions won't change it. ;)

I didn't say anything, anywhere about the Patriots in this post. Maybe your eye-shadow or mascara clouded your vision.

Archived