The OFFICIAL CFL Thread

green_blood

In these times of longing to watch football, we can look north for enjoyment. (Well, really just watch taped games on SNY) Sure, the field is too long, there are too many players and teams get a single point for being stopped in the red zone, also known as a "rouge". But this is the OFFICIAL CANADIAN FOOTBALL THREAD! Ricky Ray is a beast! Michael Bishop still has the howitzer arm, they have a hispanic QB, Anthony Calvillo and they spell offense, offence! Defence! greycup.jpg

I like watching taped CFL games over Arena anyday. Arena is a joke, the CFL actually is a big deal in Canadia. The Grey Cup is the most viewed single event in Canada and they have some talent. Its where you can watch all your favorite former college stars that never became anything in the NFL serve as backups for former Div 2 players. I almost bought a Ricky Ray Edmonton Eskimos jersey on Ebay, but I wasn't around for the end of the auction. There are some players in the CFL right now that could make contributions for NFL teams right now, the CFL is truly underrated.

I like watching taped CFL games over Arena anyday. Arena is a joke, the CFL actually is a big deal in Canadia. The Grey Cup is the most viewed single event in Canada and they have some talent. Its where you can watch all your favorite former college stars that never became anything in the NFL serve as backups for former Div 2 players. I almost bought a Ricky Ray Edmonton Eskimos jersey on Ebay, but I wasn't around for the end of the auction. There are some players in the CFL right now that could make contributions for NFL teams right now, the CFL is truly underrated.

CFL is a joke, it's amazing how the league went from good to crap in 20 years. Amercian expansion was a failure and how do you let one of the most storied franchises in league history fold just like that. That would be like letting the Packers fold. The AFL is growing while the CFL is shrinking.

Uhh, the Baltimore Stallions were very popular in Baltimore, they got pushed out when the NFL expressed interest in Baltimore. The reason why the NFL went back to Baltimore was because of the Stallions' success. The Stallions fielded good teams too. Letting the Roughriders die was stupid, but the money that American businessmen have here isn't what they have there. Canadians do not consider it a joke though, its just that because the players they got are mostly imports that failed in the NFL or played lower division football, and in the draft, in which one has to be a Canadian citizen, the first overral is usually on par with a 3-4th rounder. The AFL is just tacky, the pacing of CFL is similar to the NFL and the CFL players are way better than those in AFL. In the early 200s, a lot of the teams like the Argos went bankrupt, but now the teams are making good money. I like independent business and options in everything, and on slow days, I like my football in July.

ITS MY TOPIC AND I CAN CRY IF I WANT TO! If Checkers can go into this forum, so can CFL! Ricky Ray was a great clip board holder and I developed him into 95 ovr QB for the Jets in Madden 06! That was such a bad year that I also experimented with Kliff Kingsbury, I am glad the Jets are winners again or Brad Smith would be a MVP QB!

Archived