Opener significant for Pouha

Kentucky Jet

The last time he played in a game was as a rookie on New Year's Day 2006, the last game of the Jets' 2005 season. He was hurt the first week of last year's training camp and spent the season on injured reserve.

"I'm just excited to get out there in a live situation," Pouha said. "The reason you play football and practice is to play the game ... and this is my first game in a while."

"Sione has done a lot of work in the weightroom," Mangini has said. "If you look at his body now versus, say, 12 months ago, you'll see the transition he's made in terms of strength and overall body weight distribution. Those things have helped him now as he goes out and works at his position. He's a lot stronger, he's a lot leaner, and I think that's

I was talking about this last week, back when i was the flavor of the day, LOL!

and trying to explain to #27Dom i think, how he did look leaner and had a better distribution of weight than he did last year before he was injured.

Watch him drive his legs when he is trying to push the OL back into the backfield. he has major lower body strength, and I think he does better than when he just tries to use his upper body to fight off the blocks.

Good luck tomorrow, Sione!

where can I go to print a roster with player #'s gonna stay home & watch it closely if I can

I printed one out from the newyorkjets.com website, they have an updated roster and depth chart (although I could not print the depth chart, only the roster).

Archived