Top 10 Preseason Performers

Ghost

10.John Broussard, WR | Jaguars

Broussard has made a great case to earn a spot with the Jags. He caught three passes for 66 yards in an 18-17 loss to the Dolphins.

9.Luke McCown, QB | Bucs

McCown is giving Chris Simms something to think about as a few Bucs QBs compete for the backup job to Jeff Garcia. McCown was 7-for-7 for 68 yards and a touchdown in Tampa Bay's 13-10 win over New England.

8.Jabari Greer, CB | Bills

Greer, who has a history of shining in the preseason, had two big interceptions in the Bills' 13-10 win over the Saints. His third-quarter pick set up the Bills' only touchdown

7.Bryant Johnson, WR | Cardinals

Johnson shook a tackle and burst down the field for a sweet 58-yard touchdown. The fifth-year receiver ended up with three catches for 87 yards in Arizona's four-point loss to Oakland.

6.Rex Grossman, QB | Bears

Although it's only preseason, the Bears have to be relieved Rex Grossman showed no ill effects from his Super Bowl meltdowns. Grossman completed his first eight passes in a 20-19 win over the Texans.

5.Darryl Tapp, DE | Seattle

Tap, a second-round pick in 2006, had just three sacks last season, but he posted two in a 24-16 loss to the Chargers.

4.Fred Jackson, RB | Bills

Jackson had an impressive 17-yard touchdown run in the Bills' 13-10 win over the Saints. He ended up with 49 yards on eight carries and may now fit into Buffalo's RB rotation.

3.Tony Romo, QB | Cowboys

Romo looked sharp in the Cowboys' preseason opener against the Colts. The Cowboys' starter complete 10 of 11 passes for 93 yards in a 23-10 victory.

2.Cullen Jenkins, DT | Packers

After signing a contract extension this offseason, the fourth-year pro got his preseason off to a great start with two sacks in Green Bay's 13-9 win over Pittsburgh.

1.Kellen Clemens, QB | Jets

Kellen Clemens completed 16 of 23 passes for three touchdowns and no interceptions in a 31-16 Jets win. Clemens' solid play has to make New York feel better about starter Chad Pennington's shaky health history.

Not a big deal, just thought posting this would be a little nice to the Clemens fans.

Kellen Clemens completed 16 of 23 passes for three touchdowns and no interceptions in a 31-16 Jets win. Clemens' solid play has to make New York feel better about starter Chad Pennington's shaky health history.

I did not see that coming. I was expecting a bunch of no-namers and a romo here and there. That's kind of cool. I wish i could have seen the game, i want to see how he moves and his presence. It's good that others are seeing him as doing a good job.

10.John Broussard, WR | Jaguars

Broussard has made a great case to earn a spot with the Jags. He caught three passes for 66 yards in an 18-17 loss to the Dolphins.

9.Luke McCown, QB | Bucs

McCown is giving Chris Simms something to think about as a few Bucs QBs compete for the backup job to Jeff Garcia. McCown was 7-for-7 for 68 yards and a touchdown in Tampa Bay's 13-10 win over New England.

8.Jabari Greer, CB | Bills

Greer, who has a history of shining in the preseason, had two big interceptions in the Bills' 13-10 win over the Saints. His third-quarter pick set up the Bills' only touchdown

7.Bryant Johnson, WR | Cardinals

Johnson shook a tackle and burst down the field for a sweet 58-yard touchdown. The fifth-year receiver ended up with three catches for 87 yards in Arizona's four-point loss to Oakland.

6.Rex Grossman, QB | Bears

Although it's only preseason, the Bears have to be relieved Rex Grossman showed no ill effects from his Super Bowl meltdowns. Grossman completed his first eight passes in a 20-19 win over the Texans.

5.Darryl Tapp, DE | Seattle

Tap, a second-round pick in 2006, had just three sacks last season, but he posted two in a 24-16 loss to the Chargers.

4.Fred Jackson, RB | Bills

Jackson had an impressive 17-yard touchdown run in the Bills' 13-10 win over the Saints. He ended up with 49 yards on eight carries and may now fit into Buffalo's RB rotation.

3.Tony Romo, QB | Cowboys

Romo looked sharp in the Cowboys' preseason opener against the Colts. The Cowboys' starter complete 10 of 11 passes for 93 yards in a 23-10 victory.

2.Cullen Jenkins, DT | Packers

After signing a contract extension this offseason, the fourth-year pro got his preseason off to a great start with two sacks in Green Bay's 13-9 win over Pittsburgh.

Not a big deal, just thought posting this would be a little nice to the Clemens fans.

Source???

Clemens stats are kind of misleading, he had trouble with hqandling the ball early, might've been from the wet ball, and with two deep passes, they were lame duck trows that the WRS bailed him out on, could've easily been INTs, one was by Frisman Jackson, came back to make the reception, the other might've been J-Mac, I forget.

But he and Sean Ryan seem to have a chemistry building, he was hitting Ryan consistantly.

He stayed in the pocket waiting for something to open rather than getting happy feet and running, which Brad Smith did several times.

It was only the first game, something to build off of, we will see how he looks this week as well.

Clemens stats are kind of misleading, he had trouble with hqandling the ball early, might've been from the wet ball, and with two deep passes, they were lame duck trows that the WRS bailed him out on, could've easily been INTs, one was by Frisman Jackson, came back to make the reception, the other might've been J-Mac, I forget.

But he and Sean Ryan seem to have a chemistry building, he was hitting Ryan consistantly.

He stayed in the pocket waiting for something to open rather than getting happy feet and running, which Brad Smith did several times.

It was only the first game, something to build off of, we will see how he looks this week as well.

Jets fan with a name of TBrady ??

Anyway, I agree with your post.

I didn't get to see the game this week, but I'm glad to hear this. IMO, happy feet and leaving the pocket early were two of Clemens biggest problems last preseason.

Archived