My Keeper League -- Help Needed

Maxman

Alright I drafted a team last year and checked it like 3 times all year. Needless to say I didn't finish well. It is a keeper league, you can keep anyone that wasn't on your team for more than one year (and wasn't a 1st round pick).

Here are my options -- I can keep 4. Obviously running backs get kept by everyone. Thoughts?

Round 1

Round 2 Brian Westbrook

Round 3 Roy Williams

Round 4 Kevin Jones

Round 5 Mike Bell

Round 6 Cedric Benson

Round 7

Round 8

Round 9 LenDale White

Round 10

Round 11 David Givens

Round 12 Kevin Curtis

Round 13 Ashley Lelie

Round 14 Matt Leinart

Round 15 Jason Elam

Round 16 New York

Round 17 Dallas Clark

Round 18 Chad Jackson

You don't have to keep 4. You lose the round pick for each keeper. So Jones really wouldn't be worth it.

I should have put that in the first post. For example if I keep Lendale White I give up my 9th. Kind of changes the equation.

You don't have to keep 4. You lose the round pick for each keeper. So Jones really wouldn't be worth it.

I should have put that in the first post. For example if I keep Lendale White I give up my 9th. Kind of changes the equation.

In that case keep 3 and draft early.

I would definitely keep Westbrook, Benson and Kevin Curtis. Those are values this year. Williams I don't see as a value in the third round. I've never been in a keeper league, though, so I have no clue if you can get someone better in that slot.

Alright I drafted a team last year and checked it like 3 times all year. Needless to say I didn't finish well. It is a keeper league, you can keep anyone that wasn't on your team for more than one year (and wasn't a 1st round pick).

Here are my options -- I can keep 4. Obviously running backs get kept by everyone. Thoughts?

Round 1

Round 2 Brian Westbrook

Round 3 Roy Williams

Round 4 Kevin Jones

Round 5 Mike Bell

Round 6 Cedric Benson

Round 7

Round 8

Round 9 LenDale White

Round 10

Round 11 David Givens

Round 12 Kevin Curtis

Round 13 Ashley Lelie

Round 14 Matt Leinart

Round 15 Jason Elam

Round 16 New York

Round 17 Dallas Clark

Round 18 Chad Jackson

Where would you draft at first round and are there going to be any backs better then westbrook available in the first? Is it a ppr league?

The interesting thing with your draft is you give up the round this year of the player you drafted last year. With that in mind:

If you look at Leinart at 14, that is GREAT value. I have him as my 8th qb, but really a tie at seventh with hasselbeck. Figure whoever has the top 4-5 will keep them, that means if you did not keep leinart you would need to draft a qb pretty quick, so i definitely take him and sacrifice a 14th pick

Westbrook I have as my #5 in a ppr league, so giving up a second rounder for him is a no brainer.

Cedric Benson is #23 on my list, figure there will be a draught at RB with everyone keeping so many of the good ones, i say keep him and give up the 6th

Those are the moves I would definitely make, and your big steal is your starting qb at 14th pick.

Here is one not so black and white

Roy Williams, I have him at 12 on my list of WRs. Now, is that worth giving up a third pick? I don't know. You need another stud back, so you will go with the best rb available in round1, that is a no brainer. If you take Williams you do not get to pick again until the 4th round. Now, you need to look at what you think the other guys will do, will most of the top 10 wr be available or kept from last year, and will guys be drafting wr's early or qbs. This one really depends on your position in draft order and what other guys will be doing.

Thanks guys!!!

I was leaning towards not keeping Williams and I wasn't sure about Leinart but I think you guys talked me into it.

Westbrook - 2

Benson - 6

Leinart - 14

and Curtis - 12 or White - 9. I have a good feeling about White.

JoeBaby -- I pick 4th in the 1st round. Guys like L.T. etc can't be kept. So the # 4 isn't valued like a true 4 but there will still be a top player at that spot. If I keep Leinart and get a top RB with the 1st pick I have 3 pretty good backs.

It is a QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, W/R, Def, K league. So 3 good backs would be helpful. That would give me rounds 3, 4 and 5 to get some wideouts. Should definitely be possible.

Thanks!

Gotta go back and do the math, Williams might actually be the keeper at the 3rd.

HHhhmmmm.

it all depends, i would think most guys will keep whoever they picked in the 2nd round, so it will mostly go from first to third round. Assume you do a serpentine where you come back around, you will be the 4th pick of the 3rd round, now are any of the 12 or so wr's that are above williams gonna be available? Figure manning and rb's get picked in the first, i would think you have your pick of wr's, but you need to look at what the other guys are keeping. If you give up your 3rd round for williams, he will likely be your highest rated wr. Like i said, it is a close call, really depends on what other guys have and do with their keepers. Also, think about setting yourself up for next year, guys who took addai and bush killed this year because they are getting top 10 talent and giving up late round picks, so make sure you get some promising young players, but try to pick them up in middle or late rounds.

it all depends, i would think most guys will keep whoever they picked in the 2nd round, so it will mostly go from first to third round. Assume you do a serpentine where you come back around, you will be the 4th pick of the 3rd round, now are any of the 12 or so wr's that are above williams gonna be available? Figure manning and rb's get picked in the first, i would think you have your pick of wr's, but you need to look at what the other guys are keeping. If you give up your 3rd round for williams, he will likely be your highest rated wr. Like i said, it is a close call, really depends on what other guys have and do with their keepers. Also, think about setting yourself up for next year, guys who took addai and bush killed this year because they are getting top 10 talent and giving up late round picks, so make sure you get some promising young players, but try to pick them up in middle or late rounds.

In keeping with what i said, Micheal Turner becomes a free agent next year, if people sleep on him he is a great late round pick. I would forget keeping white at 9 and maybe picking up turner there instead.

Looks like at 4th pick you will land Alexander, as the only first rounders from last year who would be available that would go ahead would be LT, Jackson, LJ. You may get LJ though if the guy ahead is skittish.

Keep Westbrook, Roy Williams and Benson. Westbrook and Benson are good values in their respective rounds.

Keep Westbrook, Roy Williams and Benson. Westbrook and Benson are good values in their respective rounds.

That is what I did. I gave up the 9th for White as well. If he plays, it is worth it. If not it was only a 9th and I would have screwed it up anyhow.

Joe -- Good call on Turner. Real good call.

That is what I did. I gave up the 9th for White as well. If he plays, it is worth it. If not it was only a 9th and I would have screwed it up anyhow.

Joe -- Good call on Turner. Real good call.

Please tell me you kept lienart at 14th! If not, what qb did you get in what round?

Better yet, i am curius because this is an interesting format, how did your draft go? Do you have your round by round picks?

I would definitely keep Westbrook, Benson and Kevin Curtis. Those are values this year. Williams I don't see as a value in the third round. I've never been in a keeper league, though, so I have no clue if you can get someone better in that slot.

Finding a guy in the 3rd=Williams in a keeper draft, especially when you get four, will be tough.

I would probably keep Leinart. With Boldin and Fitzgerald i don't see how he can do badly. He came on at the end of last year and i think he will only continue that success.

I would keep Westbrook, Roy Williams, Benson, and Leinart.

Ditto. Take best available RB in round 1 and a QB in round 4. BAPs after that.

Round 1

Round 2 Brian Westbrook

Round 3 Roy Williams

Round 4 Kevin Jones

Round 5 Mike Bell

Round 6 Cedric Benson

Round 7

Round 8

Round 9 LenDale White

Round 10

Round 11 David Givens

Round 12 Kevin Curtis