I'm pumped up about week 1

Forget all the talk about our O-Line sucking, Chad cant beat good Defenses, we still cant stop the run... Forget all that negative talk, I'm looking foward to a great season this year and it all starts with week one when we play NE @ The Meadowlands!

Last season we opened up the year with Barlow and Blaylock as our 1-2 punch in the backfield... As we all know, T.Jones and L.Washington will be our 1-2 punch going into NE. I'm really looking foward to Thomas Jones getting that 3.5, 4 YPC, being a work-house and then having Leon break a 20 yard run vs the Pats Defense or even catch a screen in the flats and take it 50+ to the house... We actually have a solid backfield with Jones and Leon and I honestly cant wait to see them run.

Chad is going to be fine, and I'm actually expecting Chad to have a breakout year this season with the Offense we now have in place. Yea, I know our O-Line seems to be introuble but at the same time, last season we had 2 rookies on the O-Line in Brick and Mangold... Come week 1 vs NE... We will see what kind of O-Line we have when we face the Pats D-Line with Seymour, Waren, and Wilfork.

I'm just really pumped up about watching Chad work with Coles and Cotch...Pocket A's in a game of Poker... And we have some players other than Cotch and Coles who can actually make plays for this Jets Offense in J.Mac who has looked strong in the pre-season along with Brad Smith who if anything can confuse the D and even Stukey may be a solid rookie this year. And lets not sleep on C.Baker... Alot of fans such as myself really feel C.Baker may come into his own this season with Marty's boy calling the shots.

I'm really just pumped up about this season. We drafted 2 solid rookies in Harris and Revis and I really feel they can be factors come week one when we play NE. I really feel we have a solid secondary with Dyson, Revis, Miller, Barrett, Coleman and K.Rhodes is actually one of the best Safetys in all of Football as of right now. Our LB's need to step it up, but with the addition of Harris... I really feel the front 7 will play alot better this season, and actually make some plays for us this year with Vilma and Harris in the middle along with Barton, Hobson and Thomas is key for this Jets D... They need to get to the QB's this season early and often.

I can go on and on, lol... Im just looking foward to this season, and it all starts week one.

I just feel with Mangini as the HC... We have a strong chance of getting that W each and every Sunday.

I also cant wait to see Revis return punts and I really hope J.Miller can get back to 100% so he can be a X-Factor on KR's

Also... Lets not let this Pre-season take away the excitement us Jet fans should have about week one when we play NE... It just seems like Mangini is keeping the play-calling vanilla, especially on the Defensive side of the ball.

Wait till week one when we simply confuse the shiit out of Brady and the Patriots offense. Mangini will have our Defense in the 3-4, the 4-3, the nickel, dime, 4-6, Im telling you... Mangini will have a SOLID and REAL gameplan come week one for BB and the Patriots. Also on Offense, I cant wait to see the way we move our players, and use formation shifts before the snap. Preseason is just the preseason... We made the playoffs last season, call it what you wanna call it... But this season we should be alot better AS A TEAM, and if... and I mean if we can beat NE week 1... We have a real great chance at the AFC East this year.

Forget all the talk about our O-Line sucking, Chad cant beat good Defenses, we still cant stop the run... Forget all that negative talk, I'm looking foward to a great season this year and it all starts with week one when we play NE @ The Meadowlands!

Last season we opened up the year with Barlow and Blaylock as our 1-2 punch in the backfield... As we all know, T.Jones and L.Washington will be our 1-2 punch going into NE. I'm really looking foward to Thomas Jones getting that 3.5, 4 YPC, being a work-house and then having Leon break a 20 yard run vs the Pats Defense or even catch a screen in the flats and take it 50+ to the house... We actually have a solid backfield with Jones and Leon and I honestly cant wait to see them run.

Chad is going to be fine, and I'm actually expecting Chad to have a breakout year this season with the Offense we now have in place. Yea, I know our O-Line seems to be introuble but at the same time, last season we had 2 rookies on the O-Line in Brick and Mangold... Come week 1 vs NE... We will see what kind of O-Line we have when we face the Pats D-Line with Seymour, Waren, and Wilfork.

I'm just really pumped up about watching Chad work with Coles and Cotch...Pocket A's in a game of Poker... And we have some players other than Cotch and Coles who can actually make plays for this Jets Offense in J.Mac who has looked strong in the pre-season along with Brad Smith who if anything can confuse the D and even Stukey may be a solid rookie this year. And lets not sleep on C.Baker... Alot of fans such as myself really feel C.Baker may come into his own this season with Marty's boy calling the shots.

I'm really just pumped up about this season. We drafted 2 solid rookies in Harris and Revis and I really feel they can be factors come week one when we play NE. I really feel we have a solid secondary with Dyson, Revis, Miller, Barrett, Coleman and K.Rhodes is actually one of the best Safetys in all of Football as of right now. Our LB's need to step it up, but with the addition of Harris... I really feel the front 7 will play alot better this season, and actually make some plays for us this year with Vilma and Harris in the middle along with Barton, Hobson and Thomas is key for this Jets D... They need to get to the QB's this season early and often.

I can go on and on, lol... Im just looking foward to this season, and it all starts week one.

I just feel with Mangini as the HC... We have a strong chance of getting that W each and every Sunday.

I also cant wait to see Revis return punts and I really hope J.Miller can get back to 100% so he can be a X-Factor on KR's

Every fan has their own approach to each season. Some choose not to "just forget" all of the things their team is terrible at so that when the season starts they aren't sitting there saying "but what the hell happened, this team was perfect before the games started". Personally...I try not to get my hopes too high (learned my lesson after Brownging Nagles 5-0 pre-season) and look at my team objectively. The Jets have some huge issues to overcome. I'm not going to pretend they don't. I don't expect them to win the SB this season because lets face it...it all starts up front and up front on the offense and defense, the Jets have some major weaknesses. Dosn't make me less of a fan. Doesn't mean I won't root for them to win every week. It just means I'm objective and realistic. My two cents.

Every fan has their own approach to each season. Some choose to not "just forget" all of the things their team is terrible at so that when the season starts they aren't sitting there saying "but what the hell happened, this team was perfect before the games started". Personally...I try not to get my hopes too high (learned my lesson after Brownging Nagles 5-0 pre-season) and look at my team objectively. The Jets have some huge issues to overcome. I'm not going to pretend they don't. I don't expect them to win the SB this season because lets face it...it all starts up front and up front on the offense and defense, the Jets have some major weaknesses. Dosn't make me less of a fan. Doesn't mean I won't root for them to win every week. It just means I'm objective and realistic. My two cents.

I agree with everything said here but don't forget- The Jets are undefeated in regular season 2007- until they aren't anymore- let DWC have his fun.

Lets Go Jets!:cheers:

WTF are you talking about? "Let DWC have his fun"...

Nothing at all man, They just all bash you for your optomistic posts. While I dont agree with all of them I think you have every right, as I am every single year, to be excited as hell about the upcoming season. Must be quite a downer to go into every year expecting the worse.

Relax buddy...

Nothing at all man, They just all bash you for your optomistic posts. While I dont agree with all of them I think you have every right, as I am every single year, to be excited as hell about the upcoming season. Must be quite a downer to go into every year expecting the worse.

Relax buddy...

lol I feel ya.

I just look at it like this...

Lat year was Chads first season back from 2 injurys... The same people that said Chad wont last 3 games without getting hurt or being benched are actually the same people saying Kelen will be the starting QB by the end of this season... ONCE AGAIN, lol.

This year has been Chads first HEALTHY OFFSEASON in quiet some time, I'm looking foward to watching him run this Offesne this year.

Last year we made the playoffs with a rookie HC in Mangini

This year Mangini should have a much better feel for this Jets team

Last year we made the playoffs with a first year OC in Martys boy

This year may be Marty's boys last season as the OC but once again... He will also have a better feel for the plays to make, and the time to make the plays...

Last year we made the playoffs with a 1-2 punch with Barlow and Blaylock

This year we enter the season with Thomas Jones and Leon Washington in the backfield

Last year we made the playoffs with 2 rookies on the O-Line in Brick and Mangold

This year I'm actually looking foward to watching Brick and Mangold work togheter as 2nd year players, not quiet vets at this time... But far from rookies.

lol... Im keeping it simple... I can go on and on... But we have a much better TEAM this year and im excited.

I am a little nervous. Our starting o-line got run over in the game against the Giants. The first tema D did not look that great either. Revis however looked really good. While I am looking forward to the season there are things that we have to do better if we want to be competitive this year.

I am a little nervous. Our starting o-line got run over in the game against the Giants. The first tema D did not look that great either. Revis however looked really good. While I am looking forward to the season there are things that we have to do better if we want to be competitive this year.

even if we miss the playoffs, i can still be happy with our two draft classes so far (assuming revis and harris will continue their high level of play), and know that we can go into the 08 season with a highly competetive team, regardless of who the QB is.

even if we miss the playoffs, i can still be happy with our two draft classes so far (assuming revis and harris will continue their high level of play), and know that we can go into the 08 season with a highly competetive team, regardless of who the QB is.

There is still A LOT of risk involved with the drafts...

Revis

Harris

DBrick

Clemens

all 4 of those spots need to work out well, otherwise neither draft was great...

Dbrick especially... teams that mess up top 5 picks get nowhere fast... the other 3 guys were targeted and traded up for... they better live up to it...

There is still A LOT of risk involved with the drafts...

Revis

Harris

DBrick

Clemens

all 4 of those spots need to work out well, otherwise neither draft was great...

Dbrick especially... teams that mess up top 5 picks get nowhere fast... the other 3 guys were targeted and traded up for... they better live up to it...

i have to disagree. What if, and this is 100% what if...

Brad Smith, Leon Washington, Chansi Stuckey and Nick Mangold all turn in multiple pro bowl seasons? (i mean earning the spot, not john lynching your way in)

If we pull 4 pro bowlers our of two drafts, and they stay at a high level, we can say forget the four you mentioned. It's unlikely, and i'm with you in thinking that those four do need to play well, but it is not the end all situation you might think.

I do have a good feeling about Revis right now, i think he will be a stud, but damn it would be nice to have Grubbs, or Blalock...sigh...

i have to disagree. What if, and this is 100% what if...

Brad Smith, Leon Washington, Chansi Stuckey and Nick Mangold all turn in multiple pro bowl season? (i mean earning the spot, not john lynching your way in)

If we pull 4 pro bowlers our of two drafts, and they stay at a high level, we can say forget the four you mentioned. It's unlikely, and i'm with you in thinking that those four do need to play well, but it is not the end all situation you might think.

I do have a good feeling about Revis right now, i think he will be a stud, but damn it would be nice to have Grubbs, or Blalock...sigh...

Brad Smith and Chansi Stuckey will never be pro-bowlers... hopefully they will be solid though... Mangold has the best Chance... and Leon wont unless he becomes the feature RB....

Like I said... if you blow a top 5 draft pick your not good at drafting... period

Brad Smith and Chansi Stuckey will never be pro-bowlers... hopefully they will be solid though... Mangold has the best Chance... and Leon wont unless he becomes the feature RB....

Like I said... if you blow a top 5 draft pick your not good at drafting... period

that's not true at all. New Orleans didn't have a top five pick, but i can't remember who their first rounder was, but i certainly remember who their 7th rounder was.

Why can't stuckey be a pro bowler? He's fast, good hands, he needs playing time, and a great work ethic, there is no reason to peg him as a career number 3, or just an average player. Same goes with Leon, if he gets the featured role, with a good O-line there is no telling.

I don't pigeon hole players, there are tons of guys that are capable.

Even if Brick never turns out to be a Franchise LT that still dont mean that the Jets FO does not know how to draft... Or in your words... "Are not good" for the simple fact the Jets never drafted Ferguson because he was the best player in the draft at #4, we drafted Brick because the year before we played 5 Quarterbacks and we had 4 out of 5 O-Lineman playing a different postion than the year before where we actually made the playoffs.

Mangini and the jets FO drafting Brick followed by Mangold actually speaks volumes. That means that as a FRONT OFFICE, they understand the game of football... Someone needs to protect the Quarterback to win games, and at the time... Brick was the best option.

Even if Brick never turns out to be a Franchise LT that still dont mean that the Jets FO does not know how to draft... Or in your words... "Are not good" for the simple fact the Jets never drafted Ferguson because he was the best player in the draft at #4, we drafted Brick because the year before we played 5 Quarterbacks and we had 4 out of 5 O-Lineman playing a different postion than the year before where we actually made the playoffs.

Mangini and the jets FO drafting Brick followed by Mangold actually speaks volumes. That means that as a FRONT OFFICE, they understand the game of football... Someone needs to protect the Quarterback to win games, and at the time... Brick was the best option.

They could have had McNeil, Mangold & Cutler....

Do some research first DWC.

It's not my job to tell you something that you dont already know... That's what parents are for homie....

So why don't you bring something new up, like who's going to be our best offensive lineman. I don't know, something we don't know, and hopefully it's related to FOOTBALL.

Archived