I'll take my lumps....

vanDoug

It's cool Doug, hell, even a blind pig finds an acorn every now and then :lol:

I was worried about Wakefield, the humidity and wind helped his knuckler. He pitched a hell of a good game. As for us, we got to see that:

1.)Patterson is still an idiot.

2.)A pitcher with slightly better than avg stuff and 91 mph heat better bring pinpoint control or he's going to get lit up.

3.)Love Joe Borowski with all my heart - but 86 up in the zone that doesn't break much is going out of, and all over the park.

I was actually hoping that Damon hit for the cycle.

Great series to watch.

take it from me vandoug...

Youre no jinx. I know a jinx when I see one. Youre just a harmless Cubbie fan who got a little overzealous about the bad 5-game stretch of my man Tim Wakefield. So you predicted a massacre because you wanted to see one. Who among us hasnt done that?

As far as I know, its your first time playing the JN.com prediction game...dont be so hard on yourself.

There is only one true jinx here and his name is JonEJet. Let me tell you a little about this yahoo.

1. He is a front-runner like no other. He only shows up in a Yankee win and is nowhere to be found in a Yankee loss.

2. As soon as he opens his big fat piehole, bad things happen to his team of choice which unfortunately for us is the Jets. I'm not kidding. Those of us from Ji have seen it happen. JonE posts, the Jets tank...IN GAME! Pay attention, you'll see it eventually.

3. He tries to circumvent the whole jinx thing by making vague statements and dropping (un)subtle hints...but the mere "pro" or "anti" ramblings are good enough to damn his teams

4. Many other posters (myself included) have asked him to use his powers for good. IE: Tell us in advance who he thinks is gonna win, say, the Super Bowl, then give us time to call our bookies and play the other team hella-big...but to no avail. He doesnt think of himself as a jinx. We've even begged him, "JonE, pick the Pats." Alas, you've seen how that worked out for us.

So lighten up. Youre no jinx. Just never EVER again make the mistake of underestimating Timmy Wakefield because of either his age or his status as the leagues sole knuckler. He has as bigga balls as anyone in our lifetime and he, by God, knows how to get hitters out

Other than the first game (Sox never showed), I loved the series. This is what interleague play is about. The buzz about it was great.

Wakefield is awesome. I needed him to come through and bang on schedule he comes in, rights the ship and even did some hitting and running!! :D The clip of him rounding 3rd and seeing him being waved home is great. His arms pumping and the slide. Wakefield is da man.

#49 rules.

I had a feeling that Wakefield would give the Cubs major problems. They don't have too much experience with knuckleballers. I have to admit that I felt my confidence skyrocket when I saw the Sox lineup tonight. But when the "Greek God of Walks" put one into the basket, I had a feeling this wasn't going to be our night.

On a side note, Dusty Baker did an absolutely terrible job tonight. First of all, Jerry Hairston has actually seen a bit of Wakefield in the past. It was a bonehead move to leave him on the bench and start Corey Patterson, who couldn't get a base hit in a little league game right now. Second, Rusch just didn't have it tonight. The plug should have been pulled on him when Rothschild came out to chat with him prior to Damon's double. And whenever they brought in Cliff Bartosh, the Cubs in effect waved the white flag. Dusty managed tonight like someone that was happy to take 2 out of 3, rather than go balls to the wall for a sweep.

Dusty managed tonight like someone that was happy to take 2 out of 3, rather than go balls to the wall for a sweep.

Yeah, agree.

That made us 3-3 for the last 2 home series.

:(

Not gonna catch St.L by playing at .500 at home.

Seemed like they looked past Toronto and then woke up in game 3. Then took 2 from the Sox and relaxed.

Good job by Wakefield and the Boston bats last night.

Today we face Willis, then next weekend it's George's boys.

d

Archived