The Mutiny Against Herm Begins in KC

Roger Vick

True, but who can blame LJ? It's his body that Herm is hellbent on destroying. If anything Curtis should have had the balls to speak up. I know that isn't at all his style but to me being seen as the ultimate team player is less important than my ability to walk 10 years down the line.

You're right. I just felt like saying that. I'm sure if we lost more, more people would have spoken up against herm just like when any team starts losing a lot.

IMO, Kimo was by far the weak link on that line. I think Mangini feels that DRob will be okay at NT, he was improving as the year went on last year. They must want a true run stuffing ILB, that's why they reached for Schlegel and moved up for Harris. I think they want to pair one with Vilma to take the pressure of taking on hits off Vilma.

I never studied Sam Adams to determine if he'd be a good NT, but he was a one year rental for $1M, plus $250K if they make the playoffs. Seems like a guy like that might be a better option than Pouha. They could have signed ten guys like that with the cap space they have or five guys at twice the price.

Agree on Kimo, he was painful, got pushed around something fierce.

It's been discussed time and time again that we simply do not have the right personnel for the 3-4, it'll be interesting to see what happens next year should the defense continue to falter. We've got a pretty good core of LBs, but they can't do much if the d-line can't open any holes. D-rob isn't "horrible" per se, he's just not that good of a 3-4 NT, he's much better suited for the 4-3, as is the rest of our D it would seem. I think it boils down to the front office must not have seen any FAs they liked, OR the asking price for said players was too high. Because it was clear to everyone that NT was going to be an issue after last year.

Ha. Pretty sure he met Sam Adams. I'm surprised they didn't add depth at NT. Even if they like Robertson, in fact especially if they like Robertson, it seems they could add a vet or tubby guy that might not be able to cut it as a full time starter, but could give some serious help on a limited play basis. I assumed they didn't want to sign one because they didn't want to give special concessions to a fatty in practice/camp.

The Dom nailed it. Why not get a fat body and let him roll around in the buffet while everyone does laps. No one will be upset because fat guys like that just need to be fat.:P

Fortunately, the KC media's biggest mouthpiece, Whitlock, caught on to Herm. However, the Chiefs organization has a massive and highly effective propaganda wing that works very well to cover all bases.

However...

After the second of third straight three and outs to open the game on Sunday, they showed a message from Herm on the 'Tron at Arrowhead. It was met to a raucous round of boos. Even after I walked out of the game, you could hear several people mumbling "We are terrible" or "That will be one of our 5 wins this year", and these are season ticket holders at the home opener.

Fortunately, the KC media's biggest mouthpiece, Whitlock, caught on to Herm. However, the Chiefs organization has a massive and highly effective propaganda wing that works very well to cover all bases.

However...

After the second of third straight three and outs to open the game on Sunday, they showed a message from Herm on the 'Tron at Arrowhead. It was met to a raucous round of boos. Even after I walked out of the game, you could hear several people mumbling "We are terrible" or "That will be one of our 5 wins this year", and these are season ticket holders at the home opener.

LOL what did that message say? C'mon this could just make our day.

I don't even remember what the message was, as the Audio sync is usually 2 seconds off at Arrowhead, and the rest of the vocals were drowned out by boos.

FWIW, they announced every part of the team on Sunday, D-Line, TE's, RB's, as individual units, but never said/announced Herm, and they always did with Vermeil.

Fearful of boos perhaps ???

I don't even remember what the message was, as the Audio sync is usually 2 seconds off at Arrowhead, and the rest of the vocals were drowned out by boos.

FWIW, they announced every part of the team on Sunday, D-Line, TE's, RB's, as individual units, but never said/announced Herm, and they always did with Vermeil.

Fearful of boos perhaps ???

Oh c'mon that message may have been the most entertaining part of the game and you missed it. Shame on you, lol.

Everyone keeps saying Herm is an idiot, but he has the media dancing at his fingertips. The guy manipulated the **** out of the NY media, the same cynical, aggressive, bitter media that drives out championship coaches and HoF athletes. Some players can get a bit of a pass dude to overwhelming character, like say Curtis Martin, but Herm doesn't even have good character, he is a total douche. Yet people are convinced that he is a "nice guy, bad football coach." Hell no! This guy would backstab his own mother for a dime, he is not a guy you want as your next door neighbor as others have said!

IMk5sMHj58I&mode=related&search=

I'll second that potw nom, and might I add:

...Coker doesn't even have good character, he is a total douche. Yet people are convinced that he is a "nice guy, bad football coach." Hell no! This guy would backstab his own mother for a dime, he is not a guy you want as your next door neighbor as others have said!

Archived