THE MICHAEL VICK SAGA:

BaumerJet

More troubles: Vick positive for marijuana

QB, already facing sentencing for dogfighting, can't leave house at night

sourceAP.gif

Updated: 29 minutes ago

RICHMOND, Va. - A federal judge placed tighter restrictions on Michael Vick on Wednesday after he tested positive for marijuana.

Because of the result, U.S. District Judge Henry Hudson placed special conditions on Vick’s release, including restricting him to his home between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. and ordering him to submit to random drug testing.

The urine sample was submitted Sept. 13, according to a document by a federal probation officer that was filed in U.S. District Court on Wednesday.

Vick, who admitted bankrolling a dogfighting operation on property he owns in Surry County in his written federal plea, is scheduled for sentencing Dec. 10.

© 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Cause he smoked some weed? Or cause he's an idiot?

This is not the usual "is pot bad?" debate we have here from time to time.

When a judge tells you on the day you plead guilty to felony not to do anything illegal before the day he sentences you or it might impact your jail sentence, you are objectively an imbecile if you smoke pot. He KNEW they were going to dole test him,and he did it anyway. And further, the judge is now not going to cut him any slack, and the US Attorney will have a field day with him on the day of his sentencing. "Look, Your Honor, how the defendant disregarded and flaunted your instruction to stay out of trouble.He treats this court with the sam callous disregard as he did those dogs. He deserves no leinency."

Cause he smoked some weed? Or cause he's an idiot?

Cause he smoked the weed under the knowledge of being drug tested and all. I dont hold smoking pot against anyone. I did it for years on end. The reason I stopped is because I have kids around now. I still do smoke it every so often usually when on vacation in NYC, but havent for the last 3 years. If they legalized it, I would be first in line to buy it.

This is not the usual "is pot bad?" debate we have here from time to time.

When a judge tells you on the day you plead guilty to felony not to do anything illegal before the day he sentences you or it might impact your jail sentence, you are objectively an imbecile if you smoke pot. He KNEW they were going to dole test him,and he did it anyway. And further, the judge is now not going to cut him any slack, and the US Attorney will have a field day with him on the day of his sentencing. "Look, Your Honor, how the defendant disregarded and flaunted your instruction to stay out of trouble.He treats this court with the sam callous disregard as he did those dogs. He deserves no leinency."

That pretty much says it in a nutshell.

POTW nom

Archived