How much should the Jets worry about Aaron Rodgers?

4 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

According to some here we need to be lying awake at night worrying over his brittle bones spontaneously shattering the second he dons a helmet. 

I was going to make a joke about that happening 4 plays into last season, but I won’t. 😜

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

It’s like some people hope for bad things to happen. @Bronx you would think all that sunshine , Beautiful women, sprouts and kale would help you stop manifesting negativity. 

20% fiber 70% fats/protein 10% carbs.   I am also realistic. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

It’s like some people hope for bad things to happen. 

it's more like 99.9% of players in their 20th year are washed/retired and Jets fans are counting on that 0.1 percent to come through 

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

The realistic answer is "very concerned."  There is simply no precedent for a 40 year old quarterback coming off an Achilles rupture.  I think the Jets acted with this concern in mind by bringing in a proven veteran backup quarterback and investing heavily in the offensive line.  Unfortunately two of those key pieces have big injury concerns of their own.

• Upvote 4

Negative:  now 40 and while the Achilles ‘might’ have been a freak accident, he was already coming off a broken throwing thumb and bruised ribs his last year with the Packers.  Is his body starting to break down after being relatively healthy 6 of the prior 7 years?

Positive:  he earned back to back MVPs at 36-37 working with Hackett.  He still has an arm (unlike an aging Peyton) and has always been adept at creating points based on his vision, football IQ and experience (things he still has).

—————

After last year’s failed strategy, the Jets have been wise to surround an aging QB with a strong OL / better WRs, and to plan for a balanced attack to keep the opposing defense honest.

I expect a top 10 QB (closer to 10) who won’t have to do it all himself.  Lots of play action, quick passing, amd running the football.

Injury is my greatest concern.  We need a little bit of luck and much much better OL play.  The last Jets QB to complete a full season was Ryan Fitzpatrick year 1.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Not me. I'm just happy I don't have to watch Zach take another snap for this franchise ever. Rest is gravy. I mean even lumpy gravy is still gravy. 

I root for the Jets to be good  - I want them to win

But I don't expect them to win a Super Bowl 

I think you can have realistic expectations for the team and still be a "real Fan" (TM) 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Not me. I'm just happy I don't have to watch Zach take another snap for this franchise ever. Rest is gravy. I mean even lumpy gravy is still gravy. 

Oh jeez. Now you did it.

We’re going to get into that sauce/gravy thing again, aren’t we… 😱

• Haha 1

So Rodgers is coming off a season ending injury and he's 40. Taylor is very injury prone and had injuries last season. The 3rd string QB a rookie is not presently available due to a significant injury. So if those guys go down who plays. 

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

So Rodgers is coming off a season ending injury and he's 39. Taylor is very injury prone and had injuries last season. The 3rd string QB a rookie is not presently available due to a significant injury. So if those guys go down who plays. 

Who plays QB on any team when their first 3 become unavailable? Is this a serious question?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Oh jeez. Now you did it.

We’re going to get into that sauce/gravy thing again, aren’t we… 😱

We really need to find a CB with the nickname "Gravy" so we can have a D-backfield of Sauce n' Gravy.

Someone out there in college football surely has that nickname, right?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

It’s pretty much the only major injury he’s had in his career. So I’m not that worried. Or I should say not any more worried as any team is with there QB.

Its notable that Rodgers got hurt "creating" and trying to spin away from pressure 

Yes Brady and Manning played forever but they got rid of the ball very quickly, knowing that their creating days were behind them

For Rodgers to make it through this year he's going have to make quicker decisions. He looked gunshy both in 22 and 23.

holding it for 4 seconds on a 2 second chop block protection is what got him hurt. Not just being old 

It's like if your old be old don't try to scramble and spin away those days are over 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why worry at all?  We're used to failure.  He gets hurt, I'll shrug.  If he stays healthy and succeeds, great.  Worrying about it is pointless.

Right? Sit back and watch the show… whatever’s gonna happen is gonna happen.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

So Rodgers is coming off a season ending injury and he's 40. Taylor is very injury prone and had injuries last season. The 3rd string QB a rookie is not presently available due to a significant injury. So if those guys go down who plays. 

If those 3 QBs are unavailable, will Jets Fans still have a vested interested in the 2024 campaign?

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Its notable that Rodgers got hurt "creating" and trying to spin away from pressure 

Yes Brady and Manning played forever but they got rid of the ball very quickly, knowing that their creating days were behind them

For Rodgers to make it through this year he's going have to make quicker decisions. He looked gunshy both in 22 and 23.

holding it for 4 seconds on a 2 second chop block protection is what got him hurt. Not just being old 

It's like if your old be old don't try to scramble and spin away those days are over 

If it was Rodgers having to change his playing style I’d be worried. But Rodgers does get rid of the ball fast. Judging his whole career based on 4 plays is foolish. With that logic Zach Wilson is a franchise QB if you take 4 plays he’s had in a row and made that who he is.

Some of you are taking 4 plays and making that who Rodgers is and are ignoring what he did just the few years before then.