***Official offseason 08 thread***

gangreenman

Time to give this season up guys...WE SUCK!!!!

So, lets talk about this offseason.

My guess is we'll have a top 15 pick, we can really use some quality pass rushers at the DE/OLB spot.

My guess is that Chad will probably be either a Cheif or a Bear by next season as KC is definately beginning to close the gap on Chad, has a stronger arm, and has a lot more room for improvement.

Question is, what can we get in return for him?

I'd take Derrick Johnson from the Cheifs and a 1st or 2nd rounder from the Bears.

And WHY IN GODS NAME DOES OUR DEFENSE SUCK SO MUCH?!?!?!?!

Our CS and FO have to get together and figure out how to get the players that will HELP US MAKE SOME STOPS next season.

Dammit, I hate being a Jets fan, it feels like we've been 2-3 years away for over a decade now... But I honestly do feel that Tangini has this team headed in the right direction. Unfortunately, growing pains happen. Heck, look how long it took Marty to reform the Chargers, Lovie the Bears, Marvin the Bengals, etc...

Lets see....

New NT.

Better DE's to help with our horrible pass rush.

Upgrades over Clement and Clark.

Upgrade over DBrick, face it, the guy was a mistake...not worth a 1st rd pick...forget about 4th overall.

But yea, we need to do some cleaning this offseason... Trade DRob, maybe Vilma, maybe Pennington, sign/draft/acquire a big 325lb+ NT who can play, get an OLB/DE that can pass rush, and some OLinemen that can block...

Im still out on the jury about Brick but yes last season was a disappointment and hes looked relatively better this season. I said it before, Robertson is getting way too much for his lackluster performance and on some plays hes anchored a good stop, but too many times hes been blown off the line. We still need a solid NT to anchor this and anything to upgrade our pass rush, which looked absolutely horrible.

i say we go after players from miami or USC, they seem to be the best in the pros

I hope you're not serious...

You draft players, not schools.

What college did Ben Roethlisberger come from?

Jerry Rice?

Ladanian Tomlinson?

The list goes on....

A lot of the best players in the NFL today came from schools you probably have never even heard of.

Archived