The real problem with the Jets

NorthCoastJetsFan

You can say what you want about Chad. I thought he was pretty good today, but they lost, so he gets the blame.

I think there is another major problem with this team. And one that is not going to be cured very quickly.

Eric Mangini.

This supposed defensive genius has shown me nothing on the defensive side of the ball. He continues to slavishly shoehorn pieces that don't fit into a system that IS NOT WORKING. The play calling is atrocious on both sides of the ball. The defense looked unprepared today and they did what they're really good at: making a mediocre QB look like a hall of famer. Where's the pass rush? Where is an impact player anywhere?

They are the worst thing you can be in the NFL: predictable.

We all got sucked in last year when we took advantage of an easy schedule and had success against the dregs of the NFL. It's not happening now. I'm not saying he should be fired, but unless he changes up a little bit, he'll never win either.

You can say what you want about Chad. I thought he was pretty good today, but they lost, so he gets the blame.

I think there is another major problem with this team. And one that is not going to be cured very quickly.

Eric Mangini.

This supposed defensive genius has shown me nothing on the defensive side of the ball. He continues to slavishly shoehorn pieces that don't fit into a system that IS NOT WORKING. The play calling is atrocious on both sides of the ball. The defense looked unprepared today and they did what they're really good at: making a mediocre QB look like a hall of famer. Where's the pass rush? Where is an impact player anywhere?

They are the worst thing you can be in the NFL: predictable.

We all got sucked in last year when we took advantage of an easy schedule and had success against the dregs of the NFL. It's not happening now. I'm not saying he should be fired, but unless he changes up a little bit, he'll never win either.

There was a lot I didn't like about the defense-Vilma's usual pussy act, no pass rush, Reed, etc. But they only gave up 17 points. Against a weak Bills defense, the offense should be a ble to get'er done.

And what would you have proposed we do? Trade Robertson whos in the middle of a huge contract? Trade Vilma whos still under his rookie contract? Tell Ellis to retire because hes obviously not his old Pro-Bowl self? Pennington is also in the middle of a huge contract, god only knows why.

Mangini is set on the idea of a 3-4 defense and we still dont have all the players for it but he thinks this will be the better defense in the long run and its still taking longer than you thought.

And what about our o-line. We also put big money on 2 first rounders, it wouldnt make sense to spend big bucks on more high profile o-line men in FA or the draft and have all our money go to just our o-line?

And what would you have proposed we do? Trade Robertson whos in the middle of a huge contract? Trade Vilma whos still under his rookie contract? Tell Ellis to retire because hes obviously not his old Pro-Bowl self? Pennington is also in the middle of a huge contract, god only knows why.

Mangini is set on the idea of a 3-4 defense and we still dont have all the players for it but he thinks this will be the better defense in the long run and its still taking longer than you thought.

And what about our o-line. We also put big money on 2 first rounders, it wouldnt make sense to spend big bucks on more high profile o-line men in FA or the draft and have all our money go to just our o-line?

Good coaches use what assets they have and put their players in a position to succeed. They don't put players into situations wher ethey have no chance. They adjust their schemes to match the talent they have. If you have 4-3 talent, you don't play a 3-4. If you have an abundance of good linebackers, you don't play a 4-3.

Mangini seems unable to do this, that's my point. What are we going to do next year if there is not a big NT available? Another year of lousy defense?

Who said anything about the o-line? I question the playcalling, and the general lack of breakaway speed.

You have to be able to adapt as a coach. Mangini has not shown me an ability to do that.

2009 and beyond, people. 2009 and beyond.

The Jets are in a rebuilding mode. Only you let a 10-6 lucky break season in 2006 fool you to believe otherwise.

I think you just hit the donkey on the head! This IS what our problem is(as fans), the media is to blame too, Mangenius tabs, compete with the Patriots for Division.

We ARE rebuilding!

There, I feel better now!!:)

I agree with what your saying and if Mangini is so dead set on this 3-4 we need to make some serious changes now because we see this week in and week out. Im trying to understand that this is still gonna be a work in progress for a 3-4 and unfortunately this is still a very painful period. I want a better defense as much as anyone else, and if getting a 3-4 is the better end result than I support Mangini, but im tired of these growing pains.

We need some drastic changes now.

Archived