Last season!!!

Irish Jet

I think Jones was banged up from game-action early last year. I haven't heard anything suggesting that he's still nursing his pre-season injury. Judging from the way the line played, I don't see how much better he would do even in a zone on his most injury-free day.

There's just been nowhere to run & Jones is not the type of back with the ability to step back & run around a pile to the other side of the field, turn the corner, and then gain yards.

I don't think that much of him, but I wouldn't finger-point his on-field play as a reason for his pitiful #'s in his 3 "bad" games.

He doesnt look right, even when he gets good run-blocking (rare I know) he can get about 5 yards but doesnt beat the first guy.

I've yet to see anything close to his full ability that he showed in Chicago were he had decent if not good run-blocking.

I think he may still be shaken up.

He doesnt look right, even when he gets good run-blocking (rare I know) he can get about 5 yards but doesnt beat the first guy.

I've yet to see anything close to his full ability that he showed in Chicago were he had decent if not good run-blocking.

I think he may still be shaken up.

You really think so?

Hope this is the case. He does stutter-step a bit to much when there are no blockers in front of him, as a "patient" runner knows how to do. When he's dead to rights, he still kind of pats his feet in place as though that's some sort of move. Oh - and then he gets tackled. In those situations, take the 2 yards you can get instead of hoping for a miracle hole to materialize that you can get 6 yards out of.

You really think so?

Hope this is the case. He does stutter-step a bit to much when there are no blockers in front of him, as a "patient" runner knows how to do. When he's dead to rights, he still kind of pats his feet in place as though that's some sort of move. Oh - and then he gets tackled. In those situations, take the 2 yards you can get instead of hoping for a miracle hole to materialize that you can get 6 yards out of.

I remember a Bears fan(possibly Swarm, which is why I'd remember it) mentioning that while TJ was a great runner, he "dances" too much in the backfield, which is essentially what you're talking about.

Im not so sure thats going to change, if thats the case.

Archived