Is Clemens Really The One?

Greenbaumenom

Thanks. I can appreciate your issues with JUST basing draft picks on measureables, like Chris Henry (the RB). The guy never even hit 3.5 ypc in college. We'll see if he turns out. It's all a crap shoot. You just try to make the most educated decision you can. Do you honestly think Vince Young is going to be a great qb? He's not my idea of the ideal passer. By your criteria nobody would have picked Brady. I don't know about you, but I'd rather have Brady than Young.

Good point. I was going to say that it sounded like Drago was describing Moss when he was badmouthing Mike Williams.

You are always going to have your surprises, and it seems the surprises are coming less and less, so maybe scouts and GM's are finding the right criteria to base their decisions.

Surprises i think of are, Moss, Marino, sean taylor (despite his suspensions, he's still a good to great safety) (character flaws in college, but preformed anyway)

I just keep thinking of the really great players of the NFL, almost every one of them have a great deal of character and a tremendous work regiment, rice, montana, LT, walter payton, barry sanders, brett favre, jim brown, orlando pace....the list goes on.

They need to put character at a much higher level, you need to have it to make a truly great player...unless you land randy moss, in which case you better have plenty of character around him.

As for your Young and Brady comparison...there would have been no telling, brady getting benched at Michigan and all, and of course I would take Brady given the opportunity to pick.

Penny gets traded by week six (trade deadline) to Carolina for a 2 and 4 pick this year!!:)

all we could get for our linguine is a baloney sandwich, his play vs Gints

killed any trade value

the more i see those picks... the more i puke, my daughter can throw harder

than our POS

all we could get for our linguine is a baloney sandwich, his play vs Gints

killed any trade value

the more i see those picks... the more i puke, my daughter can throw harder

than our POS

Carolina is so desperate, they are starting Vinny this week, I'm sure they would pay up!!

(this ofcourse, is purely playing around)

Thanks. I can appreciate your issues with JUST basing draft picks on measureables, like Chris Henry (the RB). The guy never even hit 3.5 ypc in college. We'll see if he turns out. It's all a crap shoot. You just try to make the most educated decision you can. Do you honestly think Vince Young is going to be a great qb? He's not my idea of the ideal passer. By your criteria nobody would have picked Brady. I don't know about you, but I'd rather have Brady than Young.

Crap shoot all right, you could probably go into the draft with no scouts, just read the local papers and magazines and STILL have a great draft!

yFGucgncvYo

So only Jay Cutler should start in this league, and Clemens is better than Leinart. That's some lofty praise right there, Clemens is projected to be the premier backup out of the 2004 draft. It's too bad we're looking for a starting QB.

Archived